PC Diesel Legends - All Change Scenario

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by thundergaming11, Mar 11, 2021.

1. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

Unable to complete this scenario. I get as far as the last stop at Reading platform 15 arriving at 2201, where the objective is to "Unload Passengers". When I stop the circle to load/unload passenger appears full and when I unlock the doors nothing happens, no passengers are leaving the train (although its literally 1 or 2 if them). There's no time shown to depart or arrive and the objective of unloading passengers on the objective list (press T) remains white and unchecked.

I've tried this via journey mode and selecting via scenario selection. I've tried restarting the game, completing it without and with saving/reloading last objective. I've also tried waiting 10 minutes with the doors unlocked and unlocking the other side doors. The signals and junctions ahead are set and ready to complete the next objective "stop at location reading depot". I've tried leaving and stopping at the next objective (which no stop markers appear for except looking via the map).

*TEMPORARY WORKAROUND*
    At each stop only open 1 door. But before you do save your game just before unlocking the doors at each stop. You don't have to overshoot or stop in a silly place so you don't have to suffer losing AP. Keep an eye out for the passengers, if one approaches your door or even the closed doors of the same carriage close them and wait and reopen if they walk past. If they end up boarding, quit and reload the save game and the station should be empty. If the passengers are spawning at the front of the train open the last door of the rear carriage and vise versa. By doing this at each stop you'll stop at Reading and then it'll tell you to go to Reading depot and you can complete the scenario. Remember to save at each stop before unlocking the doors and check carefully you have 0 passengers on your train through the entire scenario.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 14
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. neal08ni

neal08ni New Member

I'm having the same issue here. I had unlocked my doors both sides and tried unlocking the doors in all 4 cabs across the train. I still haven't got any kind of luck. I did this scenario in journey mode as well.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

I have exactly the same problem

• Like Like x 3
  4. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member

Same problem.

• Like Like x 1
  5. mattw#8380

mattw#8380 New Member

+1 with the same problem here too. I've tried it in both Journey and Scenario selection with the same result.

6. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...me too. Can't finish the scenario because of the door problem in Reading.

7. Ensor42

Ensor42 Well-Known Member

I never even got the Unlock Doors objective at all at Reading. I pulled up and straight onto Stop at Location Reading depot. At least it finished the scenario. Don't think there was a single passenger on the train anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  8. mattw#8380

mattw#8380 New Member

I think it has something to do with the passengers and a coding error with them. I was faffing with it today. It was an empty train all the way until Maidenhead. Once 2 people joined, they wouldn't get off at Reading, and the map showed an action marker above the coaches the people were in. I then tried to do a run by stopping (at silly places in the platform) and not picking people up, and made as far as Twyford where one joined and then wouldn't get off at Reading. I tried again and left the rear 3 coaches in Twyford. At Reading, marker was over the passenger carriage in Twyford. Got annoyed then - will try again tomorrow for a run and try to not get any passengers. *shrug*

• Like Like x 1
  9. thundergaming11

interesting! Looks like I'm going to have to overshoot some platforms later. A shame we can't get an option to just kick passengers off ;)

• Like Like x 2
  10. mattw#8380

mattw#8380 New Member

Let us know how you get on. I tried that earlier too at Maidenhead. I figured, stop with rear door in platform enough to count the stop, open door, close it, then move up the line quicky (before passengers came for the train) and stop again to finish the boarding wheel getting round, and off to Twyford. I was watching the rear carriage with camera3, and still some bloke magically appeared in a seat. I am sure it's random and with enough goes, 1 might work out. Or of course DTG could fix it. LOL.

11. neal08ni

neal08ni New Member

I don't know why DTG would put a unload passenger task instead of a unlock doors task like at every other station in this scenario. This does result of 100% of passengers must get off at Reading in order to continue. My action points as been going up by 41+ AP each as a passenger gets off the train. I had two cars with passengers still in the train on my last failed run. Another thing is that Reading doesn't have a scheduled arrival time either.

