New Tsw2 Keeps Crashing

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jameswake1410, Mar 7, 2021.

1. jameswake1410

jameswake1410 New Member

Hi

I’ve just installed TSW2 along with the Isle of Wight add on and it’s crashed five times in less than an hour, my brand new Acer laptop runs Windows 10 and has the minimum required 8GB RAM. Any assistance would be appreciated

The messages I’m getting include these attached 4F8984A8-7ADB-436B-B961-4853A0DF2A2F.jpeg 18AFCB46-3CF0-4A3F-8920-8550BACC2527.jpeg

2. dlegner

dlegner New Member

I'm having the same issues. Brand new i9 10900K with RTX 3070.
    EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION all the time after some minutes of gaming. It's not possible to drive longer routes.
    No problems with other games so far.

3. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

I think RAM should be 16G. In the past, computers often crashed at 8G, and Unreal Engine crashed.
    In order to prevent this phenomenon from appearing in the memory, I upgraded the computer memory to 32G (16GX2)

4. dlegner

dlegner New Member

I have 64 GB RAM. That should not be a problem. I can play other games for hours, but TSW2 is crashing after a few minutes.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. jameswake1410

jameswake1410 New Member

It says a minimum of 8GB RAM on the games, is that per add on or for the whole game even when I add on other routes?

I've got the Isle of Wight and bought the Deluxe Package so have the East Coastway too as well as the base game of course

6. jameswake1410

jameswake1410 New Member

How would I go about getting more RAM then? I imagine it would cost more but is it just a simple purchase then download?

although that might not be the issue here if someone has 64GB and it keeps crashing

7. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

dlegner please make sure you submit a ticket detailing your problem if you haven't already. That way we can investigate and hopefully find a cause for your issue.

8. DEXCON

DEXCON Member

Nahhh Bro. I am doing it with 8 GB of RAM. Didn't have a Unreal 4 crash report in a long time so that's porbably not the issue.

9. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

cpu Amd?

10. jameswake1410

jameswake1410 New Member

I did submit the logs each time it crashed so hopefully the staff team at Dovetail can help, as I love the game, the details are great, controls are nice and straightforward but it’s crashing every few minutes

11. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Feel your pain.
    Had to reinstall win10 last week.
    Base tsw2 was the only install on the ssd and it just didn’t run.
    Kept crashing after after a minute or two into a route. Not to desktop but a full reboot.
    This is on a machine with 16gb ram that ran tsw2 at 60fps.
    Did a second install and download and it still crashes with the latest nvidia drivers.
    Will try a new reinstall with a new ssd this week.
    If it continues crashing I’ll just walk away as life’s too short for all these downloads and buggering about.
    At least Skyrim runs like a champ.

12. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Did you install any mods? Remove them and see if you still have this problem.Few mods are not working properly.(though most of them do)

13. dlegner

dlegner New Member

Thanks. I already did yesterday.

14. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Same here. Ticket raised.

15. michael hooley

michael hooley Well-Known Member

In my opinion you don't need to be a genius to realise this is a problem with the way TSW is coded, I have exactly the same problem, regular crashes with exactly the same error message. this does not happen with any other application on my computer. I have submitted a ticket and followed all the suggested items, to no avail.
    My computer is a new top of the range gaming machine Asus Nvidia Card, i7 and 32 gig of ram.
    This has made TS2021 my goto sim, no problems and in my opinion a much better overall simulator experience.

I think that TSW cannot be fixed without a rewrite, which will not happen, therefore i will not be purchasing any more add ons.

A very frustrated customer.

16. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

For me TSW runs stable since it was first issued. On rare occasions you get an Unreal crash. The most recent crashed had to do with a Mod I installed. Issue was over when the Mod was removed. Also, caused by a Mod were complete game freezes.

I really wonder how you can conclude the game is not programmed properly? On what do you base your conclusion? Do have access to the code? Criticism is OK but if you post claims like this, you need to provide evidence. Btw I have a lot of IT experience.

• Like Like x 2
  17. fanta1682002

I PLAY TSW2 VERY GOOD I PC I7 6900K Nvidia GTX1080TI SLI RAM 32GB

18. chieflongshin

Is anyone finding that pausing the game and leaving for a few mins is locking pc. I cannot escape to get back to game, I cannot Alt and tab, I cannot get into task manager either.
    Something odds happening here

19. michael hooley

As a member of this forum and a DTG customer I have every right to express my opinion, i will leave it at that.

Mike

20. jameswake1410

jameswake1410 New Member

Attached Files:

21. michael hooley

I understand you frustration James, I get the same messages, I am very lucky to complete a long Service, on the other hand sometimes i can play the sim for a couple of hours without a problem.

Mike

22. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

This now has me putting upgrading my CPU and motherboard on hold until this is resolved.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
  23. GuitarMan

GuitarMan Well-Known Member

looking at it, your laptop does not have a graphics card.

the minimum requirements of the game are:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti or AMD Radeon R9 270 with 2 GB VRAM or more (AMD Max Supported Driver 20.4.2)

Also with the base processor speed being 2.4ghz and the minimum spec being 3.5 Ghz you would need to ensure the laptop was in high performance mode and you were doing everything to keep it cool and prevent the processor being throttled.

it may be worth a message to support to see if there’s anything they can suggest however it may be they advise the laptop is below spec.

