Easter Screenshot Competition

Discussion in 'Creation Centre' started by TrainSim-Steve, Mar 29, 2018.

1. angelo1510

angelo1510 New Member

A Baldwin B4D going to Georgetown on a beautiful summer evening. upload_2018-3-31_16-35-34.png

• Like Like x 2
  2. conway

conway New Member

20180331174856_1.jpg

A vistor from Europe just in time for Easter.

• Like Like x 1
  3. rabby62

rabby62 New Member

5abf58a51c82b_RailWorks2018-03-3111-09-56_jpg_e2c9001dbef341c1c90b68cd7469bc3d.jpg nice course with an Eurostar between Marseille and Toulon

• Like Like x 2
  4. andoarmd

andoarmd Active Member

20180331192734_1.jpg

A "Class 37" in northern Scotland making a railtour for British rail fans with a charity concept, donating money to cancer science. For every mile the train runs, 10£ is donated to charity.
    The railtour is fictional.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
    • Like Like x 27
  5. eri

eri Member

Screenshot_Stevens Pass_47.77856--120.92372_20-58-53.jpg Screenshot_Stevens Pass_47.77856--120.92372_20-58-53.jpg Bnsf triple unit aircraft run thru the cascades at midnight

• Like Like x 3
  6. Slenderman_HKRES

Slenderman_HKRES Member

A Class 390 with an intercity livery heading to Peterborough from Stevenage

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. David Armes

David Armes New Member

GWR Manor in full steam on the Great Central Railway

Attached Files:

8. GWR5029

GWR5029 Member

Interesting concept. As a realist I find it a little confusing. Lovely shot with my favourite loco, nonetheless. Seeing as the Bristolian was an express, I find it interesting that it would then travel down a branchline and layover for passengers to enjoy the area, and then return with them onboard, this makes it sound more like a railtour than an express, especially requiring the reversal and running round the triangle/wye at BTM to get up to Bromsgate. The goal was to run it as fast as possible, so if people were enjoying the area, that likely would warrant a slower speed, and travelling over the branchline definitely would, and the weight restrictions would not allow the Kings for certain, and possibly not the Castles. This is just my personal opinion as a realist. I don't mean to sound rude, I just figured I would share it, rather than bottling it up and not telling anyone. Now if the Red Dragon or the Capitals United were to take this trip, it would make more sense, but not really the Bristolian.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  9. StevenJam

StevenJam Member

In typical fashion the Spring Season here in the midwest, the season starts off with snow. The Spring of 1976 was no exception, during this Spring we see a trio of EMD Amtrak units leading a Las Vegas bound Excursion through the not so Spring Like Conditions. This train consisted of Amtrak 700 leading a duo of F40PH's all sporting the famous Amtrak Phase 3 Paint Scheme, a Phase Three Heritage Diner, A Phase Three Transitional Dorm, 5 Phase Three Coaches, Another Phase Three Transitional Dorm, An Ex Union Pacific Dome Car, A Phase Three Amfleet Cafe, and a Ex Great Northern Observation Car to wrap up the train.
    20160809222016_1.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  10. OpenRailer90

OpenRailer90 New Member

A restored PRR K4 leading an excursion to Bay Head with an 8-car Comet set. An ALP-45DP at the rear of the train is assisting the K4 and providing HEP. Screenshot_North Jersey Coast & New Haven_40.28510--73.98931_10-02-55.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  11. Rason Jankin

Rason Jankin Member

Before there were wires, there were fires. The preserved Green Arrow prepared to depart with the string of LNER Gresley Teak passenger stock on loan from the Severn Valley Railway. It sits in the early overgrowth of spring for this warm Easter weekend special excursion.

dfghrtrth.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  12. Robert55

Robert55 New Member

upload_2018-4-2_8-24-16.png

'Farewell To Sheringham'. The BR GT3 edges slowly across Station Road Sheringham (North Norfolk Railway) to return onto the national rail network for the journey back to Norwich.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Aaron333

Aaron333 New Member

A Classic BR Class 101 Tours UK
    This Heritage DMU on loan from a preserved railway is on tour of the UK. Currently standing at Liverpool Lime Street, about to depart for Manchester Piccadilly for a photo shoot.
    Screenshot (8).png

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dom Whibley

Dom Whibley Active Member

Screenshot_Riviera Line in the Fifties_50.40240--3.55978_11-14-20.jpg
    Sir Nigel Gresley Puffing across a viaduct along the Riviera!

