Starting In Yard.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by AbstractArtist4081, Mar 19, 2021.

1. AbstractArtist4081

AbstractArtist4081 Member

The yard start makes no sense with all red lights and no freedom. It seems to me like Dovetail only wants a linear game. Hence why I will wait for someone to out due Dovetail in Train sims. Microsoft did better too.

2. apophis55

apophis55 Active Member

Very constructive...

• Like Like x 1
  3. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Apparently you think real life train drivers go wherever they like.

• Like Like x 2
  4. AbstractArtist4081

AbstractArtist4081 Member

I know they don't, but this isn't real life. I was talking about the free roam and making a consist to go somewhere.

5. lmcpfc2014

lmcpfc2014 Well-Known Member

This is such a minor issue. Train drivers don't just move locos and wagons wherever they like. I'm sure in the next version of scenario planner we get more things to do in yards.

6. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

What part of "simulator" don't you understand?

• Like Like x 1
  7. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

I do get what the OP is saying. A ‘free roam’ mode where points are unlocked and signals don’t matter would be great.
    I’d love to shunt the yards on the Arosa Line and see how many carriages I could get up the hill.

If you have TVL then you can start some trains at Lackenby Grid Sidings in the scenario planner. All the points are manual and there aren’t signals at the end of every siding so you can make up some long and unique consists.

• Like Like x 2
  8. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Or they could make the scenario planner work with sidings, which would be a more constructive comment

"Microsoft do so much better"... may be because they make millions of pounds a second and pay no tax almost anywhere given they sell their services out of tax havens. DTG don't do that

• Like Like x 1
  9. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

SPG &CN OVSD in tsw 2 each have a free roam senario option.Strange TS offers nothing similar in it's version.

Note:There's also NEC but it's only in tsw2020/tsw1,it not able to ported over to tsw2 because of incompatibly issuse.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  10. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

Ooohh! That is great to know! Sandpatch you can place two long trains in Cumberland yard that you have access to both with manual switching. Very happy to hear TVL has a spot like this as well and hopefully the scenario planner will cater to this idea in the future!

• Like Like x 1
  11. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

Since they said at launch they would to update the scenario planner based on feedback, as part of a yearly update to see something like a consist editor that allows you to piece together your train set and would also like to see placement options expanded so we could use a lot more tracks inside of yards and sidings.