PlayStation Which Route Do You Prefer?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by HeuF, Mar 4, 2021.

Tags:
?
  1. Canadian National Oakville Subdivision

0.7%
  2. East Coastway Eastbourne & Seaford

8.5%
  3. Great Western Express

5.0%
  4. Hauptstrecke München-Augsburg

10.6%
  5. Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr

2.1%
  6. Isle Of Wight: Ryde-Shanklin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. LGV Méditerranée: Marseille - Avignon

1.4%
  8. Long Island Rail Road

2.8%
  9. London Underground Bakerloo Line

5.7%
  10. Main-Spessart Bahn

3.5%
  11. Nothern Trans-Pennine

7.8%
  12. Peninsula Corridor

2.8%
  13. Rapid Transit

0.7%
  14. Rhein-Ruhr Osten

0.7%
  15. Ruhr-Sieg Nord

4.3%
  16. Sand Patch Grade

4.3%
  17. Schnellfahrstrecke Köln

3.5%
  18. Southeastern High Speed

28.4%
  19. Tees Valley Line

6.4%
  20. West Somerset Railway

0.7%
  1. HeuF

HeuF Active Member

I like Train Sim World 2 & TWS2020 and I am curious which route you prefer to play.

• Like Like x 4
  2. pjwilson15

pjwilson15 Member

Tees for me. Love the old stuff, the shunting and the setting.

• Like Like x 2
  3. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

There are many routes out there. Almost impossible to pick one to be honest and I like it.
    So no, I do not have a number one favorite. My favorite route is what I'm on at the moment but... I do like German stuff.

• Like Like x 2
  4. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

My favourite content is modern UK, and nothing tops SEHS, you want some highspeed services? Got that, local commuter runs? Got it, Freight? Got it, it feels like an excellent self contained route, and does something of everything, pretty well, rather than a focused experience, the 465 really drives home how good this route is to operate.

Before that I’d have to say NTP, as much fun as modern traction is, BR Blue diesels are just something special, and as a Northerner, NTP brings a really special feeling to the backdrop, and the gameplay you get from NTP makes it another star DLC.

• Like Like x 3
  5. B3N

B3N Active Member

I Like SEHS because it has a mix of high speed and commuter

• Like Like x 2
  6. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

ECW is by far the best route in terms of quality and performances, but SEHS has more variety and it's my favourite one at the moment. German routes are graphically good, but performances are not always great (popups, poor framerate, stuttering).

• Like Like x 4
  7. johnny69wells

johnny69wells Active Member

I most routes have gives some variety.

8. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

It would definitely be HMA with all the layers and stability issues addressed for consoles. So I go for SKA (MAG) - regionals, S-Bahn, ICE and freight (with layers from other routes). Some beautiful main stations like Köln - love the bells playing in the distance as you depart on a nice sunny day. Plus it has the Talent 2 for its regional services (as well as loco hauled ones with layering). Wish it had PIS like HMA.

For the UK, it's definitely SEH with the 465 recently released.

• Like Like x 3
  9. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Well, since I am a heavy freight freak I had to vote for Sand Patch, but for best all-around I would go with MSB. No, it doesn't have high-speed, but frankly I find modern high-speed trains sterile.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

You seem to think exactly the same way about the routes as I do. I am the same with the loco's, oh I think this is my favourite. Then I will be driving another, no I think this is my favourite.

• Like Like x 2
  11. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

It's a difficult one, as I'm very much enjoying South Eastern High Speed at the moment. Overall though , I'd go for Koln - Aachen.

It's a great looking route, runs smoothly, and has a lot of variety since I already own all the other German route DLCs. High Speed ICE, Regional Express, S Bahn and freight, with even more variety of locos added in when you purchase the 155, 182 etc.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

I chose MSB. It's my favorite route, with a lot of freight. The only thing that bothers me here is the nonsensical service for the BR 204 locomotive. These services would definitely need to be reworked to achieve the quality of the DLC BR363 on the RSN.

• Like Like x 2
  13. barryr21

barryr21 Active Member

Huge fan of Rapid Transit although I do like the variation of Sehs and also really enjoy ECW and GWE.

• Like Like x 1
  14. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I think the idea with the 204 was to take advantage of all the unused trackage around the harbor. But running over that same steep curve over and over and over again.....!

• Like Like x 1
  15. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

Only played two at the moment Bakerloo Tube Line and WSR. I love the London Underground, it’s fun and does a good job of conveying actual realism. You can almost smell that particular unique London Underground aroma. I just need to nail my station stopping distances which is challenging but good fun. I’m going to try Trans Pennine next which I’m really looking forward to trying because I live in Northern England, I have a preference for UK trains, and because it should be a bit faster than WSR which is enjoyable but doesn’t have that speed fun factor because it’s a slow speed limited heritage line. I’m particularly looking forward to mastering the DMU on Trans Pennine which is a train I remember fondly when as a kid I regularly travelled on one between Keswick and Penrith before the Keswick line was sadly and very mistakenly closed down. In those days you were allowed to talk to the driver at the cab door which probably wouldn’t be allowed today.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  16. johnny69wells

So did run 101s on the Keswick line? When the line was open, you could get a train at Workington, you get a train to London. Called the lakes express, the line been really good now.

17. shhweeet#4292

I vaguely remember the section from Keswick to Workington being open and a steam train running on it but I was very young! My main recollection is of the Keswick to Penrith section which was kept open for quite a while after the Workington section was closed down. 1972 it finally closed I think. I’m not well up on train names but DMU’s as featured in the Trans Pennine map were the main staple train running services on it.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  18. HeuF

HeuF Active Member

[​IMG]
    My time....

