Northeast Corridor Issues

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by TrainSim-Jay, Mar 20, 2018.

1. hairyotter

hairyotter New Member

2. dogrokket

dogrokket New Member

Southbound service trains often run into a 'Mexican standoff' going into NY Penn. Trains end up head to head and nobody moves. (Could be fixed with and editor). Also, when resuming service out of Penn, all exterior lighting disappears at times. No headlights, no anything.

• Like Like x 3
  3. John Murphy

John Murphy Well-Known Member

So the issues that I've found so far that aren't listed above are that the catenary disappears about a mile before the Pelham Bay Bridge whenever I'm driving a northbound train. Also while starting a service at Newark Airport this morning, I was instructed to unlock the doors, I unlocked the doors, and nothing happened. It didn't say passengers were loading or anything. It just said "Unlock Doors" even though I had already unlocked the doors. So I tried unlocking the doors on the other side of the train away from the platform, since this is a known issue in GWE. Nope. Same thing happened. I was unable to clear the "Unlock Doors" objective.

EDIT: Apparently the doors will not unlock on any trains. As a result, I am now unable to drive any Amtrak trains in service mode. I've had enough. I'm doing all I can to get my money back for this route.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  4. Texanator1987

Texanator1987 Member

Yes good catch, that's what happened to me too. And the reason...the compass is backwards! :|

5. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

Indeed, there is no indication that passengers board.
    But you wait a little, and we will ask you to lock the doors. And then you can ride.

6. John Murphy

I never got the request to lock the doors. It just sits there on "Unlock Doors" forever for me.

7. Shtirlitz-isaev

Shtirlitz-isaev Member

20180322223153_1.jpg 20180323225849_1.jpg
    light up the night in cars, won't turn on

8. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

You have to turn on HEP. The real bug here is that HEP is not on by default, it should be on at all times.

9. Shtirlitz-isaev

Shtirlitz-isaev Member

thanks

10. NR1

NR1 New Member

Yet more stuck red signals outside NY Penn. This was a service rather than scenario. Arrived outside Penn a couple of minutes before scheduled arrival. Meet a red before the junction. Sit there and wait for over 7 minutes until a train leaves a platform, crosses the junction. Signal finally goes yellow, proceed, next one is red again. Now stuck as the train in the adjacent platform to my destination cannot go anywhere as I'm straddling the junction, but can't proceed as I'm at a red. Train leaves platform couple minutes later and we're having a face off - see attached! Game over. Happened countless times now with stuck reds at Penn. :mad: Not impressed DTG, at all!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

It took me 2 times to complete but on the second try I completed with no issues. It is all about times arrived at my first two stations ontime and the last 1 minute prior to arrive.

12. Shtirlitz-isaev

Shtirlitz-isaev Member

13. jENKS

jENKS New Member

And the worst part about all of this is there is NO RESPONSE form DTG. For all we know, they're just carrying on like nothing's wrong, developing the next DLC. :(

• Like Like x 3
  14. John Murphy

Yup, that's exactly what they do. As soon as a route hits the market, it's onto the next one. There are still buggy routes in TS that came out years ago that have never been fixed. I think the NEC route might get 1 update, but that's about it, and it's probably not coming any time soon. They most likely already started work on the next mess of a route.

15. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I've seen a number of posts here stating that the City Sprinter scenario cannot be completed, most folks citing a red signal that kept them from arriving at the final destination. I also had this experience when I ran this scenario a couple of days after the NEC DLC first appeared.

Today, I decided to try City Sprinter again and this time I succeeded! Interestingly enough, this time I was handed an extra stop at Secaucus, which makes me think that there's a bit of randomness built into these latest scenarios. I arrived at all three stops on time. I attribute this success not to my driving skills (very little passenger train experience), but to the ATC and ACSES safety systems, which I've been using for several days now and which guided me through shifting speed limits and past several red signals by feeding me alternate speed limits that slowed me down as the lights shifted from red to yellow.

Give City Sprinter another try, folks -- perhaps DTG has altered it, perhaps not, but drive it with ATC and ACSES activated.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

It took me two tries what I believe it comes down is being ontime at your stops, do not be late or too early as that may contribute to not being able to complete the scenario correctly.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  17. LastTrainToClarksville

Do you happen to remember which service? Were you driving with ATC and ACSES activated?

