Ts21 : Birmingham Cross City Line Out Now!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Mar 19, 2021.

1. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

• Like Like x 6
  2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I have added this to my wishlist for now.

• Like Like x 1
  3. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

Great DLC so far. Loving the 323 audio. The route looks dope, very detailed. Good Job to the team. Should be the standard of quality, moving forward.

4. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Not gonna lie, it looks really good, but after WCML-S I think I'll wait a week, if reports are generally favourable I'll just sneak in at the end of the TLO.

5. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

Is there any particular reason why the US prices for routes on TS are $39.99 RP and for TSW are $29.99 RP? The price in £ are exactly the same at £24.99 for both TS and TSW.

• Like Like x 1
  6. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I can’t understand the negative comments regarding the sound on the Steam Store page. It sounds great to me. On last night’s stream the guest (sorry, can’t remember his name) said that they were spot on and he works on the trains. I think he also said he recorded the sounds himself.

• Like Like x 2
  7. markhazeldine

markhazeldine Well-Known Member

The sound cuts out multiple times as you accelerate and I think as you decelerate too. And the running sounds are quite basic. Just go on YouTube and type in "class 323 sounds" and listen for 3 minutes and you'll see just how complex the real sounds are. DTG made an OK attempt, but quite simplified and a bit buggy. The gaps definitely need fixing.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

The gaps could be down to a simple error in the scripting, one wrong or mistyped character and that particular sound file gets missed out, hopefully that's all it is and it gets fixed.

• Like Like x 3
  9. doomedcookie

doomedcookie Active Member

10. doomedcookie

doomedcookie Active Member

Would love this in TSW2 there isn't a British Route on TSW2 with overhead lines.
    Maybe the Cross City routr could be it.
    Please,Pretty Pretty Please.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Take it to your own forum suggestion threads please, this is the TS2021 forum and we really don't need our threads filled up with your wishlists.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Member

Is there any possibility of fixing the sound bugs (spaces between audio samples and sounds lasting longer then the users input) and possibly get Soho TMD so we can have a depot to operate ECS's from?

• Like Like x 2
  13. qdoggyy

qdoggyy New Member

There is no explanation on getting out of emergency brakes . Class 323 cant get out of emergency brakes and loud beeping alarm

14. shaungib1992

shaungib1992 New Member

Firstly I would like to say great job DTG! After a few hours spent playing this when it came out last night. Its great to see TS Classic getting more content than of recent times.

One big thing I noticed was the sounds of the 323, to me it seems an issue with scripting perhaps?

The ground textures seem very low quality which is excusable on the track but not in the car parks of stations. The modelling of stations is in my opinion spot on some have amazing detail, especially Bournville.

Regards.

• Like Like x 1
  15. peddersmeister

peddersmeister New Member

I cant actually get the thing to start, the reverser wont move into forward or backward, the power lever wont move :(

16. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

DRA?

17. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

Shift + W for the Master Key, and then Y for the DRA (this is the most common one to cause that)

18. seancrabtree2003

seancrabtree2003 Active Member

Lovely route but omg the sound. Not duncans fault but seriously out of all the train the sound makes me not want to play that train. Hoe it gets fixed as its a big let down

• Like Like x 2
  19. yellowpanda#3079

yellowpanda#3079 New Member

I wouldn't jump to conclusions about that without thinking about it. GWE has overhead lines and so does SEHS

20. peddersmeister

peddersmeister New Member

Thanks for that, although im ashamed to admit i havent a clue what DRA is :)
    I've managed to remove the brakes, and get it in forward but apply power, nothing happens, well apart from slowly rolling backwards! :(
    I don't usually have this much trouble with this game!

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
  21. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

The DRA = Drivers Reminder Appliance (basically it's a button (or switch) that you press in the cab that prevents the train from taking power (it's a red glowing one) - it's used when the signal is red - to make sure the driver checks the signal) - Pressing Y turns it off usually.

22. inversnecky

Driver’s Reminder Appliance - basically an extra safety thing to switch off, esp when starting with a red expected ahead.

With AP and some of DTG pro trains, you’ll need to do Ctrl N for the AWS change end switch.

With the master key, some you can turn with the mouse, some need Ctrl W, and think there’s one or two (AP Class 40?) that need E.

But if a train doesn’t move, you can be sure it’s something like this!

23. Barberstig

Barberstig New Member

A great route with plenty of detail and looks great. The only thing is those 323 sounds, the cutting out of sounds, the annoying run sounds that you get after 25mph and not other sounds. Maybe could DTG look into any improvements they could make themselves or are we just going to have to wait for someone like AP for an EP...

