Hamburg–lübeck Stats Now In The Steamdb

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by WonterRail, Mar 12, 2021.

1. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

So as we wait for the releases of the Arosalinie & Clinchfield Railroad, a third routes stats has now been added to the steamdb. This one kinda expect since it's now in the upcoming section of the roadmap, but the stats for Hamburg–Lübeck has now been added to the steamdb:

Now comes the interesting question. How long will it be after Arosa & Clinchfield before we get this route?

Steamdb: https://steamdb.info/app/1282590/history/?changeid=U:21747446

• Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Oli R C

Oli R C Member

I don't know much about the route, but certainly looking forward to seeing progress on this one.

3. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

Interesting fact, we've actually seen this route already... kinda..

Back in late January, DTG released a post talking about the development of Southeastern High Speed. During a section about developing the signals for the route, a screenshot is shown of what appears to be Hamburg-Lubeck in the development phase. This is evident of a small description in the near-top right-hand corner that states 'HBK_SignalView81', The first 3 letters are the same initials as the stats that have now been added to the steamdb:
    [​IMG]

Article where this screenshot is found: https://live.dovetailgames.com/live...article/tsw2-building-southeastern-high-speed

• Like Like x 10
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Hamburg Lübeck will be my next route purchase. Not interested in Arosa (yet) or Clinchfield.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

It's pretty flat, pretty straight, not really speedy, and with even more modern red DB trains. Oh and it has been done in Train Simulator before.

TBH I don't really understand why people like this route.

• Like Like x 7
  6. Oli R C

Oli R C Member

Fair enough. I did just take a look at it on Google Maps satellite view, and did think it looked a bit 'middle of the road' kinda thing. Well, we'll see how well it's produced. The route is not as crucial as the quality of the reproduction, from my point of view.
    I did take a look at the TS version a little while ago. Only screenshots and stuff, but the two games aren't that comparable so can only take so much from it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I would be interested if they follow up with a BR 218 DLC, not otherwise. After all, one of the more interesting aspects of the Lubeck region was that it remained un-electrified and diesel-only until 2008, and DB's remaining stable of V 160-family locos have a depot there.

I must say, a developing problem with DTG's German routes is a boring sameness to the rolling stock.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

What I find strange is that the abbreviation for Hamburg-Lübeck is HBK. I would have suggested HHL for this line.
    (Context: In Germany, cities are often abbreviated by their number plate code. Hamburg is HH and Lübeck is HL. The first H can be found in many north german cities, it indicates a Hanseatic city. So HH + HL = HHL)

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
  9. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I'm definitely looking forward to this route. This might be my next purchase after Arosa.

• Like Like x 2
  10. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Well TSG once more or less 'confirmed' that they want to develop the 218, once the current projects (Vossloh G6, 420, 232) are released (which will take much time for sure - in my understanding TSG are 2 people). So if want to wait to buy the route with the 218, this will take much time. Probably until 2022, i guess.

• Like Like x 2
  11. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

To have a new Taurus (the RT one is dreadful right now) and a new (faster) BR143 which hopefully will sub in all other german routes

12. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

Maybe we will even get new Dostos. But mainly it is the first North German route between two very beautiful cities.

• Like Like x 2
  13. solicitr

Which to me is a negative: two rehashes of existing locos, with rehashed Gen 4 Dostos, and nothing really new.

• Like Like x 2
  14. solicitr

München is a beautiful city too. Do we ever see any of it? Heck, they couldn't even be bothered to add the skyline landmarks to the east of the Bahnhof.

15. helderbrincolas

helderbrincolas Well-Known Member

I hope that this route comes well optimized and let's see if with the new technique of regen scenery they don't ruin the German routes. Looking forward to the route and the trains. Curious to see if it will have layers, and if so what layers.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

Most probably BR 146, BR 185, BR 143, BR 155 and hopefully BR 363 for shunting. Maybe the BR 101 will get a layer too.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. solicitr

But no S-bahn, because none of the H'burg S trains exist in TSW.

18. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

They wouldn't even be able to run on this line, because Hamburg S-Bahn trains (as well as Berlin S-Bahn trains) run on DC third rail whilst this line is only electrified with AC overhead wires.

19. helderbrincolas

I would like to see the Talent 2, BR 425 and ICE 3, but i don't know if they run on the route.

20. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

Sadly non of these trains can be found in the area around Hamburg.
    BR 425 are used on many other S-Bahn services around the country.
    BR 442 are most common in east Germany, Hessen and Nordrhein-Westphalen.
    The ICE 3 is used on the high-speed lines Frankfurt-Köln and VDE 8.

