PlayStation Tsw Vs. Real Life (lirr)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ZeenozPlays, Dec 7, 2020.

1. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

It would be cool to have the full port washington branch. It is in the game but its a stupid shuttle service from woodside to penn station and back and it is supposed to be a 8, 10 or 12 car train not 6 cars

• Like Like x 2
  2. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I actually never knew PW has 8-12 Car Trains. That's another thing that could be fixed along with the possible inclusion of the PW Branch.

• Like Like x 2
  3. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Maybe in the future

• Like Like x 1
  4. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

I think I saw the EXACT video just the other day and was thinking the same thing when it went over the viaduct!
    I also watched Penn to Ron and Bab to Jam just to see how the central connects to the two. Then I watched Jam to W. Hemp just because I was curious. Always see the shuttle at Valley Stream (I frequent the Far Rock) and always wondered what that line was like. Now I wonder "why run 8 cars, then?"

• Like Like x 1
  5. ixofxiii

In all honesty, when I first saw TSW 2020 and it had LIRR, I jumped on it. But I also KNEW they weren't gonna get it 100% right. Especially with me knowing LIRR as much as I do (2nd behind NYC Subway. Former conductor). But I was happy that I had something "local" you know? I'm afraid for an NYC Subway route. There are those of us here who will tear it apart if it's not accurate. Look how we (myself included) has repeatedly complained on issues with TSW LIRR.
    It's still my go-to
    I still wanna see whistle and speed limit signs
    I still want extensions.
    We're probably not gonna get those.
    We do need more NA passenger rail though.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Turbojugend

Turbojugend Well-Known Member

Funny, I actually loaded up this route this morning for the first time in what seemed like forever. Took one look at the frame rate in Penn Station and said "Nope, not doing that."

7. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Yeah, a lot of us will be overly critical of an NYC Subway route if it's done incorrectly. I still do want one though. Also, I never even knew LIRR had Whistle and Speed Limit Signs, I've only been on it once.

I do know about the incorrect scenery in Brooklyn/Queens. I'm still disappointed in the way they modeled the 7 Train platforms and mezzanine at Woodside.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ixofxiii

Oh I want one too! And yeah, irl, those signs are there in half the spots they are suppose to be. Not all speed changes have a sign, but there are a lot more than what's in the game. And on my local line, the Far Rockaway, there's a lot of grade crossings and the "W" is placed wayside before each one. I've seen only what, 4 speed signs in the game ("40" on the Port Washington line just east of woodside, "30" on the Oyster Bay line just north of the jct with the main line at Mineola, a "40" west of Hicksville eastbound and the "30" at the Atlantic Ave Portal just west of Nostrand Ave Station) and zero W's.
    Mind you, as the continue to fix what they have, by the time the job's done, the real life line will have a whole new landscape and look, and I'm not just talking about M9s replacing M3s. Heck, one change is already in operation. The new portal to Vanderbuilt yard from Atlantic Terminal. No more changing ends in the tunnel. Imagine when East Side Access, The Main Line Third Track and Elmont Station opens?

• Like Like x 2