• Like Like x 1
  24. Larwood

Larwood New Member

After currency conversion and accounting for VAT, this is 39% more expensive in Australia than in the UK. I'll pass thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  25. djhawtin1

djhawtin1 Well-Known Member

Could the X City line come to TSW 2

26. djhawtin1

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
  27. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

28. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

We don't care! This is the TS20xx forum why do you small group insist on coming over here just to beat your TSW drum, I'm reporting your post and hopefully others will follow suit!

• Like Like x 2
  29. djhawtin1

I Have rights, and who knows Maybe i have TS 2021 And have bought and Played the X City line On this game and all i want is my Local route in a Better quality , Better Views on Seats and able to see a lot more of New street, Huh.

[I Have done all the above btw]
    And in my opinion, why are you so sad to report a post that i have been wanting a DTG Staff member look at my post, and others about this same suggestion, take into consideration that this route would be a lot better suited in TSW than TS 20xx

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  30. junior hornet

To try to be more constructive, any suggestions for routes should be put into the Suggestions forum (on the TSW forum in this case).

• Like Like x 2
  31. djhawtin1

32. inversnecky

33. Larwood

Larwood New Member

What rights do you have which you think apply here?

34. junior hornet

• Like Like x 1
  35. longo239

The right to remain silent?

36. djhawtin1

I Do play TS2021 On my PC And also play TSW On my PC & Xbox aswell

37. djhawtin1

Lucky guess

38. stevedolby86

stevedolby86 New Member

It really is sad and pathetic that someone would be so bothered about a comment regarding TSW2 on a TS20xx page that they feel the need to report it rather than just scroll on and ignore it like most others do, its a shame there are them that seem to enjoy acting like a child but never mind, i too hope this route comes to TSW2

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  39. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Ooh and now we get sock puppet accounts 3 posts and then magically find your way here? Get real child..

You should follow your own advice, here's a link to the forum that applies to your wish. > https://forums.dovetailgames.com/forums/suggestions.75/

40. steammaster4449

steammaster4449 Well-Known Member

Alright, for the sake of peace keeping, could y'all NOT argue on an announcement thread? I mean c'mon. This ain't the place for a bunch of senseless back and forth bickering and nitpicking. It's immature. If someone posts something about TSW2 in a TS forum, and it puts you off that much, don't go make a post that has the possibility of sparking a flame war. Instead, just report it, and then ignore it. If you REALLY gotta say something about it, just be courteous with it and say, "This is the TS Classic forum, you'd be better off over in the TSW forum.", and give 'em the link to the TSW forum. What not to do is this:
    That's just rude, immature, and foolish.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  41. djhawtin1

To be honest, all i wanted was for a DTG Staff member Comment on my thread and as this is the same route, and it would me better suited in TSW in my opinion

42. SJA

SJA Active Member

You're entitled to use the forums as anyone else is within the terms of usage, but nobody is automatically entitled to a response from staff for an opinion piece.

You'd be best placed drumming up support on the TSW forums, instead of wasting time arguing and telling porkies (you say here that you have TS2021 and in the other thread you say you don't have it).

DTG are obviously interested in the West Midlands atm (and the two WM routes for TS look like they both did okay for sales at launch) and they have some reference materials. Perhaps a WM route is under construction for TSW. These things take time and are not announced until close to the release date.

• Like Like x 1
  43. stevedolby86

stevedolby86 New Member

Bless you little man

44. longo239

In this thread you said:
    In your other thread which you kindly provided a link to in this thread, you said:
    One of them has to be incorrect, care to enlighten us?

45. djhawtin1

The latter is incorrect

46. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Any further posts that are not on topic or are aggressive in tone towards other forums users will be removed. Please keep this thread on topic.

• Like Like x 4
  47. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

You would think when DTG create the Manual for a route and train then there should be information on how to drive the train.
    This manual has a few pictures with numbered items and a list of what the items are

No information about a Master Key, how to Switch the DRA off or even how to isolate the DVD.

48. djhawtin1

Natalie, Just saying, is it classed as Off-topic when you say I Would like this Route in TSW as just a simple comment and then the community becomes toxic and then they target you?

• Like Like x 1
  49. stevedolby86

stevedolby86 New Member

Are you not going to comment on all the negative reviews about the sounds regarding the class 323 then? your not going to acknowledge you guys have released something that shouldn't have got through quality control, again? and at least reassure us that there is a fix in the works to fix the sounds? or are you just going to ignore the issues? this comment is very much on topic as it is regarding this addon. the model is great the route is great but the sounds ruin the whole experience.

• Like Like x 4
  50. longo239

I doubt it, that's more Sam's area of expertise. Natalie seems more comfortable just closing threads.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 1