• Like Like x 1
  21. solicitr

They don't. No 425 because the Hamburg S-Bahn uses unique trains (474 and 490) that nobody else does, the RBs and REs are loco-hauled, not EMUs, and the only ICE on the line (ICE 25) is handled by ICE 1s and 2s (and just now, ICE 4s), not 3s.

22. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

Don’t forget Baden Württemberg, where Abellio is working :)

• Like Like x 1
  23. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Sounds like the perfect route for me

• Like Like x 3
  24. seblay1608

seblay1608 Well-Known Member

In Main-Spessart Bahn, the regional trains ended in their last station and drove back instead of driving to a portal. It isn't realistic, but it was fun. On Hamburg-Lübeck, all regional trains operates only on this route and don't drive to a portal. That are the RE8 Hamburg-Lübeck every 60 Minutes (on the weekend this train drives to Lübeck-Travemünde Strand), the RE80 Hamburg-Lübeck (Mo-Fr) with an additional stop at Ahrensburg, the RB81 Hamburg-Ahrensburg every 30 minutes, to Bad Oldesloe every 60 Minutes. In rush hour, every 30 Minutes is a train to Bargteheide and their are 2 additional RB81 to Ahrensburg (4* RB81 + RE80 & RE8). And all of this trains (except the RE8 in the weekend) stay on this route, they don't drive into a portal (in reality). Their are also some freight trains to Lübeck and 4 IC/ICE trains per day and direction (probably not in TSW2). That's the reason I really looking forward for this route. All regional trains had driven with a BR 112.1 and 5 (RB81) or 7 (RE8, RE80) Dosto07. Now, some trains also drive with the BR 146.3 (more modern 146.2, maybe we get this train by substitution.

• Like Like x 6
  25. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

Just a plain uninteresting route with 2 reused locos to me. I don't see any reason to buy or support routes like this.

26. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

I get that the overall look of this route seems unappealing for many players, but I am looking forward to it. It is a decent length for me and while it is true that there is a mostly straight route (though nowhere near comparable to HMA or SKA) from videos and pictures it has potential to look beautiful and different from other german routes. I like my passenger services and there are a good number of stops to call at. Hamburg and Lübeck have impressive main station halls which will look amazing if well made. It has potential for good layers, so knock on wood that we get some of those.
    BR 112 as a new addition is nice, people compare it to the 143 too much in my opinion. In a family tree they are close but visually and technically they are different enough for me to be satisfied with it.
    MRCE 182 is a bit of a waste, though I can appreciate it getting LZB and thus have more use than the olde rone we have. Also newer players can get their hands on a 182 this way without getting RT as well. I want to use it with dostos though, which with the original 182 I can only on RT which makes me a bit sad. Like at least give me the option for scenario planner.
    Speaking of Dostos, I hope they at least do another variation of them so that we don't get a carbon copy of the ones we have already.

It is not a 100% insta buy for me, I need to see what they did with that route and the locos, but I am absolutely not turned off by it.
    Biggest mistake though in my opinion was not making a 218 instead of the 112, even if the 218 is getting sorted out of Hamburg. It is the first loco that comes to my mind when thinking of Hamburg and would have been a completely new rendition for TSW2.
    Sure, TSG want to make one, but seeing that they plan to get 2 out of their 3 announced locos out this year, this will take a good while until we will be able to take that for a spin.

• Like Like x 9
  27. seblay1608

In my opinion the 112 makes more sense, because nearly every train (RE8, RE80, RB81) drives with this loco. The Dostos should be new one (except the DBpbzfa 766 cab car). We have the DBpza 780 and DABpza 785, that are Dosto07 with low entries. For Hamburg-Lübeck we need some with high entries, that would be the DBpza 781 and the DABpza 786. I really hope DTG made them.

• Like Like x 2
  28. kuchen0125

kuchen0125 Active Member

What many do not know: The MRCE 182 has MFD displays and the Rapid Transit DB 182 has analog displays. The Taurus in Austria also have MFD displays.

It is like BR406 ICE3M and BR403 ICE3 in tsw.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
  29. RobSkip

RobSkip Well-Known Member

Not all MRCE 182s have the MFD.

• Like Like x 1
  30. kuchen0125

kuchen0125 Active Member

31. helderbrincolas

Good to see that the services on this route drive the section Hamburg-Lubeck and don't continue to somewhere else, so this mean that we can drive the train back and forth without leaving it. I like the routes that are complete because they take advantage of the timetable mode. I hate it when the trains go to a portal...

