Train Sim World 2 - Arosa Approaches

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Oli R C

Oli R C Member

Unfortunately this is not the case. Jasper said as much in the first stream, and if you go to 52 seconds in the above video, you will hear him say...

'Please note, these features are purely visual, and won't affect AI trains.'

2. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

,,Please note this wont affect AI Trains....." So a train won't stop If it isnt sceduled to Stop, even if you press the button, but as a driver i think you'll get random stop requests.

3. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

No, at the end of the video they mention it's only a cosmetic feature. So if an AI train is supposed to go through the station without stopping, you can smash the button as furiously as you want, it won't stop. So basically the video is "press this button to turn on this light". A nice little feature... but without a working concept behind it... pretty meaningless.

• Like Like x 9
  4. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Maybe that feature should not have been included since it's pretty pointless if it's not gonna work

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  5. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

Yes this is common on the meter guage routes in Switzerland. If you have every run the ones in TS like the Berina Pass there will be random requests for stops at stations not scheduled stops both from inboard and from the station.

6. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

Useless feature, it is just eye-candy. I wish they had spent the time required to code this doing a better timetable instead. The use of cargo wagons would really increase the gameplay value.

• Like Like x 1
  7. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 8
  8. zawal.belili

zawal.belili Guest

Okay.
    So it's not really useful and so I think it was a waste of time.

Why start doing something and not make it 100% functional

Hmmm, well too bad, it would have been really cool to have him.

• Like Like x 1
  9. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

I’m a little confused as the video suggests that is the case but then he says at the end ‘these features are purely visual and won’t affect AI trains’. I don’t know what he means by that.

10. mrcharliemiggins2.0

mrcharliemiggins2.0 Well-Known Member

I think that that means that the AI trains will stop at the station anyway, regardless if the button is pressed or not

11. Oli R C

Oli R C Member

I think it means he's just wasted a minute of your time. :(

12. a.paice

Ah right ok, just a bit of extra immersion for those who travel as a passenger then.
    Fair enough

13. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

Yes, but If they arent sceduled to stop at certain stations like the service that Jamie did in the Stream, they won't stop even if the button is pressed.

14. Sharon E

Well tomorrow we will be able to see whether it does or does not work with AI trains.

15. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Actually there is a Arosa stream today as well

16. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

The request stop works if your already a passenger.Btw there are all ready random controls in various locos and cars that work but still do nothing so this isn't a new thing.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. Sharon E

I was actually referring to the release not the streams.

18. Michael Newbury

Today and tomorrow will have Jasper from Rivet so it would not matter

19. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Less than 10 minutes into the stream and we have been “promised” at least one and maybe two bug fixes “by the middle of April”.

So they are admitting that they are releasing unfinished buggy software and expecting us to pay good money for it. Why can’t they finish the product before release?

• Like Like x 1
  20. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Hold off buying until they implement the fixes...?

21. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Not the point. If they know there are bugs, it should not be released in that state

I’ve seen some comments on the stream relating to my questions saying about some 80/20 rule and citing Cyberpunk 2077 as examples of buggy releases. This just enforces my point as far as I’m concerned.

Maybe bugs are identified by users after release. Fair enough. However, it is sloppy to release software where known bugs exist. There is no excuse. In the days when all software was released on disk, they had to get it right as it would be too expensive to fix it later and send out disks to all users. Now that is not an issue, it is a case of release first and grab your money and fix later if you’re lucky.

As long as we, the customers, blindly accept this, it will continue.

• Like Like x 3
  22. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Watched most of the stream but some parts were like pulling teeth.

With all the groans about trees and request stops being lovely yet pointless.....

I’m curious no one has mentioned the mirrors?
    Great you can pop them out but might be old age here but... couldn’t see any reflection??

• Like Like x 2
  23. a.paice

It was very nice to see JD on a stream. He’s a natural at it and keeps the conversation flowing.

• Like Like x 1
  24. eurocityboy

eurocityboy Active Member

They've announced they're definitely not improving the scenery. I'm announcing I definitely won't buy the route.

• Like Like x 8
  25. whiteleym#4287

whiteleym#4287 Active Member

Their response was kind of like 'tough luck we're not even thinking of changing it, don't like it don't buy it.'

Very disappointing as the loco is one of the best I've seen so far in Tsw2!

• Like Like x 4
  26. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Name a bug free game. If you want perfect software, then you’ll never get any.

It’s good to know there will be fixes, that’s more than we get for a lot of DTG releases.

• Like Like x 2
  27. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The Arosa Line certainly looks significantly better with snow on the ground. The viaduct still looked bleak to my eyes, but as I’ll be in the train most of the time, I could live with it. Still not a day one purchase, but I’ll most likely buy it once bugs are fixed and the route is discounted. I felt let down by Rivet with IoW and as such it’s a route I rarely play now, so determined not to make the same mistake a second time.

The Ge 4/4 II is definitely modelled beautifully.

• Like Like x 4
  28. Cyklisten

Cyklisten Well-Known Member

Probably we will get some unofficial mods with improved textures, I hope so.

29. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

If that was the case nobody would have any routes for TSW. You wouldn’t even have the menu, that’s got bugs too. Everything has bugs when released and will still have bugs when your grandkids are drawing their pensions. It’s annoying but it’s always going to be the way.