18. LastTrainToClarksville

There's always something new to learn; something that the manuals don't mention. What's HEP and how is it activated?

19. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

LastTrainToClarksville : the HEP switch is in the cab behind the driver's seat on the wall. Its for interior lighting in the wagons.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  20. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I gave it two tries, in both cases got stuck. I also agree there is probably randomness in the scenario. In one run another train overtook me just at the start, the other run no such thing happened. Maybe we just need to try often, but it is annoy you cannot complete a scenario.

21. Shtirlitz-isaev

Shtirlitz-isaev Member

20180327222852_1.jpg 20180327223808_1.jpg 20180327223958_1.jpg 20180327224009_1.jpg 20180327222219_1.jpg
    Interesting animation with current collectors if you raise both. When you change the height of the wire reacts, first back and then front, although it should be Vice versa. the coupling strongly stretches.

22. Jef-F

Jef-F Active Member

Yep, happened to me 3 times already.
    upload_2018-3-29_21-10-54.png
    It clears signals 1 and 2 for you after train from station leaves (at that point you are already behind schedule), but signal 3 stays at danger, so you can't pass to the platform and let the next opposite train leave. You can't wait out all the opposite trains to leave either, because signals 1 and 2 and respective switches already set for you, so your opponent is now stuck too. Game over.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  23. Shtirlitz-isaev

Shtirlitz-isaev Member

20180330220610_1.jpg 20180330220733_1.jpg 20180330220741_1.jpg 20180330220750_1.jpg
    Sunnyside Yard &
    North Shore Facility

• Like Like x 4
  24. Juan Manuel Luengo

Juan Manuel Luengo Active Member

In my opinion, this scenario is erratic and random.

25. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Just had a quick question about the scenario "City Lights" - have run it twice and have failed both time - First time I know what I did - slide past the red light at the terminal -- ran it a second time - arrived at 17:11 - opened the doors - waited to 17:14:30 and followed the instructions to place the reverser in neutral and disembarked - when to the indicated spot and the scenario failed me again. No over speeding - no emergency brake application - did everything as instructed and still stated I failed. I haven't seen any chatter about the scenario so was just wondering if anyone else has had a problem with this scenario. I did run it with ATC and ACSEC turned on

26. Juan Manuel Luengo

Juan Manuel Luengo Active Member

I have arrived on time, I have tried to put the inverter in neutral and it has been impossible to move it (neither with the cursor nor with the S key). Result: unsuccessful scenario. :mad:

27. bvk

bvk New Member

Probably hte throttle/brake lever was not exactly in the Idle position at zero.

28. PlaysWithTrains

PlaysWithTrains New Member

What's wrong with the way they did it in TS201x? Instructions on-screen in boxes, available with a keypress afterwards. I'll miss the Brits at DTG trying to sound American though -- "Well, that's you, done for the day." SRSLY? ;-)

29. PlaysWithTrains

PlaysWithTrains New Member

Agree -- at least for CSX. My window overlooks their Philadelphia Subdivision. 25 trains a day and in fifteen years I've never seen one, day or night, without the headlight and ditch lights on. Their operating rules (2014) require it:
    204.2 Leading end of trains must display headlight on bright unless otherwise specified by rule. [exceptions are meeting another train, in yards, at stations, stopped behind another train, etc.]
    204.6 When the leading end of the lead locomotive of a train is equipped with auxiliary lights, both auxiliary lights must operate properly before departing the initial terminal. The auxiliary lights must be on when headlight is required to be on bright.

• Like Like x 3
  30. Amtrak America

Amtrak America Member

I still found several bugs that need correcting. There is a misspelling on the Amfleet I Coachclass emergency exit windows. "Remvoe" should be remove. The brake sounds on the Amfleet isn't loud enough and they don't sound unless you release the brake and reapply it under 10 M.P.H. The brakes should start squealing when braking at about 25 M.P.H. There is no bell doppler either on the ACS-64. The pitch should not stay the same. There aren't any traction blower motor sounds on the ACS-64 and you can barely hear the dynamic brakes. The horn is way too quiet and is very low quality. American locomotive's horns do not go in low or high mode. We use "quill". Quilling is applying the horn at half of its volume or half of the chimes. This video below shows the brake sounds on the Amfleets, the bell doppler, horn quill, and the traction blower audio when the locomotive accelerates.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  31. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Stop saying that DTG doesnโ€™t read these. They do, they just donโ€™t always reply.

