Dtg, Please Dont Forget To Add The Ice/ic Trains On Hamburg Lubeck

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by kuchen0125, Mar 23, 2021.

1. kuchen0125

kuchen0125 Active Member

Hello Guys,

I am writing this in the hope that DTG will not forget the ICE / IC trains on Hamburg Lubeck.

There are 2 ICE between Hamburg and Lubeck.
    From Hamburg at 1 p.m.(ICE1582) and 9:03 p.m.(ICE584), arrival in Lübeck at 1:39 p.m and 9:42 pm.

Between Lubeck and Hamburg there are 2 ICE Trains and 1 IC Train
    From Lübeck the ICE's go by: 8:15 a.m.(ICE585) and 2:16 p.m.(ICE1585), arrival in Hamburg at 8:55 a.m. and 2:55 p.m.
    The IC's leave at 4:37 p.m. and arrive in Hamburg at 5.32 p.m (IC2415)

I hope I'm not late and my request will then be forwarded to the timetable creator

Best regards,

Kuchen0125

• Like Like x 10
  2. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The ICE's on Line 25 are ICE 1s and 2s, gradually being replaced now by ICE 4s. No ICE 3s.

• Like Like x 2
  3. zawal.belili

zawal.belili Guest

DTG, it's your turn now, get ready for the mad dog horde !!!

4. kuchen0125

kuchen0125 Active Member

For example: On the RE9 and RB87 in Munich Augsburg, the BR440 is in reality. In TSW2 BR425

I see there no problem, when there drive an ICE 3 between Hamburg and Lubeck in TSW2.

• Like Like x 7
  5. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

It raises an interesting question, and probably one for another thread, but what's preferred between having some form of ICE service (even if wrong), or completely missing it?

Personally I'd rather the ICE 3 appearing, and then if a ICE 4 is released changing it for this.

Your post adds absolutely nothing to the discussion...

• Like Like x 9
  6. solicitr

Remember what happened when they released BRB with the "wrong" DMU in it, or the multiple complaints about the 422 in SKA?

• Like Like x 1
  7. kuchen0125

kuchen0125 Active Member

Not really. Would an S-Bahn Munich 423 on the S19 be better than a North Rhine-Westphalia BR422? DTG would have to rebuild the entire interior with the 423 + other color in the destination display.

With the ICE, we have a neutral ICE 3 that is used all over Germany

• Like Like x 5
  8. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

BR Blue was a bit more than just the "wrong" DMU. It was initially described as being a loco pack, which set wrong expectations that it might contain a new loco / DMU.

There was a few complaints over the 422, but I think it's a better choice than having no S Bahn services.

• Like Like x 1
  9. seblay1608

seblay1608 Well-Known Member

That isn't correct, the ICE 3 is the most rare ICE im germany. It is mostly on highspeed routes with 300 km/h because there are no else trains with 300 km/h than the ICE 3 (/M / Velaro D).

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

Oh really? 403s can be seen all over Germany and limiting them to 300km/h Highspeed routes wouldnt make sense, because then they'd run a relatively short service Like only from Cologne to Frankfurt, but irl most of the services are extended via normal routes to Basel,Munic, Stuttgart, the Ruhrgebiet etc..... They are the only ones using 300kph high speed sections, but can be quite commonly found on every other Mainline too, in TSW e.g. RRO (for example ICE 103) HRR,RT and MSB (although only stopping at Aschaffenburg)

Edit: In fact, the ICE 3 is the most common ICE in Germany
    (,,Das ICE 3-Modell war 2019 im ICE-Bestand der Deutschen Bahn am meisten vorhanden.)
    source:https://de.statista.com/statistik/daten/studie/13343/umfrage/anzahl-der-ice-zuege-im-bestand-der-db-ag-seit-dem-jahr-2005/#:~:text=289 Intercity-Züge befanden sich,Zügen der Deutschen Bahn kontinuierlich.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  11. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Stick the ICE train in there, what harm can it do? It’s another service to drive. It doesn’t matter if it’s not 100% the correct train, especially if is just a couple of services in the day. It’ll match all the other German routes that have trains that are not exactly right, and the often token freight train or railtour added to UK routes. This should only be done if the game can handle the extra timetable layer of course. Now, which one to use? Everyone has the one included in SKA, so that would be more democratic.

The OP’s request was so polite too.

Pssst... this isn’t real life, and DTG simply cannot make every single type of train, so they use the ones they have so we can drive many varied services. There are more complaints when the tracks are empty.

• Like Like x 10
  12. suhler

suhler Member

A well-known train driver who has been working for the Deutsche Bahn for about 30 years once said to me: First of all, prove that it wasn't like that. ;)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  13. seblay1608

seblay1608 Well-Known Member

Okay, then I was wrong. But this trains are mostly in areas with highspeed routes or routes to other countries.

14. solicitr

Oh, no question that DB will improvise when it has to, just like any other railroad. I can remember green trains with the odd blue F-Zug coach stuck in. But I don't think in a simulator we would want to see six services a day of an ICE1 loco pulling a bunch of old m-wagen!

15. animatiker

animatiker Active Member

suhler
    Your second picture reminds me of one day almost 10 years ago when I wanted to take a photo of one of the last BR 110 rush hour services on Köln - Aachen in Ehrenfeld and they put a friggin Dosto car behind the pushing 110 (of course closed for passengers). Had a good laugh after that.

(sorry for being off topic)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

Since this is a DB licensed route, I think it might be out of DTG's hands if DB doesn't want them to use ICE in the route. This was one thing Sam and Adam mentioned in the roadmap stream yesterday that their hands are basically tied when it comes with licensed routes on what they want to do. So if DB doesn't want ICE3 on this route, we are not getting it.

17. kuchen0125

kuchen0125 Active Member

This only applies to your own paintwork. DTG is not allowed to create fancy liveries of the ICE 3 and therefore you cannot insert ICE logos into the livery designer