Top Routes On Tsw2?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by JumpyHumpySpider, Mar 17, 2021.

1. JumpyHumpySpider

JumpyHumpySpider New Member

i have payday soon and i would like to expand my route collection on TSW2. what are YOUR favourite routes? every route i see i will consider, especially since the deals are on :)

looking forward to seeing your route choices!

2. mrcharliemiggins2.0

mrcharliemiggins2.0 Well-Known Member

I'd say Hauptstreke Munchen Augsburg because there is a lot of different layers available from other German DLC offering a wide variety with all layers.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

For Germany, I like Rhein Ruhr Osten, as well as Hauptstreke Rhein Ruhr and Main Spessart Bahn (note the sounds on the BR146 aren't fantastic, because of how it was ported over from TSW2020 - there is a fix coming soon thankfully).
    In the UK, I'd recommend Tees Valley (although I am biased as I'm from the area), East Coastway and Great Western.
    Can't say much for US trains, as I honestly don't care.

München - Augsburg is good, but I don't play it often, mainly because my laptop can't really handle it.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Cloadmcally

Cloadmcally Active Member

+1 on HMA, My top route however is MSB (Main Spessart Bahn) closely followed by LGV mediterraneé. Both great routes with very different gameplay experiences. MSB is commuter and freight on a heavy gradient, with quite a lot of traffic and averse signals. The shear speed of LGV is quite astonishing, you really feel like travelling a long distance in minutes, and I'm hoping for the extension we got in TS to Lyon

5. shamanspark

shamanspark Member

i like ruhr sieg nord

• Like Like x 4
  6. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

If you play German routes, I think you pretty much need MSB to really help bulk out the timetable, and add variety, even if you don't care for the route itself (IMO it's very nice) - but don't take that as a requirement for these route & "hidden costs" as I've seen people recently call the layers system.

7. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

In my case I would say Munchen Augsburg with all layers for Germany and Tees Valley for UK

• Like Like x 1
  8. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

The atmosphere in the Ruhr Sieg Nord is unique. But the absolute best is undoubtedly the Munchen-Augsburg. HHR and RRO, both excellent but "limited" because they are too short and without ICEs.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

Ruhr-Sieg nord is one of the best german lines. Great scenery and a fun timetable with both freight and passeneger. Both of it's loco dlc are amazing as well and improve the route, especially the db br 363.

Tees valley line is incredibly atmospheric and beautiful and has probably the most varied timetable in the game. And again, it has 2 great loco dlcs that I both recommend.

LGV Mediterranee is defenitely a unique one. The TGV is probably on the of best trains in TSW at the moment, it's very well done and it's very fun to drive over the steep gradients. But the scenery on the route is not that great and there is only 1 service pattern so some find it boring.

Hauptstrecke München-Augsburg is a great passeneger (only) route with diverse services. But it requires you to own both MSB (which is not that great) and RRO to get all the service layers and without them it's not really worth it. It also has performance issues.

• Like Like x 1
  10. hibiki

hibiki Well-Known Member

For me it has to be North Transpennine. Maybe I am biased as I have travelled on the route many times, even behind the Class 47 locos.

For up to date. I am going to say the South East High Speed, as there is plenty to do on there.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

+1 for Hauptstreke Munchen Augsburg. I love driving the high speed ICE. I like german routes in general because they come with mostly modern locos and the PZB/LZB/SIFA adds extra challenge to the game play.

LGV Mediterranee is good keeping up with the high speed motive.

12. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

It really is so much a matter of personal taste. Do you like commuter? High-speed? Freight? Shunting?

13. zawal.belili

zawal.belili Guest

If you like American roads, save your money and take the Clinchfield which is coming up.

Otherwise for me the tee valley and the ruhr are my two favorites if you can take the DLC from the locomotives that go with them.

• Like Like x 1
  14. solicitr

I would say if you want a mix of everything, Main-Spessart Bahn may be the best choice, as well as being a nicely executed route, and the mother lode where it comes to layering into other routes.

