British Rail Class 25/3 For Tsw 2

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by RailwayGuy5401, Mar 20, 2021.

1. RailwayGuy5401

RailwayGuy5401 New Member

Something I and many others would love to see is the British Rail Class 25/3, a very popular Sulzer Type 2 Diesel Locomotive!
    The 25/3's are the later "Bayer Peacock" designs, with the big front windows and the cleaner bodysides. These were predominantly used in the Midlands on Passenger and Coal Trains. They also played a massive part in and around The Northern Trans-Penine, which is alrready in TSW, and was supprised it wasn't included originally.
    The "Rats" are also great for the sim for the West Somerset Railway in the preservation era, as well as a potential candidate for the Diesel Legends timetable on GWE.
    They also carried many liveries, from Two-Tone Green, Br Blue and to the Ice Cream Van livery, which was assigned to D7672 "Tamorth Castle."
    This loco has a massive following in real life, then and now, it would be awesome to see this brought to life in the newest and best Train SImulator.
    2484.jpg 25211_Manchester_Victoria.jpg

• Like Like x 13
  2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Thumbs up from me though I would also like to see the earlier design front end too.

• Like Like x 3
  3. RailwayGuy5401

RailwayGuy5401 New Member

Class 26's are also a must for me, my favourite of all time!!

• Like Like x 3
  4. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

im more class 26/7 gang but I would love to see more old british traction besides NTP needs a new loco I don't see why they didn't make it so we can use the class 31 in NTP considering its Already in br blue.
    but anyways if they do make it they should include some coal wagons for coal trains and make it substitutable with the class 31 from TVL (and vice versa)

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  5. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Another superb suggestion.

6. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

2 x Class 25 could also sub for the Type 4s on passenger services.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Vanhalen1

Vanhalen1 Member

To be be fair a Class 25, 26 and 27 would look good on TSW2 with a Scottish route.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Wolfovizer

Wolfovizer Well-Known Member

Great suggestion. Really nice loco :)

9. Jpantera

Jpantera Well-Known Member

Good suggestion, I have also called for a 25 on a North Wales based route. Its equally at home at Manchester Victoria which often saw one banking freights up Miles Platting Bank. I was surprised this wasn't attempted considering it happens in Main Spessart Bahn and Sand Patch Grade now.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

I would be down for some Rat action, the big diesels are lovely things, but NTP does feel like it has a gap in motive power without something smaller doing the rounds as well. And while some of the DTG crew have wanted to add services for the 31 in the past frankly I don't see them doing that, too many other issues to deal with on other routes. I think them making something new for NTP's much more likely, and the 25 would be a great candidate.

• Like Like x 1