Hatchet Hill

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 749006, Mar 22, 2021.

1. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
  2. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

3. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I had not spotted that thread - interesting info - There are a number of freeware routes that require Hatchet Hill so it will be useful

Have you seen this?
    https://trainsimulator.no/addoncatalogue/di8-for-train-simulator-2018/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/32859789@N02/8714623358/
    I would use the Chris trains 6400 class diesel if I had something to shunt like Scunthorpe

4. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

Just be aware that this 3rd party route is broken and I think it was taken off sale at one point due to the number of complaints (or at least DTG took it off their steam pages. A search of the steam forums will give you more info,

From memory, there were problems with the sound (There was a patch on UKtrainsim) and also a number of the scenarios were broken, along with the stone loader.

The route was made by Oovee, who stopped making train sim content when they got involved with the Spintyres game, which did not end well either! I seem to recall at the time there was some suggestion that the route was working when released, but a subsequent DTG core update broke it. With neither Oovee willing or DTG able to fix the issues, there were many complaints about it still being sold. To be fair to DTG, as it was not their product originally, I don't think they were legally able to make the fixes.

I actually thought it was a great little shunting route, but it's probably very dated by todays standards. I was able to able download a fix for the broken scenarios that somebody made, but I have no clue now where I got that from now.

5. olsbyn

olsbyn Active Member

@Jannerdunk I posted a link to the steam conversation in my thread where I ask for route suggestions, Peter found the route for me btw.
    According to Jay, a former DTG employee, the route was re-launched by mistake and he adivced DTG to take it down again. Fortunately they haven't since several freeware route depends on it, so I bought it while I could. The route itself is broken as scenarios doesn't work and there are severe sound issues, however the class 04 and rolling stock + the needed dependicies made it worth it for me, and I wouldn't advice anyone to buy it for any other reason.
    According to Jay's answers in that thread DTG was perfectly able to fix what was wrong but they couldn't get permission from Oovee.. not exactly a shock considering the turmoil around spintires.

6. trev123

trev123 Active Member

Here is a video that I found on how to fix the scenarios yourself.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Tbh it was the 04 I wanted it for, I'm not completely alien to the editor or editing files so if I do ever play with it I may fix it for personal use, that video will certainly be a good starting point too.

8. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Interesting links Peter, I think they're a little long for what I'm looking to approximate though.

9. TimeSlicedDanny

TimeSlicedDanny Active Member

I got it today out of curiosity and requested a refund within 10 mins.

The 04 has a terrible sound reverb. The cab is missing any internal light, and a driver. The route looks very dated and the only unique assets I could see were a rock loader and a windmill.

Be sure you know why you want it.

10. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Just watched the video (slow night at work don't judge me) so it's just the wagon numbers are wrong in the schedule, got it, easy fix then.
    As for tsd's report, I guess it's fine in my case as it's mostly going to be for ai and track filler.

11. olsbyn

olsbyn Active Member

Like I said I would only ever recommend it as a dependency for other routes, like some freeware routes from DPSimulations, the March madness sale has made me aquire quite a lot of routes I probably won't play but that has dependensies even for the SSS routes. I'm sure you can make the Hatchet Hill route work well to if you like tinkering with stuff like that.

12. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The Scenery assets are used in a number of Freeware routes so for a cheap price I was happy to buy it.
    Not bothered about the stock