PlayStation What Would You Really Like To See Come To Tsw2?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by shhweeet#4292, Mar 8, 2021.

1. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

I’d love to have the UK west coast main line featured especially the Shap and Beattock sections with their challenging gradients especially in the rain and snow. I’d also like a Royal Mail travelling post office (TPO) which would pose a challenge to keep it on schedule in order for the mail to get delivered on time. Tasks could include posting letters in the carriage letter box and operating the net that caught the mail pouches. I wonder if they would replicate the TPO staff jumping off at every stop in order to dive into the platform bar for a pint which were lined up waiting for them?

• Like Like x 2
  2. lukas#1835

lukas#1835 Active Member

I the Berlin s bahn

• Like Like x 1
  3. HamioSamio098

HamioSamio098 Well-Known Member

A route that is in Lincoln, England because I'm extremely bias.

But other things I would love to see:
    ECML- Kings Cross-Peterborough
    Cross City Line
    Stratford Upon Avon-Birmingham Snow Hill
    GEML
    and many other things

• Like Like x 2
  4. Sheldon1000

Sheldon1000 Well-Known Member

Id like to see little things to make it feel more alive. Birds flying around, more traffic on roads, people walking about the streets as well as in the stations. Workers in the stations in hiviz directing passengers. Railway police officers at stations. Workers on the lines now and again where you have to sound the horn to warn them giving you action points. Dynamic weather. AI trains that sometimes run late affecting the signals. Workers around parked trains in sidings. A working conductor. More tannoy announcements and station announcements on trains. Passengers speaking to each other on trains just general speaking noises hassle and bustle.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  5. LiquidShadows

LiquidShadows Well-Known Member

I'll be in the minority here but I'd love to see some modern locomotives added to the American freight routes. The AC4400CW is iconic and super reliable, but it would be nice to hop into an SD70ACe or an ES44AC, especially with the upcoming Clinchfield and Cane Creek routes.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

Liverpool-Manchester via Rainhill. If nothing else because there's a very good chance my house would be on it. :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Neriman

Neriman New Member

I would love to see TRENITALIA's lines in the game. Especially the regional and intercity lines with their beautiful landscapes. In high speed category, it would be so great to be able to drive some of the iconic SHINKANSEN from JAPAN RAILWAYS.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Phil78

Phil78 Active Member

The only thing I want is a Deltic. After that, my life will be complete and I can die in peace.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Put this in suggestions so then people from all platforms can make suggestions , not just PlayStation users

• Like Like x 2
  10. RynoHawk

RynoHawk Member

Chicago L or commuter rail. I’d like to see one of the Loop lines (Brown, Orange, or Pink), especially Brown as it was the route near my home when I lived there. Also the Loop is probably the most iconic area of Chicago rapid transit.

• Like Like x 1
  11. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

I'd like a route of my home country, Belgium. Something that includes the Antwerpen-Centraal station. Maybe something like the Antwerp-Charleroi route.

Unfortunately, Belgium is a very small country. Therefore there are not a lot of TSW players compared to other countries. That means our voice goes practically unheard and the chance of a Belgian route in the game is practically non-existing :(

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

TrackIr

13. RynoHawk

RynoHawk Member

Switzerland is not very big and they’re getting a route, so you never know. Also I don’t think it has so much to do with where the players are as what route may be new and different. Someone from Germany may suggest a train and route they took in Spain.

• Like Like x 1
  14. barryr21

barryr21 Active Member

This

• Like Like x 1
  15. barryr21

barryr21 Active Member

Be pretty fun to drive over the Sankey Viaduct!!

• Like Like x 1
  16. mdh757

mdh757 Member

Nothing i wan't more than Blackpool Tramway.

• Like Like x 2
  17. shhweeet#4292

Carlisle to Settle line. Driving trains over the famous Ribblehead viaduct would be cool.

• Like Like x 2
  18. shhweeet#4292

Compete with the trams that look like a steam train and ship which I think are still in service on the Blackpool tram lines.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Southwestern US.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Gav

Gav Active Member

I want Swanage Railway, beautiful Steam Train line, this will be the perfect intro for steam trains into the game. Its a lovely route.

• Like Like x 1
  21. shhweeet#4292

I would also quite like a pendolino train on any possible west coast main line map, preferably painted in the classic Virgin Trains colour scheme. I always thought they looked quite cool.