• Like Like x 2
  15. 52_Western

52_Western Active Member

Great, though coal bunker's a bit full, don't you think? XD

16. Brett4501

Brett4501 New Member

union pacific 4014 taking an rail 20180329142033_1.jpg tour over the feather river canyon

• Like Like x 3
  17. loman

loman New Member

IMG_0268.JPG A 377 driving the L2B Speed Run

• Like Like x 3
  18. 52_Western

52_Western Active Member

Good pic, but both the "Train Simulator Screenshot saved" and the large F4 HUD are on it, which makes it less realistic.
    If I were you, I would take that pic again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. FarmallMan

FarmallMan New Member

Screenshot_Feather River Canyon Extension_39.80124--120.50064_08-06-53.jpg An SP SD45 took a ride down the FRC on a gloomy day.

20. cvspad

cvspad New Member

Late 1960s United States: An AT&N Consolidation, now in preservation, leads some mixed coaches past some Sunday drivers on their way to Easter Brunch, as they wait for a coal train to pass. 20180402230032_1.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  21. animalkosmik

animalkosmik Well-Known Member

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/easter-screenshot-competition.4223/page-2#post-27445
    24upvotes :D
    Görgen Last Activity: Saturday at 6:44 PM Joined: Saturday
    guuugg Last Activity: Saturday at 6:46 PM Joined: Saturday
    konpre Last Activity: Saturday at 6:47 PM Joined: Saturday
    youtuber_167 Last Activity: Saturday at 8:58 PM Joined: Saturday
    molgan Last Activity: Saturday at 9:05 PM Joined: Saturday
    stikkan_98 Last Activity: Saturday at 9:07 PM Joined: Saturday
    karlsson67 Last Activity: Saturday at 9:26 PM Joined: Saturday
    gamer65ultra Last Activity: Saturday at 10:24 PM Joined: Saturday
    fisher_dude35 Last Activity: Sunday at 9:10 AM Joined: Sunday
    Boeing737-800 Last Activity: Sunday at 9:12 AM Joined: Sunday
    Class390Xpress Last Activity: Sunday at 9:15 AM Joined: Sunday
    BirdieNumNum Last Activity: Sunday at 9:18 AM Joined: Sunday
    ticktack78 Last Activity: Yesterday at 8:25 AM Joined: Yesterday
    railroad_merica Last Activity: Yesterday at 8:28 AM Joined: Yesterday
    empirestateofmind Last Activity: Yesterday at 8:30 AM Joined: Yesterday
    water144 Last Activity: Yesterday at 8:32 AM Joined: Yesterday
    rollsroyce Last Activity: Yesterday at 9:03 AM Joined: Yesterday
    fortniteking77 Last Activity: Yesterday at 1:05 PM Joined: Yesterday
    Flightlegend5 Last Activity: Yesterday at 1:07 PM Joined: Yesterday
    mmood Last Activity: Yesterday at 1:10 PM Joined: Yesterday
    cloudy_mario Last Activity: Yesterday at 1:12 PM Joined: Yesterday
    gamer579 Last Activity: Yesterday at 1:14 PM Joined: Yesterday
    Carpman Last Activity: Yesterday at 1:16 PM Joined: Yesterday
    Class700XP Last Activity: Yesterday at 1:18 PM Joined: Yesterday

• Like Like x 1
  22. andoarmd

andoarmd Active Member

Well, I have to be honest with you. I know it looks very suspicious with that list. I posted on social media that I competed so many of my votes come from my friends.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  23. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Thanks to everyone who took part in the Easter Railtour Screenshot Competition!

It has come to our attention that some people have chosen to spoil the fun for everyone by making fake accounts to upvote their entry and, because of this, we would be entirely within our rights to cancel the competition.

However, we feel this is entirely unfair to those who have participated honestly. So, we'll be reviewing all of the accounts that have been set up recently and any accounts that we suspect are fake will be disqualified from this and all future competitions, and their votes removed.

Deciding the winner will now revert to a judging panel made up of a select number of DTG staff so that we can ensure the final decision is made fairly.

Best, Steve

• Like Like x 6
  24. Dan_Der_Man

Dan_Der_Man Active Member

Thanks for that Steve :), possibly for next time upvoting can still happen. I have a suggestion that I will DM you

25. andoarmd

andoarmd Active Member

I totally understand you.