24. jameswake1410

jameswake1410 New Member

As I’m not very technically minded, is there a way to get a graphics card?

25. GuitarMan

GuitarMan Well-Known Member

I’m not sure with a laptop. (I had help buying my last computer for the same reason, but learnt quite a bit about meeting the spec (particularly with laptops) at the same time.

26. jameswake1410

jameswake1410 New Member

Thanks guys! I’ve asked the person who recommended the laptop to me to see if they can let me know what the best course of action is

27. chieflongshin

James - What route are you playing? Mine keeps happening in the service menus of the older routes from what I can see.

Just now, 30 mins gameplay with an 08, exit back to choose next service and it happened whilst I was in the list.

Capture1.PNG

28. jameswake1410

jameswake1410 New Member

I have been playing the Isle of Wight but it also crashed on the Bakerloo line introduction tutorial

29. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

OK, so it is just an opinion not based on any facts or knowledge.

• Like Like x 1
  30. olsbyn

olsbyn Active Member

For me TSW2 has been very stable all the way, I don't have any of the addon routes, but I have all preserved dlc's except "Rapid Transit" and they are all installed and all tested. I have encountered some bugs that seem to be gone or not easily reproduceable, I have had the sim crash for me 2 times, both times when shutting TSW down, it doesn't seem to have any impact on the game, all saves works as expected.
    My setup is quite old to: i7 4790k, Nvidia GTX980, SSD disk and 16GB RAM, and the game runs at 58 FPS on very high settings most of the time ( FPS is capped by me due to a 60 GhZ monitor ).
    I can't help but thinking this is just another AMD issue, it wouldn't be the first time a game has troubles with AMD..

A free advice for those that seem to run out of memory: the first thing you do is open your task manager and see what runs in the background, memory issues might just as well be other programs or unneeded processes running in the background clogging up your RAM.

31. fanta1682002

For me TSW2 has been very stable all the way.I PC i7 6900k Nvidia Gtx1080ti SLI 32GB RAM

32. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I’m pretty sure that, as Guitarman mentioned already that the original poster’s problem is the graphics card is below the minimum specification.

From what I can see it has intel Iris graphics built in which I’m pretty sure is below what TSW2 requires.

Unfortunately there is no way to upgrade this laptop.

33. jameswake1410

jameswake1410 New Member

34. fanta1682002

35. jameswake1410

jameswake1410 New Member

I don’t get all the technical terms, it’s same CPU as current one but it has different graphics etc

36. michael hooley

James, I have a top of the range gaming computer and have exactly the same problem as you.

Mike

37. jameswake1410

jameswake1410 New Member

thank you Mike, that’s very interesting. I think I’ll see what the person who is good with IT says about trying the overclock. The laptop itself is really good and I don’t want to replace it as I want to use it for general things as well.

38. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

If it is a laptop with two graphics cards make sure the game is using the good graphics card rather than the inbuilt one: Graphics settings -> then click browsw and choose the exe file for TSW2 which is bizarrely called BootstrapPackagedGame and then in the dropdown menu select high performance. This will force the game to use your good graphics card.

39. jameswake1410

jameswake1410 New Member

I just had another thought, if we got a PS4 or Xbox would I be able to install it from a steam library onto it? If we got a brand new PS4 would I need to add anything else to it?

40. jameswake1410

jameswake1410 New Member

We think that apart from overclocking the processor we might not be able to do much else with the laptop

41. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

There's no way to add steam games to consoles. They have a separate O/S and are not compatible with steam assets.

42. jameswake1410

jameswake1410 New Member

Right, so how would I get the game for PS4 or Xbox?

43. jameswake1410

jameswake1410 New Member

I see it would mean buying the game on a Disc, but could the add ons still be purchased somehow?

44. jameswake1410

jameswake1410 New Member

In particular the East Coastway and Isle of Wight I have currently although not working properly

45. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

You would have to buy the game again either by disc or digitally through the console stores (XBox store or PlayStation store).
    Train Sim World does not support cross platform purchases/play so even if you own it on one system, you still have to buy it on another.

46. jameswake1410

jameswake1410 New Member

Right Ok that’s understood, so just to check if I bought a new PS4 then the Collectors edition disk new as well I wouldn’t have to buy anything extra to get the game to work? Would the TV it’s linked to need to have any minimum specifications?

I see the Collectors Edition PS4 disc includes East Coastway, so would there be a way to get Isle of Wight on top?

47. jameswake1410

jameswake1410 New Member

The laptop I can use for other things, I’ve needed a new one for a while anyway so it wouldn’t be a wasted purchase

48. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

As long as the TV is connected via HDMI then you won't have any issues at all. Whether it will run with HDR at 1080p/4K is dependent on whether your tv supports it. 2nd gen PS4 pros are much better noise wise and heat wise.

As for IoW, it is not included in any bundle for TSW2. It was developed by a 3rd party (Rivet) and published by DTG. The only way to get IoW is to buy it digitally, the same way as all new content published for TSW2.

49. smoothchat

smoothchat New Member

Get steam to do a file validation. I had crash issues and steam found that one of the files was corrupted.

50. jameswake1410

jameswake1410 New Member

thank you Smoothchat that will be the next thing I try, the repairer gave it back to me earlier, having done all the steps of the guide she could do, she upped the turbo boost as the processor can’t be increased. The game froze in the same place after about 8 mins of play, so when my cooling mat arrives I’ll try the verification.