Functions Of These Buttons:

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Thel Vadamee33, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Thel Vadamee33

Thel Vadamee33 New Member

What are the functions of these buttons:

- Spare
    - Train Supply
    - DRA
    - LED Test
    - DSD
    If anyone could explain all of these, I will be extremely grateful. I am a noob, I know.

• Like Like x 1
  2. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Some of those are decoration and don't do anything because their functions IRL are not vital to driving a train...

Train Supply turns on an off the lights in the passenger cars. Dim = lights off, Bright = lights on.

DRA prevents you from turning on the power while it is on. Used when stopped to act as a reminder to check something before setting off (usually a red signal to look out for) as you don't want to take power then realize you still need to be stopped.

DSD is the pedal that one uses to reset a DSD alarm. Ignore it, you don't need to touch it.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thel Vadamee33

Thel Vadamee33 New Member

Thank you very very much, I really appreciate that. :)

4. stay4evergaming

stay4evergaming Member

unless of course you have activated DSD and/or AWS then you will need to press the pedal when the DSD alarm goes off(this is to make sure the driver is still alert active and present at the cab desk)

5. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Or you hit A and both DSD and AWS are reset-in which case you still ignore the DSD. Why would anyone look down at their feet to manually hit DSD when it goes off?

6. stay4evergaming

stay4evergaming Member

well that depends on if you want to run a full point and click sim or if you want to simplify it but yes you have a good point i do tend to just use the button that does both would be nice to have a cab controller with a foot pedal mind you

7. ComesBrothers

ComesBrothers New Member

I sometimes also play with this, gives me just that little bit extra of a real train driver:D
    If you press B button you press DSD and AWS button, and sometimes I look down and press DSD with A just to test :P