Clinchfield Looks Awesome!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Task, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Task

Task Well-Known Member

So we constantly complain about things when they need complaining so I think it's only fair we to also tell you when we like something.
    I watched the Clinchfield preview and the route looks very good. The scenery is on point and the gameplay also looks promising and fun, especially because of all the branches and the diverse gameplay you can have with them.
    Only problem now is that I'm not interested in (American) (historic) freight so I won't get the add on but it looks pretty good and I wanted you to know that.
    Keep up with that quality, that's what we want to see in your add ons.

• Like Like x 18
  2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

I agree! Thus looks to be a fantastic route!

• Like Like x 5
  3. pugilist3

pugilist3 Active Member

I was impressed as well with the new Clinchfield route! I hope Cane Creek is done with the same TLC.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I was impressed with what I saw on the stream, and looking forward to it's release hopefully very soon.

• Like Like x 1
  5. praxidike.meng

praxidike.meng Well-Known Member

I really liked this route in Train Simulator, so I was already inclined to get this one when it was announced, but after seeing the preview I was just astounded! Honestly, I wasn't expecting the overall quality that seems to pervade this release. Special mention goes to the fantastic scenery, it really creates that feeling of heavily forested landscape. A very nice surprise and definitely a release day buy for me.

• Like Like x 1
  6. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

This is the third route after LGV and SEHS, so... does that mean it's the same team who worked on the brilliantly detailed Munich-Augsburg?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

It definitely looks like a fantastic route. I feel sorry for Rivet games in a way as there is a huge quality difference between the two...it may have been in their best interest to get out the way of Clinchfield's release (and also providing them a little extra development time)

We need as many third party devs on board as possible creating content...but those on a tight budget weighing up which route to buy will more than likely choose Clinchfield. I want to support the third party devs, but unfortunately for them the bar has been raised by DTG and we expect a certain level.

8. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

It hasn't though. This is supposed to be the expected quality level ever since TSW first came out with Sand Patch Grade. SPG was awesome, GWE was also amazing, even though a bit short, then as time went on, quality decreased.

Now Clichfield seems to have returned to a level of quality that's wrothy of TSW, from what we can see so far, and that's amazing. On the other hand, the only main problem with Arosa Line are the textures. And while they probably can't do anything about the distant ground textures, they should really completely redo all the close scenery textures, as they look ridiculous right now.

• Like Like x 1