Dovetail Live Terms And Conditions For The Screenshot Contest

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by B3N, Mar 12, 2021.

1. B3N

B3N Active Member

In the terms and conditions for the screenshot contest, It says that:
    2.1 In order to make a valid entry into a Competition, you must:

2.1.1 be a resident of the United Kingdom or Germany and where participation in Competitions of that nature on these terms and conditions is lawful;

Does that mean that users that live in any other part of the world is completely wasting their time. I hope a member of staff replies to this or the screenshot contest thread as myself and other forum members have put this question up before, with no answer. Thanks

2. jeremydunn8

jeremydunn8 Well-Known Member

I’ve also asked this question before with no official answer. There’sa chance, though, that is saying you can enter anywhere that this kind of competition is legal, but that second phrase makes no sense and I might be reading it wrong.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
  3. james#6343

james#6343 Member

Hi, I actually reached out to Natalie and she gave me the response in the image I’ve attached. Hope this helps :)

Attached Files:

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. james#6343

james#6343 Member

TLDR: the T&S don’t apply to the screenshot contests

5. B3N

B3N Active Member

Thanks, Im sure this will help the confusion of some people

6. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

From the first post of each week's contest:
    But it seems this was an oversight, since Natalie has finally come out and said that the nationality rule doesn't apply to screenshots.

7. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I must say, though, it's a bit disappointing that a user had to go buttonhole Natalie directly to get a straight answer, considering that the question has been asked repeatedly for the last two weeks on a thread that supposedly staff read daily. Reminds me of the promise by Sam - yet to be realized - that when a bug report is posted under Technical Reports either Sam, Nat or Jamie when they read it will hit the "helpful" button just as a signpost that "Yes, Dovetail have read this and acknowledge that there is a complaint"- which TTBOMK is not happening.

• Like Like x 1
  8. james#6343

james#6343 Member

Keep in mind that for situations such as this, the staff must respond to any DM that is regarding legal issues and contradictions as if no response is given, it could have negative legal consequences for DTG. :)