• Like Like x 2
  19. johnny69wells

• Like Like x 2
  20. joulz75

joulz75 Active Member

When the layers will be active on consoles, sure HMA will be my favourite !

• Like Like x 2
  21. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

1st off it was Eastcoast way, the 66 aggregate scenario is my favourite there, then I got GWE which is now my current favourite, love the HST & The 66 HST rescue

• Like Like x 1
  22. Gav

Gav Active Member

Great Western Express is still my favorite route in the game.. but I think its just a personal thing because I used to work very close to Reading for about 6 years.. so I know Reading station very well indeed.

• Like Like x 2
  23. shhweeet#4292

Good to know. Also Bobbin tunnel just outside Keswick has apparently been opened up and restored. As a kids we used to walk in that tunnel. We used to have one of us walk a long way behind the rest of the gang who’s job was to shout train! We would then all run to one of the rail workers refuge spaces found in the walls and hang on for dear life as the train went past causing suction. Totally stupid and crazy thing to do but as kids you tend to do stupid and crazy things.

Once lock down restrictions have eased I’m going to visit it and walk the newly reopened trail to reminisce my childhood.

Edit... There was a strong campaign going on to re open the Keswick to Penrith line because the whole route from Keswick to Penrith is pretty much still intact. This new walking and cycling trail seems to have knocked that idea on the head.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  24. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

Southeastern is a very good route. I have been enjoying it more than I expected to be honest. It is a great time killer as well as I've started from St.Pancras many times thinking that I do just one run. Suddenly one run is 3-4 runs and time has gone.
    I usually start off at St.Pancras and once in Faversham I change to commuter (375/465) and after that take the Javelin from Faversham back to London.

Last couple days I have been rediscovering Rhein-Ruhr Osten and Ruhr-Sieg Nord thou. I like to mix it up.

• Like Like x 1
  25. johnny69wells

Is the Isle of wright route any good, don't mind driving tube trans. Will get South Eastern High Speed, when comes down in price. Do that with most, I'm interested in.

26. shhweeet#4292

IOW is quite enjoyable but very short. Ideal for total newbies like me to get a practice on because it’s like the London Tube which I’m not too bad on but only buy it cheap in a sale. I got my first gold medal on the IOW. For me though it’s Trans Pennine and the recently purchased Tees Valley which I bought today in the sale where it’s at. I can’t work out why they built a main station on the end of that long pier in the IOW? Maybe the ferries come in there?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  27. johnny69wells

Is shorter than Bakerloo Line?

28. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

8 out of the 9 most voted for routes are British, think that say's something about what players want.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

Yes it was for the passenger ferry.

• Like Like x 2
  30. Irish Train sim

Irish Train sim Well-Known Member

Koln/Aachen with all the layers is by far the best. Not enough traffic on SEHS. Looking forward to more German and UK routes, the modern stuff, forget steam.

• Like Like x 1
  31. IfICanDream

IfICanDream Active Member

I voted HMA, but also like Peninsula Corridor because I’ve ridden it.

• Like Like x 1
  32. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

This question really doesn't work well by allowing only one choice,should allow atleast 3.Theres far to many choices to just pick one.

• Like Like x 1
  33. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

LIRR because it's the only third rail route in the NYC Area in-game and the section between Jamaica and Floral Park permit 90 mph speed

• Like Like x 1
  34. RynoHawk

RynoHawk Member

Yes.
    No, not really. Because of this for one thing...
    I like different routes for different reasons and cannot pick just one as my preferred route as that may change week to week or day to day. Heck, even hour to hour. I may start my evening with a challenge by doing an NTP run on a 101 and wind down by ending it with a relaxing IOW or ECW run. Next day it might be SPG and PC.

Also as of right now total votes casts is less than 150 which hardly speaks for all players.

• Like Like x 2
  35. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

By that logic we should just call the game Train Sim UK, and Dovetail should abandon everything else....

36. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Yeah maybe, but I didn’t say that did I. :)

37. shhweeet#4292

Personally speaking I wouldn’t say they should abandon everything else. I haven’t got around to playing on a route other than a UK one yet but when I do I’m sure it will be more than interesting and fun to see what other none UK routes are like. Having said that the short time I’ve been here I have noticed a preference for UK routes, amongst players, on PS4 anyway. Ironic that British Rail got deservedly knocked for it’s quality of service and reliability yet it’s still responsible for a certain fondness, romanticism, and interest towards its rolling stock and routes back in the day. Even modern day UK railways are quite interesting and fascinating to people like me who are not railway anoraks but do kinda love trains. I can’t explain it but I don’t get the same buzz from railways from other countries YET! but I’m sure those of us from other countries do for perfectly valid and legitimate reasons of their own. Let’s be honest on the surface railways from certain other countries are probably more efficient, faster, and modern than UK railways will ever be yet UK tracks and rolling stock undeniably hold a particular and bizarre interest all of their own. Perhaps deep down some of us are a bit masochistic when it comes to our preference for the British rail industry. But for dovetail games to stop giving us tracks and rolling stock from other countries would be unfair and narrow minded tbh. Maybe there IS a business case for dovetail games to split the TSW franchise into two by having a TSW (UK) and TSW ( Rest Of The World ) I dunno.

Edit... I hope I haven’t caused offence to anyone? It wasn’t my intention to do so, I was just putting my random thoughts out there.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  38. Turbojugend

Turbojugend Well-Known Member

My favorite is probably the Bakerloo Line, it's my most played by far. Having said that, I'm less of a train enthusiast and more of a wayward tourist currently stuck at home. And yes, I do prefer the UK routes for the very same reason. :)

• Like Like x 2