Thoughts On Clinchfield And Arosa

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Bradley, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

so. we've seen preview streams for both routes this week and something that jumps out to me is the difference in scenery between Clinchfeild and Arosa, personally I think Clinchfield looks leaps and bounds better than arosa line. now Im not sure if this is down to limitations at rivet or pure laziness in the route building department at rivet. after seeing tonights "stream" I will 100% be buying Clinchfield

whats everyone thoughts on both routes

• Like Like x 4
  2. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

That’s a great point, it’s almost like the developers on Clinchfield have done this 25 times while Rivet has done it two times. That’s what it looks like to me anyway. Haha, right? Probably pure laziness I know if I went through all the trouble of making a product like this I’d totally just get lazy towards the end when it comes to the simple process of tree placement. Haha, right?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

Remember both are small companies, but rivet is so much smaller, and this is there biggest tsw route to date, also it is already looking so much better than IOW remember, cut them some slack guys! Keep up the good work guys!

• Like Like x 3
  4. Daytona

Daytona Active Member

It's because, like TGV, you can see more of the landscape in Arosalinie. It would run at unviabley low frame rates if the landscape had the same level of detail as Clinchfield.
    It was explained in the Clinchfield video.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  5. thomastl59374

thomastl59374 Well-Known Member

I think both routes are looking good and the traffic interactions on Arosa Line are impressive.

6. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

take a look in pc discussion, huge thread about these two there.