The competition should be fair to everyone.

Disqualify my post if it's necessary, I will be more clear to my friends in the future that making fake accounts to make me, or someone else win is NOT an option.

To prevent this from happening, I think you should remove the "most upvotes win" concept, and go back to what you used to do, selecting the winner yourself.

26. AyrtonS8

AyrtonS8 Well-Known Member

I think using the previous way were some staff at DTG picked a winner worked well and you should keep that way. I feel it was more fair.

I always entered screenshot competitions in the past but I didn't enter this time due to the likes/upvotes way of picking a winner. I felt it was going to come down to popularity and who has the most people to ask for likes/votes. I knew something bad was going to happen, due to the winner being whoever has the most upvotes, and sad to say I guess I was right.

As a suggestion for future screenshot competitions, if you decided to do anymore, keep to the previous way of picking a winner by DTG staff choosing a winner. Its simple, fair and less chance of anything happening to ruin the competition.

Thanks

• Like Like x 3
  27. TrainSim-Steve

Thanks very much for the suggestions guys. We'll certainly consider that for the future if we look at doing more competitions. Given how this one has gone, I'd be very reluctant to approve any more.

Best, Steve

• Like Like x 5
  28. andoarmd

andoarmd Active Member

I'm very sorry it turned out this way.
    I've learned that I shouldn't post about that I'm competing here on social medias. There's always someone that's going to make fake accounts or similar things.

Let's make DTG choose the winner next time! That's the most fair way!

29. TrainSim-Steve

What's done is done, Adam, so let's all move on :)

So on a much more positive note, I wanted to say that there are some amazing screenshots in this thread and I currently have four favourites. However, it's not just up to me so I'll ask the other judges to pick their favourites and hopefully we'll have one clear winner at the end. Hopefully we'll be able to give the news tomorrow.

Best, Steve

• Like Like x 3
  30. andoarmd

andoarmd Active Member

Sure, let's move on! :D
    I have some favourite screenshots too.

Good luck everyone :)

31. TrainSim-Steve

The Winners

OK so we have three clear winners, and quite frankly, this was a really tough competition and we couldn't agree which of these should win so in the end, all three win a loco of their choice. We hope you'll join us in congratulating the three winners (The Train Sim Guy, Dash7Studios and NickFarrant), please can you post below with your loco choice and we'll get a key organised for you.

[​IMG]
    Above: Here we can see 6023 King Edward II on the Return Torbay Express as it rounds Red Rock at Dawlish Warren. Screenshot by The Train Sim Guy

[​IMG]
    Above: Spring, while a lot warmer than the previous season, still means much less daylight to work with, much to the chagrin of the railfans watching at San Francisco as Union Pacific E8 #942 pulls an Officer's Special train. After a long day of delays and equipment problems, the train finally got underway at 6:00PM, meaning just a small amount of sun left for anyone watching! Screenshot by Dash7Studios

[​IMG]Above: Screenshot by NickFarrant

We also want to give an honourable mention to all of these incredible shots, all of which are the reason why this competition was so difficult to judge - congratulations to all of you.

[​IMG]Screenshot above by danh2903

[​IMG]
    Above: If the NRM had decided to put the 'Duchess of Hamilton' back into service while they were restreamlining her. This easter special reenactment of the 'Coronation Scot' crawling into Carlisle would have been a wonderful possibility. Screenshot by BlueSamurai195

[​IMG]
    Above: I always wake up at 5:00AM, and every 3rd day, I treat myself to some ice cream. So, this was one of those days. I got up, walked across the road, under the overpass, and went up to the ice cream stall. I had purchased the ice cream, and I was just about to lick it, when I heard an engine sound from behind me. A Maybach engine sound. I turned around, and saw D817 Foxbound, heading straight for me. I always have my camera round my neck, so when I see something spectacular like this diesel, I can always photograph it. So I did. I quickly switched it on, focused the camera on Foxbound, and pressed down on that button. This is the result. <crowd applaudes> Thank you very much. Screenshot by 52_Western (Judge's remarks: This story is excellent and this deserves special mention)

[​IMG]
    Above: During the early 50's the Great Western Railway, now operating under British Rail, began a trial extension of one of its premier services 'The Bristolian'. The express which used to terminate at Bristol Temple Meeds now runs back north through Filton Junction and over the Severn; then continuing past Newport and Cardiff before switching to the branch line at Bromsgate Junction. The express now terminated at the small town of Temsby Port every other Sunday morning, allowing for passengers to enjoy the seaside before the return journey that afternoon. Here we see 5029 Nunny Castle waiting to leave platorm 3 for the return journey to London. Screenshot by DemSocks

[​IMG]
    Above: Class 42 No 866 'Zebra' on a Management Special Railtour on a warm spring afternoon, departing from Exeter St Davids. Screenshot by English Electric Studios.