• Like Like x 2
  32. Nuts

Nuts Member

...or fix things that are clearly broken. In other words, the just do what they want. "Screw the customers, we're DTG. Theres a sucker born each minute!"

• Like Like x 1
  33. Anthony Pecoraro

Not true. More work on NEC New York is being done.

• Like Like x 3
  34. Anthony Pecoraro

Just because some of the problems arenโ€™t fixed, doesnโ€™t mean that they wonโ€™t be. These things take time.

• Like Like x 3
  35. Nuts

Nuts Member

That's a ridiculous argument! We are past the 12 month mark on many of these immersion breaking bugs. We're literally waiting YEARS to be able to use this software.......

• Like Like x 3
  36. John Murphy

DTG couldn't care less about us. I mean, it's true that there are some "updates" coming out for NEC, but they're probably just small cosmetic changes and won't fix any of the major problems with the route. They're strategy is once a route is released, completely forget about it and move on to making the next one so they can get it out quicker.

• Like Like x 4
  37. Nuts

Nuts Member

Almost. They want to appear as though they're working on it to fix it, but they never really do. They fix a few simple items...low hanging fruit...and say "LOOK, we're FIXING THINGS EVERYBODY!" and then move on to the next route...leaving the existing one a huge broken mess.

• Like Like x 2
  38. Shtirlitz-isaev

Shtirlitz-isaev Member

20180404202510_1.jpg 20180406192629_1.jpg the same rake only in a profile

39. Shtirlitz-isaev

Shtirlitz-isaev Member

40. Anthony Pecoraro

Just wait and see that you are wrong.

• Like Like x 2
  41. John Murphy

I hope I am wrong, but I honestly don't think DTG will change that fast. Yeah, freight trains in service mode is planned, but other than that, I can't see them really doing much to fix any of the other problems with this route. I'm saying this from experience with past routes. They might make a few minor cosmetic changes and then they never touch it again, leaving several much larger problems neglected and unfixed. It's just the way DTG operates.

• Like Like x 1
  42. Anthony Pecoraro

They are working on the signaling!

43. John Murphy

Yeah, but how do you know it will be fixed? A lot of times they'll "fix" something and wind up making the problem worse, or they will actually fix one problem and at the same time something else will get messed up in its place. I'm not making up stuff just for the sake of bashing DTG. I'm going off of many past experiences with content in both TS and TSW. It's like how geologists predict volcanic eruptions. They study a volcano's past behavior to see how it will most likely erupt in the future. I'm not saying it's a 100% chance that DTG will leave this route mostly neglected after a minor update, but going off of what they've always done in the past, it's very likely that's what they're gonna do here. I hope I'm wrong.

• Like Like x 3
  44. Anthony Pecoraro

I happen to know.

45. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

Hello all can I add to this list, please?

Everytime I approach to stop at NY Penn station, The game crashes with "Display has been stopped and recovered" - I gather my GPU as much as it can cope, 60FPS on GWE and even lower FPS with no problem but with the New York routes (LIRR as well) it crashes out. Soon as the FPS gets to 25-30FPS

Anyone can help i'll try lower settings but we'll see

46. Anna_AWVR

Anna_AWVR Active Member

For those having issues with City Sprinter you seem to be ignoring the briefing at the start. The Silver Star is running behind you and needs to Overtake you. I believe this is why you stop at Secaucus. Waiting there lets the Silver Star pass you. If you don't stop there, you break the scenario because when you get to NY Penn'ยง Tunnel the AI Dispatcher is looking for the Silver Star but all it sees is you in its place. So it locks up the junction because at that point you are too early.

• Like Like x 1
  47. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave New Member

Just did my first City sprinter run got stopped at seracuse red signal unable to proceed