PlayStation Ntp Signals

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by a.paice, Mar 21, 2021.

1. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,

In the passing loops just West of Standedge tunnel, when travelling East towards Leeds you are presented with a clear signal and nothing else.
    If there is a train in the section ahead then as soon as you go a few hundred metres further you are presented with a danger signal just in front of the tunnel.
    It’s out of sight until you round the corner and without a distant signal in the loops it’s completely impossible to stop in time upon sighting the signal.

Is this a bug/fault or was this like this in real life meaning all trains would of have to pass through the loops well below the speed limit to stand any chance of stopping?

View when reaching the end of the loops- all clear!
    50FFE75D-B3A0-454C-9654-DD520B79AC54.jpeg

View from a few hundred metres later- suddenly there’s a stop signal just a few hundred metres ahead:
    90249BD7-7CF6-4B56-AEF2-A7FAEA85D4CD.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  2. RynoHawk

RynoHawk Member

I believe while the light is green to proceed, the diagonal semaphore tells you to proceed at caution. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

This is a long standing issue with this particular signal. It’s always a good idea to check its status on the map before you reach the 45mph limit to give you time to stop if it is red. It wouldn’t have been like that in real life.

• Like Like x 3
  4. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

I fell foul of that signal as well. Luckily I had a save so I didn’t have to go back to the beginning when I ran the red light.

Thanks for the tip about using the map. It helped save the day for me and I got passed it.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  5. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

I drive without any signal info on the HUD, and this signal has caused me numerous rage quits :)

Hope it gets fixed at one time, but I'm not holding my breath.

• Like Like x 2