Hrr - Hauptstrecke Rhein-ruhr, Thoughts.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ProfCreeptonius, Mar 24, 2020.

?
  1. AMAZING! BEST GERMAN DLC EVER!!

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  2. Very good

44 vote(s)
    46.8%
  3. Good, could do better though

31 vote(s)
    33.0%
  4. Okay, could be worse

10 vote(s)
    10.6%
  5. Bad, I don't like it

4 vote(s)
    4.3%
  6. Horrible waste of my money

4 vote(s)
    4.3%
  1. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

I'm encouraged that they're at least thinking about it, and i imagine that merging the timetable and signalling IS a challenging task. Also an opportunity to fix existing signalling bugs on those routes :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Satiel

Satiel New Member

This time i was about to skip it because i had a bad feeling from the stream, then i bought it because i'm stuck at home.

ECW was the last well done DLC, gets me mad that Ore is so close and yet route extension is off the table.

HRR was too ambituos, very complicated tracks layout, 2 branches, multiple services with multiple loco....
    The 425 is the only really well done thing in this DLC. Unfortunately you can enjoy it for 20min and then you have to leave the cab becasue it's already over...
    Trains without working PIS, missing skyline at Essen, impossible timetable to keep,unexpected speed changes, wrong stopping point for almost all services, no depot runs....and yes really really short....

ECW is short also, but is nice going down to Seaford, change cab reverse the train and go back, you feel "complete", there are also depot runs for moring or night shift...this is what i call a well done service timetable!!

OSD also gives you sense of accomplishment, you ride a train all the way south, then you split it, then you deliver the cars to the yard, a full job can take you hours to complete...

I think i will put on hold on buying any other DLC that makes me feel like a fish in an aquarium....

• Like Like x 1
  3. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Hello,
    Can somebody who own this route answer this questions of mine:
    How many freight services is on the route?
    Are all of them same kind (A-B/B-A) or is there more start/end freight yards?
    Which locos can be used to haul them? (standard substitution of 185.2; 155; 182; 143; or even 185.5)

Thanks!

4. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

Good morning Matto,
    There are a total of 30 services, all of which are A to B between Mülheim-Styrum and Bochum, either tankers or mixed freight.
    Available locos are 185.2, 182, 155 for every service and the 143 has 10 services out of the 30 total (numbered DB 873xx).

upload_2021-3-13_8-0-41.png

• Like Like x 3
  5. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Thank you Cael for info. I'm considering to use March Madness sale to buy it, even If I'm not a big fan of commuter trains, but upcoming DB BR 101 sounds interesting to me.
    I want try something new till Clinchfield will be launched.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021