PlayStation Add Ons For Ps4

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by perkins#2674, Mar 11, 2021.

1. perkins#2674

perkins#2674 New Member

Sorry for silly question but I'm new to ps4 train sims.
    Just bought TSW & TSW 2.
    Great fun so far but I really like the old BR locos.
    Can you buy/down load the add ons for ps4 that I've found.
    Or are they just for professional PC players.

Thanks

2. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Unfortunately on consoles, you can't buy anything other than what is available in the digital stores on said console (PlayStation store, XBox store). You can't buy or install mods on consoles.
    There are several add-ons that feature classic BR diesel locos.
    Tees Valley
    Northern Trans-Pennine
    BR Heavy Freight (needs Northern Trans-Pennine).

There are also add-on locos for Tees Valley.
    There's also West Somerset Railway which features a few diesel locos as well as 2 add-on locos for it.

The new diesel legends pack for Great Western includes the class 52, class 101 DMU and the class 08 shunter (gronk) and doesn't need the other packs for those locos. You do however need the Great Western express DLC for it to work.

If you buy add ons for TSW2020, they will work in TSW2 and are free. If you buy add-ons for TSW2 (preserved collection), these won't work in TSW2020.

Great Western diesel legends pack only works with TSW2.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

If you buy any dlc in the future remember to do it for TSW2020, because this way you will get it for free also for TSW2. I'm also telling you this because most routes were preserved for TSW2, but this work has brought bugs and poor sounds. They are fixing it but until then, if it's the first time you are going to play some old routes you might get a better experience doing it in TSW 2020. And when they have polished them and even added new features you will be able to enjoy them in TSW2.

4. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

Depends. Are the addons for TSW 2 or TSW 2020? Then yes. Are they for Train Simulator 2021? Then no. That’s PC exclusive.

5. Gav

Gav Active Member

You can only download what is in the store, because you posted this is the playstation section of the forum I am taking it that you are on PS4/PS5.. so that means you can only buy whats in the PS Store, most will play on TSW, but some of the newer stuff will only work on TSW 2..

If you like the older trains then I'd say get Northern Trans-Pennine, this features some older BR trains and its also a good interesting route..

6. perkins#2674

perkins#2674 New Member

How do I purchase the add ons please

7. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

Online PlayStation store. Search for TSW2 or TSW2020 games and then click add ons. Click on dlc you want and pay by PlayStation store voucher or credit / bank card. Buy TSW2 add ons that are available in TSW2020 in TSW2020 then you can play them in both games. Assuming of course you have bought TSW2020.

Edit... Edited because I asked a question that was answered in another thread.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
  8. perkins#2674

perkins#2674 New Member

9. perkins#2674

perkins#2674 New Member

I've bought TSW 2020 & TSW2