Everything About German Signalling + Ask Questions

Discussion in 'Creators Club' started by ProfCreeptonius, Mar 27, 2018.

1. ProfCreeptonius

ProfCreeptonius Well-Known Member

Hello again community!

Again, thank cactusjuice for talking me into making this post, I would've been to lazy to do it otherwise.
    The document I'm giving you here is, as far as I know, the first and only that explains the entire German signalling in incredible detail in English. Every single information I give you is specifically aimed at simplifying the simulation and coding process as well as the learning process and all the values and instructions I give are sourced from the official DB (Deutsche Bahn) documentation regarding the matter and are identical to reality; no other source I know is this close to the real world. This can be used both by players and developers to make sure our train simulation is doing what the reality wants it to do.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/15rMbxCG19bHquN53hhgNKMIb7BczH6nAMv9p-EBvLO4/edit?usp=sharing
    Disregard the title 'PZB', this talks of all signals and safety systems in Germany you need to know. I've only left out the ones that are either outdated or so rare that you'll never in your life encounter them, however, I will add to this document over time.
    To activate the Safety systems, there exist multiple keyboard combinations and buttons. Most of the systems are found on the left panel when entering the cab from the passengers area. I'll update my document with the exact combinations on the keyboard for the activation of the systems as soon as I can find any kind of regularity within it. Until then, try Shift+7,8,9 and Shift/Control+Numpad enter,+,-. Should any errors be found in the document, I'll fix them a.s.a.p.

I sincerely hope that this will give you a look into the foundation of German signalling like no other.
    Enjoy :D
    ProfCreeptonius

PS: Feel free to ask any questions regarding the behavior of german signals here and I'll respond as soon as I can - it should reduce general cluster in the forum :D

• Like Like x 6
  2. ProfCreeptonius

ProfCreeptonius Well-Known Member

3. Juan Manuel Luengo

Juan Manuel Luengo Active Member

Thanks. Very interesting and useful for the inexperienced, like me. ;)