North London Line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ZeenozPlays, Mar 15, 2021.

1. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Today, I am suggesting the North London Line of the London Overground for Train Sim World 2.

Most of the information can be found in this video:

This route would include both the North London Line, and the West London Lines. The North London Line would run between Richmond and Stratford, while the West London Line would run between Clapham Junction and Willesden Junction. 2 TPH on the West London Line continue to Stratford from Willesden Junction.

Southern Services would be seen running between Clapham Junction and Sheppard's Bush. They can be layered on from the East Coastway DLC.

--

The London Overground uses the Class 378 Rolling Stock.
    [​IMG]

Tell me what you think about this suggestion.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 29
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  2. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I would love to see this line and personally I think this line should be the first london overground line in tsw since it was in ts2021 and dtg already have some refrence for the route

• Like Like x 2
  3. ZeenozPlays

It would really be a great route to have in TSW 2. I think these Overground Lines would be a nice, calm route if it was made for TSW.

• Like Like x 1
  4. lmcpfc2014

lmcpfc2014 Well-Known Member

I think the Gospel Oak to Barking Line and Gospel Oak to Stratford Line may be more likely as the Barking line is already in TS so they know the route better. Gospel Oak to Barking would be a 40 minute journey with 12 Stations, Gospel Oak to Stratford would be 30 minutes with 10 stations.

• Like Like x 1
  5. tallboy7648

The North London Line is also in ts as well and was released before the goblin line

• Like Like x 2
  6. tallboy7648

I hope if it does come, it has in train passenger announcements

7. ZeenozPlays

The 378's have Automated Announcements? I've only ever heard them on the 710's. I wouldn't be too upset, as I don't normally hear Overground Announcements in videos. I'd be more upset if they made another Underground Line without announcements though.

• Like Like x 1
  8. tallboy7648

Yes the 378s do have automated announcements. They always have and they sound nice

9. ZeenozPlays

Interesting. Well then, I'd like to hear them if this route is added to the game. I wonder how the operator sets the announcements.

• Like Like x 1
  10. tallboy7648

Probably has to type a code or something

11. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea and you can think of this as the London equivalent to Metro-North New Haven line because the northern section uses 25kv 50hz Southern segment uses 750v DC Third rail Top Contact with out top covers like LIRR. The in-game urban equivalent to Southeastern high speed class 395. Although you keep the use of MPH Train speed limits unlike Southeastern High Speed class 395 third rail miles per hour but overhead wires kmh. Also Southern Rail Class 377s operate here to Milton Keynes WCML South Segment from Clapham Junction.

• Like Like x 3
  12. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  13. rhyttik

rhyttik Active Member

Ye could be cool but they can actully intergrate it with the bakerloo line

14. supersimfan#2303

supersimfan#2303 Well-Known Member

Id prefer the East london line to the North one but any Tfl Overground line would make my day especially if automated passenger announcements are included but i think DTG have said previously said that you need copyright for everything to do with Passenger announcements or more specifically you need permission to record someones voice which i think is stupid but this route even without PA would still sell well and id definitely be buying it:)

• Like Like x 2
  15. tallboy7648

Wouldn't the railway companies like the MTA have in train passenger announcements pre recorded so why would dtg have to rerecord in train passenger announcements when the railway would surely have the announcements on file and just plop them onto a train. It should be as simple as getting the licensing for the audio announcement file, put a system in place for in train announcements and bam you have in train passenger announcements.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ZeenozPlays

I know this for a fact, with the MTA. Specifically, the R142/A Series has old windows 98 Computers (they are being upgraded) that store the announcements. Ideally, they would be able to get the original file from there, copy it and put it in the game. Either that, or actually stand on the train in the yard and record the announcements as the Conductor Plays them. I'd expect this to be the same for most trains.

