Ge Ac4400cw Ifd Operation

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Clive Smith, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Clive Smith

Clive Smith New Member

Hello.
    I have been trying to figure out how to operate correctly the IFD screen in the AC4400. It would appear that it controls slow speed and train length but I am having problems adjusting the speed to load coal. There is nothing in the manual about it so is it somewhere else?
    Thanks.
    Clive.

2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I cannot remember off the top of my head but there is tutorial that shows you how to load coal at low speed.

3. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I may be presuming too much, but my guess is that you're running the coal loading scenario in CSX. If so, the scenario contains specific instructions for setting slow speed, if I remember correctly (it's been quite a while since I ran that scenario). If you're running some other scenario or service, I suggest that you use the coal loading scenario as a tutorial. Hope this helps.

4. Clive Smith

Clive Smith New Member

I ran the Tutorial - Coal Loading - and it shows the IFD in its simplest form. On running the Scenario - Powering America Pt.1 - you have to operate the IFD to control speed and there is no help this time. It would appear that there are three or four different functions of the IFD. The speed one is controlled by the buttons on the screen. I have to figure out which ones do what. The selected speed can be increased or decreased by using those buttons and then set with another button. If there is no manual we definitely need one from DTG to operate this correctly.

5. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Now I understand what you're after; unfortunately, all of the manuals DTG has published for TSW routes so far contain a bare minimum of important -- or at least useful -- information. Thus, as you note, some of TSW's diesel engine cabs have functional computer-like control panels, but the only instructions for using them appear in regard to coal and aggregate loading and those are confined to a single feature.

Rudolf Heijink's TrainSim World starters guide (available at https://www.hollandhiking.nl/trainsimulator/index.php ), includes a bit more information, but full coverage of these displays as implemented in TSW remains unavailable. Perhaps cActUsjUiCe could provide something?

6. Clive Smith

Clive Smith New Member

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018