• Like Like x 1
  15. JumpyHumpySpider

JumpyHumpySpider New Member

from looking at peoples advice, it seems im definitely bolstering my german routes some more, i have uploaded my cart. i think i've managed to grab peoples advice. (im not too keen on american routes unless theres a couple of decent passenger ones)

Attached Files:

16. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

Nice selection! You are going to be busy - and having fun. I love the variety of services and layers of traffic on the German routes and find myself returning regularly to RSN. If you look at the number of recommended service mode runs in the spreadsheet linked below, RSN leads the list. It’s no accident in my opinion.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/14YgilvnKZFc7TJXyqftRJ0I5yTMlMf81/view?usp=sharing

17. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

My recommendation would be to buy the TSW2020 package which includes Main Spessart Bahn among many others. Then, you can buy the original TSW2020 DLC (which will automatically give you the TSW2 versions as well) and you will also have those MSB layers for the other German routes.

Cheers

• Like Like x 2
  18. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Only decent route from North America is the Peninsula Corridor, though there are still a few issues with it, the LIRR isn't that well loved, the NEC never got ported to TSW2, and the rest (SPG,OSD) are freight routes.

19. solicitr

Seconded. If you buy TSW2020 (on sale right now on Steam for $12), you will get Main-Spessart, LIRR, Northern Trans-Pennine and Great Western Express- that's three bucks a route, which is a bargain in anyone's book, and a LOT of variety.

• Like Like x 1
  20. solicitr

It's also the case, for those who happen to like North American freight, Clinchfield promises to be much better than any existing NA freight add-ons (unless it launches buggy).

21. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Lets not count chickens before they hatch, we've only seen photos, no video and we are not hands on with it yet.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Agent Qracle RUS

Agent Qracle RUS Well-Known Member

My top routes: Southeastern High Speed (because 395 is included), Peninsula Corridor (because right now its best american route) and Hagen-Finnentrop (it still must beatiful germany route in game)

23. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Sehs & Rro

24. lmcpfc2014

lmcpfc2014 Well-Known Member

Hauptstrecke Munich Augsburg, Southeastern High Speed, Rhein Ruhr Osten or Hauptstrecke Rhein Ruhr and the best, if you want to see lots of traffic, but that depends on if you have Main Spessart Bahn for the Dostos

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  25. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

West Somerset is a nice route. Pretty different than the other routes.

Also, Arosa promises to be quite interesting, but I guess we'll have to wait a few more days to see if it can meet up to the expectations. :P

26. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

TVL, RRO and WSR definitely and Sandpatch. But I would keep some money for Arosa and Clinchfield.. I don't know how it is for you, but here in the Netherlands payday is every month .... so new chances coming soon.

27. solicitr

A lot of people say that, and taste is a very personal thing; but to me PC is the most uninteresting route in the game, except LIRR; and the only thing that keeps it from falling into last place is the UP freight element.

28. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I do agree with Agent Qracle RUS that Peninsula Corridor is the best American route at this point though. And the landscape and straight flat tracks can be boring, but I do actually enjoy those Baby Bullet services, which are pretty fast for American standards. :P

29. goupil74

goupil74 Member

For my self :

German best routes
    Ruhr Sieg Nord and/or MSB
    Rhein Ruhr Osten
    Koln Aachen

UK best routes
    SEHS
    East Costway
    IOW

USA don't have a point of vue.

30. solicitr

Different strokes. Myself, Sand Patch is my favorite route

31. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

East coastway, hapstrecke Munich Augsburg and northern trans pennine

32. jdasey

jdasey New Member

Get boston sprinter its awesome

33. mike.obrebski

mike.obrebski Active Member

Is it just me or is the Cab car unpleasant?

34. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Rush Hour with Freight Regional and High-Speed Trains Riesa-Dresden. There is a Rush Hour Bundle for this. Rural Electric third rail Eastcoast way