PlayStation What Should I Buy Next?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by 2-4-1, Mar 17, 2021.

1. 2-4-1

2-4-1 New Member

I'm undecided on my next purchases for TSW2 so am looking for some input from forum members.

I could either get SEHS plus the 465, both of which are currently full price (£36.48) OR I could complete my German routes by getting RRO, as well as LGV & the Chopper loco add on for TVL, all of which are currently in the sale (£38.12) & wait for SEHS & the 465 to be in a future sale.

My main interest is UK routes & I know SEHS well having travelled on it a few times in real life but I've also enjoyed playing the other German routes. LGV I don't know much about.

Also, I would be able to save some money off the above prices by purchasing wallet top ups from Shopto.

Any views, advice, comments, etc. would be greatly appreciated to help me make my decision.

Thanks in advance.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cottonmouth

Cottonmouth Active Member

I just TVL plus the Chopper and what a nice DLC, there's so much going on. With the 2 together I got it at half price. Well worth it

• Like Like x 1
  3. 2-4-1

2-4-1 New Member

Thanks Cottonmouth. I enjoy TVL too. It's a very atmospheric route & you can almost smell the industry going on.

4. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Is there a reason you don’t want to buy SEHS? Sounds like that’s the one you’d enjoy, RRO doesn’t really add much to the German stuff unless you want to drive S-Bahn on SKA.

5. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

i was wondering the same thing? UK railway fan = SEHS I’d have thought?
    Me? I’m about to click buy for the Tees Valley and Trans Pennine Heavy Freight Pack. SEHS is next in line whenever it’s in a cheap enough sale.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

I am lucky enough to have all of those and love playing them all. But if I had to make a choice between those two choices it would be SEHS and the 465 I would get now because living in the UK I like to try to get UK routes on release if possible if not as soon as I can after.

I feel it is one of the best routes because it gives a mixture of high speed, commuter and goods. And with the 465 even better as one of their best locos released.

7. Gav

Gav Active Member

RRO is not overly enjoyable to be honest, its probably my least played route, if you already have Sieg Nord and MSB then I wouldn't bother. its an extreme amount of trees trees trees and more trees

I would go with SEHS if I were you, and plus you said you travelled on it and like the British routes, so I would go with that.

8. 2-4-1

2-4-1 New Member

Thanks for all the advice.

CK95 & shhweeet#4292 - the only reason I'd shied away from SEHS & was also considering the others is purely because the others are in the sale.

I think my mind is made up now though & I'm going to get SEHS & the 465.

• Like Like x 3
  9. applesnax#6064

applesnax#6064 Active Member

If you love tvl (which I do!) Then trans pennine if you don't have it is awesome. The class 101 dmu in it is an older variant that has a gear transmission so you have to shift in correct rpm range. Also it has some older 12T vans for rolling stock which requires you to use vacuum brakes which is neat.
    (Edit:spelling)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 1