A Question For Dtg

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by kosti.nuuja, Mar 12, 2021.

1. kosti.nuuja

kosti.nuuja Well-Known Member

On "Cologne-Frankfurt High speed line" topic tallboy7648 written that you are planning to make route extensions for TSW2. Is that true?

• Like Like x 1
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

"planning", "want to", "maybe at some point in the future"
    I think people see any of them and think it's happening next week. Certainly if you look at the roadmap stream this week Sam leans towards "something we want to do in the future" rather than an outright no, but I will roll out the usual DTG answer
    "If it's not on the roadmap it's not being worked on"

• Like Like x 5
  3. stijn.claessens

stijn.claessens Well-Known Member

I think that they said "we don't want that, we want diversity" in the beginning.
    But there was a stream where they kleft the door open but it would be a lot of work to integrate timetables etc.

4. nielsmallant100

nielsmallant100 Well-Known Member

I think the problem is rather with how DTG deals with such terms. DTG also said 'definitely, MP is coming to TSW'. Well, if anyone found it, let me know.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

There is no such thing as a one sided argument.
    DTG have made statements that were "hopes and dreams" which were stated as fact, I'm sure just about everyone has done the same at some point, but if they say "we want" or "at some point" some people seem to take that as "it's coming" and start asking when

6. nielsmallant100

nielsmallant100 Well-Known Member

true, but we are individuals, DTG is a company selling products and promises

• Like Like x 1
  7. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I don’t think the position has changed at all recently. DTG are reluctant to do extensions. They could try one though as an experiment, like the Diesel Legends timetable pack, just to see if there is actual demand rather than a perceived demand. I don’t think anyone at DTG has said they were now open to doing them as a sudden change of heart. As there’s only one forum member saying they did, I’d take their words with a pinch of salt.

8. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Well they've done some extensions for TS1 so it's not unreasonable to assume there'd be similar demand in TSW. Not sure how many extensions they have done but I'm fairly sure it's single figures (I can only think of 3, with a 4th I'm not too sure about).

9. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Sam has said on stream that historically extensions haven’t done that well, so maybe they weren’t a success in TS1 and that’s putting them off. They have also said that any extensions they would do would have to also stand alone as a route in their own right and then there may be an extra cost for a timetable that uses both joined routes. They have to make money out of it for it to happen of course. So it would be a different type of extension than is TS if they did experiment with it.

10. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

I detected a shift in tone towards extensions recently, as if they had been having internal conversations about it and the hurdles to cross. Maybe even one of those hurdles is being worked on? But I don't think there will be extensions announced in the near future.

11. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I think that the advent of alternate timetables introduced with BRB/DLGW and apparently also for the '38 Tube on Bakerloo will be a big step in making route extensions or route linking possible. In a stream some time back Maqtt had said that the big hurdle was the timetables: using RRO and RSN as an example - not that they are real candidates* - each have their own timetables, for Wuppertal-Hagen and Finnentrop-Hagen, but obviously no through services.

But if a separate timetable for the joined routes is possible, an alternate service "layer" to the existing ones, then that hurdle is overcome.

-
    *AS many German users have pointed out, there are no scheduled passenger services Wuppertal-Finnentrop. So although these two routes do uniquely share a terminus, that marriage wouldn't be very fruitful. This isn't to say, though, that adding additional pieces of the Rhein-Ruhr network isn't in the future....

• Like Like x 3
  12. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

One thing I could imagine is that they might extend the LGV. The route is recent enough that they might have left some doors open to make it longer if the route is popular.

The reason I am thinking this is firstly, that they have the same happening on TS1. Secondly, all the recent time I had the feeling that they only have a license for doing a TGV and no other trains by the license holder. They often said in examples that sometimes they only get licenses for one specific train than for the broader network.
    Thirdly they often say that they do intend to do multiple routes when they already do the effort of creating new region specific stuff.
    So if we then take a look at the good reviews they got on that route (which personally has me wonder a bit, but fair enough), they could be interested in doing another French route. If they can only do the tgv, that would most likely be another seperate from the mainlain LGV line. Now you could do the same again and do a 30 minute run track somewhere in France, or you could make the LGV Mediterranee longer like in TS1, which would also raise the overall runtime on this route to an amount that, from what I have read on the forums, is closer to what enthusiasts expect from such an experience.
    Who knows, maybe you could even have both parts as standalone that have a function to connect if owned both of them. This way you evade the dlc for dlc issue.

Oh well, just speculating...

13. kosti.nuuja

kosti.nuuja Well-Known Member

I would be awesome to have LGV Rhone-Alpes & Mediterranee on TSW2. The Marseille-Avignon route is way too short, if we want to get a good experience of high-speed train driving on TSW2.

14. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

They are open to doing route extensions but don't have the tech in. It was said in a dtg roadmap stream but doesn't mean it will happen though. It might not happen at all but it seems it will in the future as a experiment by they way it was said. If it's not on the roadmap, then don't expect them anytime soon though. It wouldn't make sense not to do them as they have done extensions for routes in ts2021, there is a market for extensions, and there have been many requests for extensions

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
  15. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Yeah but this is not a lie. MP will come. But they for sure cannot develop mp AND Steam at the same time. These are big projects.
    They also said Steam will come with TSW, and now it is on the roadmap. Things take time. They don't fall from the sky.

• Like Like x 4
  16. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Even though it's been 4 years I'm slightly optimistic that ,MP will come in the future

17. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

You've all been around long enough to know that if something is not written on the roadmap it is not being worked on.

It's been quite refreshing to talk about bigger ideas lately, but if you'd rather just go back to the black and white of is or is not on the roadmap, that can be done.

• Helpful Helpful x 1