Remove Or Change Carrier Wheel Slip Penalty.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Sparrow-hawk, Mar 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Sparrow-hawk

Sparrow-hawk New Member

Please remove wheel slip penalty from game/carrier scenarios. It is mostly frustrating penalty. Most of the time it can't be avoided (even when use sander) and it's unpredictable.

• Like Like x 2
  2. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

The career system is pretty bad in general. Many reworks could be suggested, but it is far too late to do anything.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sparrow-hawk

Sparrow-hawk New Member

Why is too late for do anything? I bought game that have been released in last year: TS2018.

If I have to accept, that game engine is pretty bad, career system is pretty bad, I havn't see any reason to buy incomming addons or incomming TS2019 release.

• Like Like x 1
  4. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Oh heck no, the game was not released last year. If you were to fix career mode, that would mean changing thousands on thousands of scenarios from the over nine years the game has been out. As a system that's been in the game for nine years and still is only mediocre quality, you shouldn't expect the career system to be changed.

5. DominusEdwardius

DominusEdwardius Well-Known Member

All the penalties are (mostly) at the mercy of the scenario author, you don't have use the wheel slip penalties, or time penalties, or over speed penalties, it is simply up to the author what penalties he wishes to use (and how severe they are).

• Like Like x 2
  6. thegevo5k

thegevo5k Member

At that point, wouldn't it be the loco's fault? I'm sure a physics mod could fix the wheelslip (or make it worse).

7. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that there's a very simple solution to career-mode woes: turn it off! (Of course, this won't help addicts to points.)

• Like Like x 1
  8. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The game has evolved over the years from Railworks 3 which was Train Simulator 2012 and each year there are updates to the Game engine - the bit which makes it do all the stuff you see - and new Add-ons are released. So the game has been around in some form for at least 8 years.
    We are on TS2018 and if you were to change the Career System then everyone's points might get erased.

However if you are like me you play the game for a challenge and enjoyment and don't bother trying to score points then just ignore the scoring and switch it OFF.

Peter

• Like Like x 1
  9. ProfCreeptonius

ProfCreeptonius Well-Known Member

Hello people!

Did you know you could make the penalties less severe manually?
    Here's how:
    1) Go to Main menu -> Build Scenarios -> Your route
    2) (Optional) Clone the scenario you deem faulty.
    3) Edit the faulty scenario or the clone.
    4) On the top right fly-out, before clicking anything, look for a button at the top called 'Career rules'
    5) Edit the rules to your liking. Hover over the icons to get a short description.
    6) Save changes
    By the way, I played Train Simulator ever since Railworks 1 in 2009, which is now about eight years and a couple months. 749006 I'm sorry, but 2018-2012 is not 8 :P

If there is anything unclear, please ask me.
    Cheers,
    ProfCreeptonius

• Like Like x 1