• Like Like x 5
  30. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

This probably won't be possible (not easily at least) because of how lazily the route itself is made. Many mods can be made so fast because they basically change the texture file. They can't however take a different texture and replace only parts of the original with it. They can't easily put dark green under the trees or rock texture on the mountains, because they're all painted light green, they're all using one texture.

31. markhazeldine

markhazeldine Well-Known Member

I feel conflicted about purchasing after watching the 2nd stream and having a look at the TS version, a real life cab ride and the Clinchfield stream. Clearly the distant scenery in the new Arosa is awful. It looks especially bad in spring/summer and seems to be particularly bad around Chur. It looks far better in winter because the snow masks the barronness of the mountains. They said they've done this so they can focus on the simulation and the train, which is fair enough, but why can DTG manage to make Clinchfield scenery look fantastic? That route has 2-3x the number of trees.
    I may still purchase this route, but I want to make it clear to Rivet, if I buy it, it's because I love Swiss Railways, I like what they did with the loco and the town scenery, I really want to drive a Swiss route in TSW and I really want more Swiss routes to be released in the future, but please don't take it as confirmation that it's fine to ignore this distant scenery issue. It's not! You need to find a way to do it better. Even if it means painting the terrain dark green or using 2D trees in the far distance or some combination of approaches to make it "feel" more detailed. Something, ANYTHING, is better than bare mountains in bright green.

• Like Like x 3
  32. Cyklisten

Cyklisten Well-Known Member

OK, I didn't realize it, but you have a point. If it was that easy then Rivet could do it since the previous stream. But the main grass texture could be replaced anyway because it looks all washed out.

33. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I only got 5 mins into the stream on replay and turned it off. So scripted! JD talks too much, sorry JD

• Like Like x 6
  34. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I don't know what fantasy world you're talking about, but in the real world NO software company operates like that. Not even the ines with thousands of employees and revenues in the billions

35. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Rivet Games is a huge Letdown in TSW, first the 204 Timetable and then the Isle of Wight and now Arosa Linie.

• Like Like x 5
  36. eurocityboy

eurocityboy Active Member

It's not even that what they make is per se bad. It isn't. It often feels like it's 95% complete, yet they steadfastly refuse to do the 5% that's missing to make it great. This results in products with weaknesses that are so glaring and obvious and the attitude towards them so lackadaisical and dismissive that it's hard to see past them. When you compare this to the love and dedication that small developers like SimExpress, Armstrong Powerhouse and others pour into their products, you can't help but feel that Rivet see their customers as an unreasonable mob who needs to kept in check rather than a community who can be immensely supportive and understanding of small developers. Very few of us expect perfection. But quite a few of us appreciate consistent quality.

• Like Like x 6
  37. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

I probably regret it but i'm gonna break my wait 24hr rule,this is the one route worth the risk.

• Like Like x 3
  38. a.paice

That’s not really very constructive. I thought he was excellent and held the stream together.

He’s clearly a natural at it and keeps the conversation flowing, yet he manages to not dominate it too much to allow the others to speak.

• Like Like x 6
  39. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I like the snow on this route, but maybe there should be much more snow. In real life it may be a two meter high show layer and that is not modeled (at least I think)

40. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

With this common you do not do justice to what has been achieved with this route. There is a given budget for a route and I think altogether Rivet did a good job. If it is laziness, they would not have chosen this route, for which they needed to develop new signalling, new gauge, a new priority system, 29 tunnels, 19 viaducts and so on.

It can be easy to create a mod, but a mod does not work for consoles, usually is tested very limited and may not even work for all PC players. I also am aware of mods makes the game crash or freeze. A mod developer can do this and say sorry, but it is your own risk. Dtg and Rivet cannot do that. So this makes a huge difference. If there are texture mods, I will try them and I am grateful to the mod developers and I will kick them out if they do not work properly, but we simply cannot expect DTG or Rivet to do the same.

• Like Like x 1
  41. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

That’s fine. I just disagree that’s all and it’s only my personal opinion. In the other stream he did with Matt we went through a full run down of the James Bond films. I only just managed to get through that stream too

• Like Like x 3
  42. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Like I said, don't buy it, wait until it's fixed, if you buy it then your last sentence will stay true.

43. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

2A519012-97D9-4F46-9A71-48332B211D12.jpeg FEC79A08-0756-4D55-8916-7165807D5955.jpeg WTH is this ? Am I playing a 2021 video games or a PS2 one ? Even on GTA SA the rocks are more detailed this is a shame honestly and I didn’t talked about the random derailment occurring during the ride ( no I wasn’t speeding )
    PS: I’m on PS4 but there’s no excuses if you look at how Red Dead Redemption 2 graphics are for a 2018 game... sorry after the disappointment from IOW I can’t trust you anymore Rivet Games

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  44. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Arosabahn… Minecraft version!

• Like Like x 8
  45. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

This is ridiculous and it’s filled with bugs do they test their stuff ? No... the only good news is that the GE 4/4 ii and its coaches is well detailed

• Like Like x 4
  46. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Bedrock Edition :D

• Like Like x 1
  47. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I am waiting for some user reviews and Steam scores.

48. Sharon E

Still not released on PC in the eastern US. I am waiting so I can cancel this and use the money for Clinchfield.

• Like Like x 1
  49. Michael Newbury

Arosa has not released Western Canada yet either, still waiting myself rather disappointed.

50. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Go to Steam page and check timer - when 'SPECIAL PROMOTION ends'. I am UTC +1 = ~20 min. ETA