• Like Like x 3
  22. jacob simpson

jacob simpson New Member

I would like to see loads more UK destinations on there

• Like Like x 3
  23. jacob simpson

jacob simpson New Member

I've just had the calling all stations scenario almost done I had one stop to go and the train went dead and I couldn't restart it it just kept going backwards

• Like Like x 1
  24. mdh757

mdh757 Member

Yep. No where like it for the range of modern and heritage trams running on the line, aswel as those illuminated specials. How amazing would this be in TSW? People are getting all excited about a train with a rainbow on it. Imagine randomly getting a rocket tram!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  25. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

I would like to see the WCML come to TSW2. It won't be possible to add the VT colour scheme or anything related to the Virgin brand though. They've had to remove the Virgin branding in TSxx so it definitely won't appear in TSW.
    It would be the same as wanting Arriva trains liveries in the game. They don't have the licences for them anymore which is why routes got re-released in TSxx with unbranded trains.

• Like Like x 1
  26. HeuF

HeuF Active Member

The Netherlands: Groningen-Delfzijl. :D
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  27. aya.rahman

aya.rahman Member

I think with the new big update later in the year multiplayer will come.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Allan

Allan Member

Køln-Koblenz

29. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Amtrak and a segment of the North East Corridor.
    A Midwest freight route.

• Like Like x 1
  30. shhweeet#4292

[QUOTE="Nick Y, post: 270080, member:
    It won't be possible to add the VT colour scheme or anything related to the Virgin brand though. They've had to remove the Virgin branding in TSxx so it definitely won't appear in TSW.
    It would be the same as wanting Arriva trains liveries in the game. They don't have the licences for them anymore which is why routes got re-released in TSxx with unbranded trains.[/QUOTE]

Ahh bummer. I forgot about the licences issue. Having said that though they’ve used the Network South East livery for the IOW trains haven’t they so perhaps something could be negotiated maybe?

• Like Like x 1
  31. mariner86

mariner86 Active Member

I’m all for an SD80MAC

• Like Like x 2
  32. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

I've noticed how most of the replies on this thread pertain to route suggestions, which are all fantastic by the way, but the things that I would most like to see in TSW2 is simply a focus on the smaller details. A lot of things can fall into this category, but what I mean are things like the return of wet platforms, more use of dynamic weather, and perhaps even the use of horns by the AI.

Of course it doesn't have to end there, but what I would really love to have in TSW is that feeling of a living, breathing world, with things moving around and doing tasks. I would love to feel like I'm contributing to a network, moving goods/people around to their destinations. Sometimes I do genuinely get that feeling, especially on some of the newer routes like SEHS and HMA with its dense traffic. Other times, I just wish that TSW just went the extra mile to include those nice little touches.
    Just imagine driving out of a major transit hub, seeing a ton of passengers waiting on the platforms. As you pull away, you blast your horn a few times to alert some workers on the tracks wearing high-vis jackets, and drive past a few of those maintenance trains. Perhaps the track work has caused a bit of a delay, so now it's up to you as the driver to keep to the schedule as best as you can whilst trying to handle rainy conditions.
    A scenario like this is somewhat possible on TS Classic, but having the ability to do that in TSW would be fantastic.
    This is a long term vision of course, but I would love if this sim can be built up and be able to support things like that in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  33. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

These are all great route suggestions, I would like more American passenger rail routes or routes like the peninsula corridor but with flagship heavy freight locos instead of switchers:D
    upload_2021-3-14_18-9-25.jpeg
    upload_2021-3-14_18-10-40.jpeg
    upload_2021-3-14_18-12-21.jpeg
    There’s not really a lot of support for US rail compared to British or European rail in TSW, so it’ll be nice to see some more American content in the game.

• Like Like x 3
  34. mariner86

mariner86 Active Member

I’m with you. The Amtrak P42 would be an awesome addition to the game, taking the Capitol Limited over Sand Patch would be a very fun activity, it makes a station stop in Cumberland. I believe it is usually in that area during daylight. I’d like some Larger EMD freight locos as well! The US content seems to suffer a bit compared with the European routes. I wish the sound files for the American freight locos were a little better. The AC4400 is really bad, the prime mover doesn’t even sound close to a real GE, and with all the CSX K5LA horn is just awful they should have used the version they had with the Amtrak cab car or Siemens Charger it was a much better recording. The EMD locomotives sound good, and I think for the US routes the Peninsula corridor is the most accurate.

• Like Like x 1
  35. LiquidShadows

LiquidShadows Well-Known Member

Oooo, yeah! Good call.

• Like Like x 1
  36. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Wherry lines!

• Like Like x 1
  37. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Yep DTG really needs to improve on the sounds of American locos, of course some have good sounds like peninsula corridor but the AC4400 doesn’t sound well. Hopefully they’ll improve and give us better, more accurate sounds in the upcoming clinchfield railroad.