Questions About Driving German Steam Locomotives Br86 - Br52

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by QO1922, Mar 14, 2021.

1. QO1922

QO1922 Member

Hello,

I have a lot of questions about driving German steam locomotives after reading their manuals.
    There are some controls in DB BR 86 that I don't know how they work and their functionality:

- Small compressor (J)
    - Pneumatic Blowdown valve (Pneumatisches Abblasventil)
    - Injector Steam supply (Dampfstrahlspeisepumpe)
    - Steam heat control (Dampfheizungssteuerung)
    - Turbo generator (Lichtmaschine)
    - Right safety valve easing lever (Rechtes Sicherheitsventil Lösehebel)
    - Air compressor isolating valve (Luftkompresser Abschaltventil)

Could someone explain to me what these controls are for?

In order to feed the boiler in the DB BR 86, what is the correct procedure? According to my little knowledge about steam locomotives it would be like this: 1st open lifting injector water feed (K), 2nd feed water pump control (O) and 3rd open lifting injector Steam valve (I).
    Is it right?

The DB BR52 (original Kuju) I think the process of feeding the boiler is quite different . We have 2 injectors, 1 live injector (steam from boiler) and other exhaust injector (steam from cylinders).
    1st open live injector water (Speisen) (L) and 2nd open live injector steam (Strahlpumpe) (O). Is it right?

I would appreciate someone with a lot of knowledge of German steam to help me, because I have a lot of doubts and I want to learn it a lot.

Thank you very much,

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The manual is rubbish but this might help

3. QO1922

QO1922 Member

Thank you for the video, but I always try to drive without the F4 HUD and only with the F5 information (top left)
    I would like to drive in the most real conditions possible and get to know all the instruments that the locomotives have, and it’s a shame that we pay for a DLC that we don’t know how it works because it doesn’t explain anything in the manual.
    I have the basis to drive steam locomotives but I would like to delve deeper and know everything.

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I don't know if they do anything in the game but some are obvious

- Small compressor (J) - just that
    - Steam heat control (Dampfheizungssteuerung) - provides Steam to Heat the train
    - Turbo generator (Lichtmaschine) - Powers the lights on the locomotive
    - Pneumatic Blowdown valve (Pneumatisches Abblasventil) - what it says - I don't know if it would be used when driving