[​IMG]
    Above: In typical fashion the Spring Season here in the midwest, the season starts off with snow. The Spring of 1976 was no exception, during this Spring we see a trio of EMD Amtrak units leading a Las Vegas bound Excursion through the not so Spring Like Conditions. This train consisted of Amtrak 700 leading a duo of F40PH's all sporting the famous Amtrak Phase 3 Paint Scheme, a Phase Three Heritage Diner, A Phase Three Transitional Dorm, 5 Phase Three Coaches, Another Phase Three Transitional Dorm, An Ex Union Pacific Dome Car, A Phase Three Amfleet Cafe, and a Ex Great Northern Observation Car to wrap up the train. Screenshot by StevenJam

[​IMG]
    Above: A restored PRR K4 leading an excursion to Bay Head with an 8-car Comet set. An ALP-45DP at the rear of the train is assisting the K4 and providing HEP. Screenshot by OpenRailer90

[​IMG]
    Above: A 377 driving the L2B Speed Run. Screenshot by loman

[​IMG]
    Above: Late 1960s United States: An AT&N Consolidation, now in preservation, leads some mixed coaches past some Sunday drivers on their way to Easter Brunch, as they wait for a coal train to pass. Screenshot by cvspad

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  32. The Train Sim Guy

The Train Sim Guy Active Member

Hey TS Steve, would it be possible for me to have the Chessie System U30C Loco. Thanks very much. :) The Train Sim Guy

• Like Like x 2
  33. Dash7Studios

Dash7Studios New Member

Good morning TS Steve! Thanks to the team and anyone else who decided my screenshot would be a winner! Congrats to the other winners as well, and to everyone who submitted a screenshot (they were all really good!).

Would it be possible for me to get the CSX C30-7 as my prize? Been wanting it for a while ;)

Thanks again!

-Connor

34. 52_Western

52_Western Active Member

Congrats to all of you who participated! All shots look awesome!
    And for those of you who actually won: enjoy your free TS Add-Ons!
    Thanks, Judge! I appreciate it! I tried my best! :)

35. Robert55

Robert55 New Member

Well done to all of the winners! It was a good competition and I enjoyed looking at all the screenshots, and voting for the work of some of the competitors!

• Like Like x 1
  36. cheepskate24

cheepskate24 New Member

Congrats to the winners! And well done to everyone else :)

• Like Like x 1
  37. TrainSim-Steve

No problem guys, keys have been ordered for each - will send them to you via DM here when they arrive. Congratulations :)

Best, Steve

• Like Like x 1
  38. The Train Sim Guy

The Train Sim Guy Active Member

Thanks very much Steve. Much appreciated.

39. Dash7Studios

Dash7Studios New Member

Thanks much Steve! Hope we can have more of these competitions down the road!

• Like Like x 1
  40. danh2903

danh2903 Member

Good job to all the winners, Nice to get an honourable mention :)

• Like Like x 1
  41. TrainSim-Steve

Steam keys have now been delivered and are waiting in your inbox!

Best, Steve

• Like Like x 1
  42. RobSkip

RobSkip Well-Known Member

43. NickFarrant

NickFarrant Active Member

Hi Steve, apologies for the late reply. It's been a busy week at work!!

Well isn't this a fantastic surprise, thank you so much!!!

Is it possible to have the Q1 class please?

Many thanks again, I really appreciate it.
    Nick

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  44. Farmer_C

Farmer_C Well-Known Member

Congrats to all winners from me too. Great screenshots everyone. It’s always such a great pleasure to look at the amazing photos that people post at this forum. They really lift the spirits up and bring great joy. In this respect I would like to extend my appreciation to all who post photos at this forum.

45. Dom Whibley

Dom Whibley Active Member

True, it is a bit full. Not sure why though as I had been going all the way from Exeter st Davids and had therefore nearly complted the whole route.

46. WoodlandTracks

WoodlandTracks Active Member

Wow, great shot !

Last edited: Feb 9, 2024