Train Sim World 2 - Western Venturer

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Mar 11, 2021.

1. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

TSW2_Diesel_Legends_Social_Assets_In_game_loading_screen_Out_Now_ENG_1920x1080.jpg
    Read the article here.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 12
  2. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

This seems to have some good elements, some bad, but for long-time players is definitely held back by the price... well... maybe one day... in a hefty discount.

But the collecting checklist looks really cool, hopefully, we will see it more often with unique locomotives.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Vinnie

Vinnie Well-Known Member

In respect to everyone who bought this pack,
    Your pain is my pain,
    We're all GWB owners

F

• Like Like x 5
  4. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

For me, I have no issues with the content of this pack. Having a 117 would be ideal, but the idea is a nice one even if it's lacking inspiration in the form of stock choices.

I don't even have a problem for the price. £15 for a decent working timetable isn't a bad investment when you consider how much play time it offers.

But I do really have an issue with the complete lack of quality control this add-on has released with. I've seen reports that scenarios don't work, the 31 services have more bugs than the Amazon, the 52 has various issues with cameras and the AWS controls, etc. And then there's the case that the freight services are missing from release.

For £15, this really isn't acceptable. It proves that nothing has been learnt from previous releases such as SEHS and WCMLS (TS Classic), and instead DTG are still happy to ship subpar products and live with the consequences.

It's strange to think that the 465 released last week with only a few minor teething issues. Did Quality Control not have chance to look at this add-on?

My money will be firmly in my account until the bugs are patched. I've seen others refund the DLC and I imagine a few people will have been put off by the volume of bugs.

• Like Like x 7
  5. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

yes me refund

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

I was skeptical but I bought the pack.

On the one hand, you can finally step on the gas with the Class 52.
    The new scenarios, services and the new possibility to have multiple timetables at the same route are very welcome.
    Thanks also for choosing the better Class 08, I was afraid that it might be the first one with less functionality.

On the other hand, instead of an additional, third Class 101 with the saaame livery (we already have twice),
    I would have preferred a BR blue Class 20, which would have been something new, even if it is only a different livery.
    Or does the Class 20 not deserve the title "legend" in your eyes, hmm?
    Come on TrainSim-Matt, make us a blue Class 20 please. ;)

The price of 16,19€ (10% discount) is still justified in my opinion, but everyone has to decide for himself.
    All in all, I like the pack and idea. I do not regret the purchase.

P.S.: Class 20, don't forget it.

P.P.S: In BR blue, put it on your list. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  7. tardisgaming07

tardisgaming07 Well-Known Member

So it appears that completely writing this pack off when it was announced was a decent idea

• Like Like x 1
  8. tardisgaming07

tardisgaming07 Well-Known Member

Also, absolutely laughable that the 08 and 101 are included with half of the DLC you need to run this

• Like Like x 2
  9. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

You don’t need any DLC apart from Great Western, to run this. Only if you want the additional layers. Just like most of the German routes have additional layers, but I don’t see many people claiming you have to buy all the DLC for them.

The timetable is actually pretty good especially using a raildriver in the Class 52.

• Like Like x 6
  10. SprattyHeath

SprattyHeath Well-Known Member

About the only thing that interests me in the "Western Venturer" article is the checklist, nice to see that SOME effort at least was put into giving each loco a nameplate... Although it could probably be taken straight from the WSR 52 for all I know...‍

Regardless, I find this DLC an absolute waste of time and money, will be spending it on Arosa instead...

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Matthew Wilson

Matthew Wilson Well-Known Member

The WSR 52 only came with 3 or 4 possible number/name combinations.

12. SprattyHeath

SprattyHeath Well-Known Member

Thanks for the clarification!

13. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 5
  14. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The only DLC you need to run this is GWE, which comes with neither.

• Like Like x 1