Xbox Class 52 Great Western Legends Issues

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Bryer, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

So had a little play around with the Class 52 in timetable mode.... I've found the following possible issues:
    1. Trains are STILL registering back to front. So the rear of your train is the locomotive and the front is a brake van. So you have to open the doors back to front.
    2. No end of train displayed because the trains is confused.
    3. Camera's are all confused because the train is confused.
    4. DSD sound randomly stops working if you view from external camera and go back internal. (Not every time)
    5. DSD randomly cannot be cancelled with the B button on Xbox controller, you need to hit Q on the keyboard or look down at the pedal.
    6. AWS isolation switches cannot be reached from the seating position, so they cannot be activated or deactivated (from what I've tried you can only enable/disabled by CTRL-Enter on a keyboard)
    7. Switches for headlights, instrument lights etc aren't easily accessible on the panel.
    8. Brakes appear to be vacuum brakes, yet coaches and switches are in air passenger mode. (This could be me misunderstanding the instrument dials).

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

I have experienced these issues aswell

3. david-bright184169

david-bright184169 Active Member

Another issue I've found is
    In timetable mode the 1st 5 runs "Return to Old Oak Common"
    You spawn on foot at various stations in the route and no train to operate
    And ALL the above for the class 52

4. Ensor42

Ensor42 Well-Known Member

Workarounds I've found for a couple of these:

Activating the AWS in immersive controls - If you stand up, then crouch with left thumbstick, you should be able to move "over" the seat, and be able to highlight both levers.

B failing to acknowledge DSD alarms - Whenever you sit in the driver's seat, look down at the DSD pedal, highlight the back area (through the desk!), and press A so that it no longer reads as "pressed". B should work from then on, unless you stand up again at any point, in whiich case repeat the above.

5. hoagy

hoagy Member

Get these issues too. The workaround to operate the AWS levers is ok, but opening the wrong doors is a right pain.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Yes not being able to setup aws was a result of immersion controls, experienced in tsw2 WSR. As the above post states, crouching next to the drivers seat lets the player get it activated. Again though, whilst people can get around this, it appears that apart from nameplates, literally nothing else has been done to iron out any issues for a re released version. To those that would say, just a gameplay pack. Ok, so under which category does the train spawning backwards fall?

7. jaf_duman

jaf_duman Member

I have experienced issues in points: 1, 2, 3, 6 and 7.

8. christophmkfranke

christophmkfranke Member

Hey there, I had most of these issues with the Class 52 too.
    Did anyone of you notice that all of the Mk2 TSO coaches have the same coach number? All of them are W12345.
    On Mk1 BG and Mk2 FO they vary, but the TSO are all with that number.
    Anyone got the same issue?
    Thanks & cheers

9. flamingoodmedia

flamingoodmedia Member

With the 52 DSD, I'm wondering if 70's BR Blue 52's even had a modern beeping DSD ??? I think that & the rather obvious "TPWS fuse underneath" or similar written on one of the panels on the drivers desk are throwbacks to the use of the West Somerset maroon 52 that's mainline capable and thus has TPWS and DSD ... In which case keep the DSD off in the 70's ;)

Although we were assured this was an all new 52 ... The cab / textures it would seem come from the existing 'modern' 52 ...

10. hoagy

hoagy Member

I think there are inevitable anachronisms running 70s loco/stock/timetable on 2010s infrastructure. Personally, I don't mind if the 52 has TPWS, I treat it as a mainline-certified loco running in 2007 (or whenever the route was snapshotted).

I realise others are more picky, but I think this is a combo you _can't_ really be picky about, some things are just going to always been plain wrong cos if the mix of eras.

11. SimulatorDaz

SimulatorDaz Well-Known Member

Has anyone been having issues with the Class 52 head code lamp not switching on? No joy so far. This works fine on the Class 52 on WSR. I'm also having the same with the Old Oak Common services. I spawn on foot.

12. hoagy

hoagy Member

Yeah, I think everyone is. I can't even find the switch for it (though I assumed the H key would do it)

13. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

I'm sure the headcode lamp switch is on the same bank of switches as the gauge lights, headlights etc (RHS beneath the desk next to the seat).

• Like Like x 1
  14. SimulatorDaz

Yeah its to the lower left of the driver. The switch I think is called Train Classification? Nothing happens after switching it on.

• Like Like x 1
  15. hoagy

hoagy Member

Thanks both

16. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

I did notice in the live release stream that there seemed to be an issue with the lights when Sam was driving it.
    He'd turned all the switches on and after a while, they all stopped working. He had to turn them all off and back on again.

17. SimulatorDaz

I've just been told on another forum that the head code lamp with only function if the scenario has a head code. Such as 1C03. If there's no code then the panels remain blank.

• Like Like x 1
  18. hoagy

hoagy Member

Yay, it's now working for me, on a timetable service that has a head code. I had been expecting the headlight switch to do it, I hadn't noticed the separate classification switch. Thanks again.

• Like Like x 1