Roadmap Category "on Hold"

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Jo_Kim, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

Track IR support has been removed from the roadmap today. As Sam mentioned in the stream this is not due to the cancelation of the project but because there is no work done in this field at the moment. The problem with this is that people see Track IR being removed as "This not coming to the game".
    Therefore I suggest adding the category "On Hold" to the bottom of the roadmap which will be used for things on the roadmap that were in "In Production" but have been paused at the moment. With this, we don't have to expect features in there to be released in the near future, but know that they still exist.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 10
  2. Trainman525

Trainman525 Well-Known Member

Only issue I could foresee is that lots of items would make it on there including preservation crew focus for all routes. But it is a nice idea but only for core features I would say.

3. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

Therefore only items that already were "In Production" should go in this new category. The Preserved Crew focus for all upcoming routes would be "In Planning", even though not mentioned, on the roadmap. Only if they already were working on a route but had to focus somewhere else would this then move to "On Hold".

• Like Like x 1
  4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I made my own post on a similar topic, the dev crew focus should be a separate item with now and next, and "on hold" for items which require further development elsewhere but may be revisited in future