Help Needed On Sand Box Powering America Part 1

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by zoopy, Dec 29, 2020.

1. zoopy

zoopy New Member

Hi,

Ive looked at videos searched forums for this and cant find anything about it to help so im probably missing somthing or doing something wrong, but here is the situation.

Following the intructions given to setup the speed limiter etc it then tells you to release the breaks and power up, I do this but the "objective" doesnt change, just stays at "Get Moving - Realese Independent break and apply power"

Can you just ignore this and carry on and it will still pass the mission or does this have to be completed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

2. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

When I last played this scenario, it took about 10 minutes after bailing off for the next objective to appear. But it did appear. Or is this before loading the coal cars?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
  3. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

That part is no longer in the scenario. It was shortened.

See if this works for you:

• Like Like x 1
  4. zoopy

zoopy New Member

Lamplight Thank you!

It took a bit mind (more than in your video) 4 attempts and failed then set dynamic break by accident then released independent break and objective switched to next!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Ah yes, I remember now. What an elegant solution to the problem.;)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Lamplight

Glad I could help you. It seems that everyone has to find their own way to make it work. My method works reliably on my game and if you found a way to adapt my method for yours, then I‘m happy:)

The most elegant solution of all. Take a two part scenario and remove parts so that it no longer resembles a two part scenario in any way:D

• Like Like x 1
  7. fizpix

fizpix Well-Known Member

It's a glitch when the roadmap comes out that will be one of the things on the roadmap it's been broken since launch

8. Railguy83

Railguy83 New Member

Where in the roadmap are you seeing the upcoming fix. Unless I overlooked it, the Feb 23, 2021 Roadmap does not address it.

9. Railguy83

Railguy83 New Member

I have followed your video and messed with the independent braking system seven times and it doesn’t work. Do you have anything else to try?

10. fizpix

fizpix Well-Known Member

Mate it was a month ago it changes per 2 weeks

11. Railguy83

Railguy83 New Member

Ok thanks. I guess since it wasn’t on the latest, the fix is still being worked.

12. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Is this an Xbox-specific issue? I don't recall having any problems with that scenario

Or is it an erroneous instruction, that says "Independent Brake" when it means "Automatic Brake?" With a tail of 50 hoppers, you wouldn't be using the independent loco brake in the first place.

13. Lamplight

I‘m afraid not. It seemed like I needed to put the independent brake into bail-off immediately (as opposed to putting it in release first and then bailing off). This is the only workaround I can recall.

14. Railguy83

Railguy83 New Member

Maybe it is an Xbox issue only. I finally got it to go to the next step by messing with both breaks and the throttle, but then it wouldn’t move when I put increased the throttle.

15. Railguy83

Railguy83 New Member

Okay thanks anyway. Hopefully one day dovetail will actually fix it and not only mention it in their roadmap.

16. Rubinius

Rubinius Active Member

Hi,
    I also can't finish the task because the brake release is not registered (before loading the coal). I have already tried different combinations. Apply and release brakes, accelerate, etc. Unfortunately without success.
    I hope that there is still an update for this.
    That tasks can not be completed, apparently occurs more often, but not with all players and systems. With this also occurs on other routes. Sometimes you get further, sometimes not.
    I know for some this is not a big issue but I would like to complete all jobs little by little.