• Like Like x 2
  32. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

I just hope there are layers for consoles. Otherwise, they will definitely not be interested in this DLC.

• Like Like x 3
  33. seblay1608

Which layers should be on Hamburg-Lübeck, except maybe more freight? There are mostly no other trains on this route. There only is a ICE-T (1* per day), a ICE 2 (1* per day), the Intercity with the BR 218 (2* per day, maybe the loco switches from a 101 in Lübeck instead Hamburg, i'm not sure) and the RE85 at the weekend (2* per direction with the BR 218).

• Like Like x 3
  34. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

HBK: Ready to Ride
    Complete all training modules on Hauptstrecke Hamburg - Lübeck
    HBK: Experienced Driver
    Complete all scenarios on Hauptstrecke Hamburg - Lübeck
    HBK: Customer Care
    Complete all route tasks on Hauptstrecke Hamburg - Lübeck
    HBK: First of Many
    Complete 1 service on Hauptstrecke Hamburg - Lübeck
    HBK: From City to Coast
    Complete 50 services on Hauptstrecke Hamburg - Lübeck
    HBK: Back to Hamburg
    Complete Hauptstrecke Hamburg - Lübeck scenario 'Bargteheide Return'
    HBK: Northernly Freeze
    Complete Hauptstrecke Hamburg - Lübeck scenario 'Ice Night'
    HBK: Mastering the Line
    Reach Route Level 20 on Hauptstrecke Hamburg - Lübeck
    BR 112: Adding Up
    Operate the DB BR 112 for 112 kilometres
    BR 112: Set and Achieved
    Reach a speed of 100km/h in the DB BR 112

• Like Like x 1
  35. Swisstrains

well, the one “Ice night” sounds very interesting! As we have seen so far, the ICE scenarios had the name ICE in it; maybe they put in a few ICE services, although it might be unrealistic?

• Like Like x 4
  36. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

I am excited for another German route. Hope it comes with atleast couple new locos.

37. helderbrincolas

I think the "ICE" reference is not to "ICE train" it self, but it means maybe a run on the night with ice. I say this because the base route is the 112 and 182, and DTG never implemented a scenario for a train that isn't in the route base pack.

• Like Like x 2
  38. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

Not only is there no ICE included with this DLC and no layered content has ever gotten scenarios, but the correct rolling stock isn't even implemented in the game. At the moment we only have the ICE 3 (modernised) and the ICE 3M in the game, which both do not run on this line.

• Like Like x 2
  39. Swisstrains

I know, but: What is not at the moment, can come in the future ;D

40. nielsmallant100

nielsmallant100 Well-Known Member

I swear if we gonna get those stupid recycled to hell dostos we already have imma be mad. I would love to see those oldschool ones, I believe they are used more frequently in the north anyway

• Like Like x 1
  41. helderbrincolas

Based on what DTG does they probably will reuse the same dostos, they reuse the most things that they can reuse. I will be surprised if they add new Dostos

• Like Like x 1
  42. seblay1608

I will be surprised if they use the MSB Dostos. But the fact they made the redesign instead of the normal 403 make it likely that they build the DBpza 781 and the DABpza 786, but we will see soon.

43. ILied

ILied Active Member

I would imagine we’re getting this fairly soon, as after Arosa Line it’s Clinchfield then Hamburg-Lübeck according to the Roadmap.

I don’t know though in general how far in advance DTG generally add Steam achievements into the db

• Like Like x 1
  44. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

It’s been anywhere between 20 & 40ish days with past releases.

• Like Like x 4
  45. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I’m looking forward to a preview & in depth look at the gameplay of this route, Generally speaking I do enjoy the German stuff just because of the layers, although I do tire out of the straight shot routes, RRO & MSB I found to be quite fun.

The 112 puts me off a little, I didn’t particularly enjoy the 143, hopefully the 112 will have more functionality and better sounds.

I also hope the 182 has more realistic sounds and comes with the updated cab.

• Like Like x 3
  46. ILied

ILied Active Member

Thanks! Has Clinchfield been added? So it’s not too far away then!

47. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Clinchfield was mentioned in the last roadmap stream I think, it should be under ‘next release’ on the next roadmap, meaning it will release within 2 weeks after its published.

• Like Like x 2
  48. ILied

ILied Active Member

I haven’t followed the addition of achievements to Steam! I was wondering about Steam achievements, as the roadmap says Clinchfield is first before Hamburg-Lübeck.

49. solicitr

Now, that I would pay to have.

• Like Like x 2
  50. solicitr

There are (a few) ICE services, but they don't use the BR 403 or 406.

• Helpful Helpful x 1