Ts2018 Locks Up

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jf1963, Mar 26, 2018.

1. jf1963

jf1963 New Member

Does anybody else have the problem of TS2018 locking up at the main screen? Basically have to tap the windows key them close the TS2018 window. Doesn't do it every time, but enough to be annoying. Thank you!!

2. DeanO55

DeanO55 Member

Where exactly does it lock/freeze?
    What does it say on the loading screen?
    Do you get past the loading screen into the menus' ?
    If so what do you click on?

3. jf1963

jf1963 New Member

locks at the main menu. can't select drive, profile, build, or even quit game. have to go to windows desktop and close train sim window. dont do it all the time so havent narrowed anything down.

4. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I never have experienced that myself, I would suggest running a integrity check of the game to ensure all files are there. Would also suggest if you have not already done in submit a ticket.

5. Michael Newbury

There is one other to do and that is start up train sim again, and when locks on you do the following. Press the windows and d key that will give you your desktop. You will probably find a error box on the desktop, submit that to dtg when submitting a ticket.

6. DeanO55

DeanO55 Member

At the bottom of the loading screen where it shows what the program is loading, does it go through the process and end with "installation complete"?
    What version number and has it been updated?
    Is your computer running out of memory or HDD space or video memory?

7. Michael Newbury

So I have tested mine and yes mine loads up and goes through it process and ends up with installation complete.
    The version it shows is v61.4b
    I have no issues with hdd or memory as I have 1 1 terrabyte hdd and 16gb of memory

8. DeanO55

DeanO55 Member

That's great to hear but you are not the OP with the problem , so what is your problem and should you not start your own thread if you have one.....
    I'll be glad to try and help either way but I need lots of info on the problem and what exactly it is you see on your screen in front of YOU.
    Remember, I see nothing here and need all the symptoms posted in explicit detail before any one here can decide what may be wrong.

9. Michael Newbury

My apologies I thought I was replying to the person who was actually having the issue.

10. Hilderley

Hilderley New Member

I have exactly the same error where the program locks up at the main screen, I happens so frequently I expect it to lock up.
    I try Ctrl Alt Del to be able to force stop the program, but even that is locked.
    Simplest solution is to reboot the pc then pray.
    Loosing the will to continue frankly.

11. Michael Newbury

If it locks up again try pressing the windows and d key this will give you your desktop. There is a chance that you find a crash dump error box. Submit a ticket along with the crash dump file they will be able to better tell you what the issue is and how to fix it.

When I had a similar experience about a month ago it was because of workshop file that corrupted my game.