Where Is Ecw Pis?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Trenomarcus, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

Considering that the work has been done since what, 3 months ago? what prevented this to be released?

A bit more detail on what happened could be nice.

• Like Like x 4
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

The release schedule, which according to Adam and Sam is a separate team

3. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

I believe it should be the next update with the LIRR fixes.

4. Trenomarcus

Exactly, what are the problem of that team? Seems to be preventing much stuff to happen.

One of the reasons given in the past was that they wait for other DLCs or update from the same region to be released, but as far as I saw, there have been like 2/3 updates recently for British content and still no ECW PIS?

• Like Like x 1
  5. ARuscoe

I believe they're restricted in the number or size of downloads they can trigger, but I don't know specifically where that restriction lives, whether it's a DTG, PS or MS issue

• Like Like x 1
  6. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

They are waiting for more updates for that route, as for each update, you need to download the whole route completely again. That is also the reason some routes are still missing their flags, as it would be silly to have a 3 GB download to add a flag of some KB. So they wait until they have some updates for one route, so you only need to download it once.

7. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

I believe so too, number of download slots, file size and finding the appropriate time. They can't fling out patches/updates every week across all platforms and there's no point releasing a patch/update for 1 route when there's other improvements/add ons being worked and closed to finish - it would be better to bundle them appropriately. I'm just guessing but it would either be with the LIRR PIS update or possibly waiting till the 313 is released (which I really hope is soon).

8. Trenomarcus

While all the arguments about file size make sense generally, in this particular case as I said there have been many updates related to British stuff and ECW too. Also, this is a primary update/feature for the route, I think **no one** would ever complain to download any GB of data to get the PIS on ECW.

• Like Like x 4
  9. space_ace96

space_ace96 Active Member

I for one would rather have my updates be bundled with as many changes as possible and avoid constant updates. My computer slows down significantly under double digit gigabyte updates whenever TSW2 needs an update (while my computer is forced to store the routes twice until the update completes). I would not want to have to go through this every time the team wants to add a 3 KB flag or a single patch, with constant large updates just for that. I'm patient enough to wait until they have enough to be worth an update.

10. ARuscoe

The various store websites might do so, and I don't really care for PIS either way tbh but I know others feel that they want everything just so