Maybe I will have to experiment with something. I had already plugged in my Xbox One Controller for the doors and that didn't do the trick. I will keep on trying and see if I can beat this scenario while this can be fixed by DTG.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  12. jaf_duman

jaf_duman Member

Just for DTG information - the same issue on the XBOX with this scenario.

13. thundergaming11

I've found a workaround. In short you'll have to run this entire scenario with no passengers. If you're slightly impatient like me and just want to complete it and get the "Clocking Out" achievement :D , here's how to do it:

At each stop only open 1 door. But before you do save your game just before unlocking the doors at each stop. You don't have to overshoot or stop in a silly place so you don't have to suffer losing AP. Keep an eye out for the passengers, if one approaches your door or even the closed doors of the same carriage close them and wait and reopen if they walk past. If they end up boarding, quit and reload the save game and the station should be empty. If the passengers are spawning at the front of the train open the last door of the rear carriage and vise versa. By doing this at each stop you'll stop at Reading and then it'll tell you to go to Reading depot and you can complete the scenario. Remember to save at each stop before unlocking the doors and check carefully you have 0 passengers on your train through the entire scenario.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. Rob Jansen

Rob Jansen Well-Known Member

I am wondering how Q&A never picked this up during testing. You should think at least the scenario's are tested as well as a few timetable services.
    DTG did admit they have trouble 'unloading' the passengers on different routes, that is why they either start with passengers in the depot or moving to the depot. But then requiring to 'empty' the stock while that is bugged throughout the game it is not handy.

thundergaming11 thanks for the workaround :)

• Like Like x 3
  15. flamingoodmedia

flamingoodmedia Member

Same here on PC, hopefully this will get picked up and fixed being a scenario & all ... I did wonder at the time if I was doing anything wrong ...

It’s one of those game over bugs DTG want so much to avoid, right at the end of a scenario & blocking an achievement ...

I love the pack, with the mods it’s great, I’m sure they’ll release some patches soon including those strange 00:00 loco moves that spawn you into the wilderness ...

Also noticed the 101 in this pack can’t get over 65mph out of its 70mph top speed due to the revs / counter maxing out before full speed is attained, again it makes it impossible to keep time on longer 101 runs ...

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  16. flamingoodmedia

flamingoodmedia Member

... also no headcodes visible on AI or player Westerns or destinations on AI 101’s in scenario mode noted ...

17. Kim1087

Kim1087 Well-Known Member

Thanks thundergaming11 for Temporary Workaround, I've managed to complete the scenario :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. heardturkey

heardturkey Active Member

The Class 52s had maximum speed of 90 MPH. I think the limit is painted on the inside of the cab above the driver.

The timetable has been calculated at a 100 MPH running speed I think. From a 1973 Western Region public timetable that I have, the actual running time from Paddington to Reading, non stop, is 33 minutes. Try running a service at 85 - 90 MPH and that is how long the run will take.

19. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The maximum speed of both the Class 52 and Class 45 is 90 mph. I can’t remember the max speed of the Class 47 in game but it will either be 75 or 95 mph. None of them should be driven at 100 mph.

20. Kim1087

The max speed for a class 47 is 95mph

• Like Like x 1
  21. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

The only way this could be missed is if the scenario simply was never played during testing. The 31 services are the same, the errors so apparent that it would take one service to identify the issues...

• Like Like x 2
  22. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

I missed one single blinking passenger on the train...would they get off, I sat on them, beside them, I opened every single blinking door, nope..

I will listen to the peeps on this board next time!

D

• Like Like x 1
  23. Kim1087

I believe that the goal of the scenario is to complete it without picking up any passengers.

Perhaps we should call it the no passenger challenge? LOL

24. mattw#8380

mattw#8380 New Member

That's awesome. Thanks for finding that. i can't believe i didn't think to only open one door. LOL, but it's great, it does work, and achievement unlocked - first go. Cheers for your time researching the challenge :)

• Like Like x 1
  25. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Same for me on PC the scenario fails at Reading the unloading of passengers does not complete.

26. raretrack

raretrack Well-Known Member

On the outside, this is painted in the data table under the cab window.