• Like Like x 1
  17. seandouglas

seandouglas Active Member

Yes! Would love to see the North and West London Lines in tsw! It's a super busy railway with Overground services, Southern and lots of freight and railtours running through the line.

I believe that Southern use a 377/7 variant which is different to the one on East coast way with the /7 variant being 5 cars long and capable of dual voltage. That said, using the current variant would be a good enough placeholder for players or AI to make the route feel less stale.

Loving the suggestion videos! Keep them coming!

• Like Like x 1
  18. tallboy7648

Yeh there should be no need to get the person who did the announcements to come and redo them. The railway would have that on file but they would just need to get permission from the railway if the railway licenses the announcements

• Like Like x 1
  19. djhawtin1

djhawtin1 Well-Known Member

i'd love it, but won't DTG just make it a 377 without the end gangway, Pocket Doors, Full-width Carriage ends, and sideways seating?
    If DTG do bring the Overground, i want the capability to open the Emergency Front Cab Hatch and to apply the brakes and have [Not realistic] option to close it automatically resets the breaker so the brakes turn [Simply] off

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
  20. ZeenozPlays

I didn't know that southern used a different subclass on this route. As you've said though, just including the Class 377/4 should be enough.

Also, glad to know you enjoy the suggestion videos. Thanks for watching them.

• Like Like x 1
  21. ZeenozPlays

There are major differences between the 375/377 and the 378. I'd expect DTG to make the full changes to these cars. The differences include the removal of the end Gangways, Longitudinal seating, Pocket Doors, and a lower top speed. The cab also looks a bit different between the two.

• Like Like x 1
  22. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Copyright law applies, and in this case the text of the announcement may well belong to the operator, the names of the stations may well be IPed to the government and the specific recording of the announcement would have IP for both the TOC and the person who did the announcement in the first place

So no, not as simple as "getting a recording it and plopping it in game"
    If it was that simple DTG would have done it already.
    What DTG would need to do is get an agreement with TfL to license their announcements and then maybe also gain permission of the announcer to use those recordings (unless TfL hold that license too which is thoroughly possible)
    Given TfL is a government body and DTG have a license with them already in Bakerloo they may well be able to achieve this, but there are other announcement settings which wouldn't need all this rigmarole, ie NTP and Tees Valley, because those areas back then may well not have HAD specific recorded announcements (and certainly the speakers were terrible anyway) so those could be a simple record of an aroundabout announcement they could slot in

Doesn't mean they will of course

23. tallboy7648

Hence why I said in the sentence you partly quoted that they would need to get the LICENSING and also some railway companies are different than others in terms of licensing. The mta for example has announcement files on their trains so there would be no need to rerecord announcements with the original person who did them

• Like Like x 1
  24. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I quoted two parts. With regards to your (full) quote, they may still need license from the voice artist even if they got the recording from the TOC

• Like Like x 1
  25. souleymane#2785

souleymane#2785 Well-Known Member

A
    This is a very good suggestion. I would like this Line. I love the North London Line :)

• Like Like x 1
  26. ZeenozPlays

Same. I also love the Class 378's, and I think, (even though they are technically a type of Electrostar) that they would be a cool train to have in TSW 2.

• Like Like x 1
  27. souleymane#2785

Yes and one person said "it's actually a train simulator 22 route that must appear in train simulator world 2. Next is South London Network" "There are previous posts about this route one of those is by WonterRail" that could be possibly they can do this route later

28. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

That was actually Me

29. souleymane#2785

Yeaaah that's right sorry i've forgot your pseudo lol

30. simontreanor81

simontreanor81 Well-Known Member

I'd love to see this - it's my local route, and one that's fascinated me even before I moved here. As well as the Overground services there's a lot of freight, so it'd be nice to see an 86 or 90 along with the 378.

31. A Rail Fan From Wokingham

A Rail Fan From Wokingham Member

I think you should have included the GOBLIN line, Watford DC Line, Lea Valley Lines & East London Line as part of the suggestion.