Possible Use Another Joysticks?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Ratten_B, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Ratten_B

Ratten_B New Member

It is Possible to use another Joysticks with axis and buttons to TSW2?
    for TS is the Raildriver and Joysticks Interface and for TSW ? idk

*sorry for this bad english :(

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Drakoz

Drakoz Active Member

TSW2 does not yet support generic joysticks and throttle controllers and only limited support for Raildriver, but improving. Generic game controller support seems to have been removed from the roadmap, so I don't know the future of that feature.

If you are talking about the TS Raildriver and Joystick Interface by CobraOne (found here: Atomic Systems - View Topic - TS2015 Raildriver Interface - 1-95 (uktrainsim.com) ), no that will not work for TSW.

I have a script to allow Thrustmaster TARGET compatible controllers to control most the locomotives in TSW. I am testing with TSW2, but haven't released an update yet. It supports Thrustmaster devices like the Warthog Throttle, TWCS Throttle, or soon I will add the Airbus TCA throttle quadrant. You can find it here: Thurstmaster Target Script For Warthog Throttle + Saitek Tq Profile | Dovetail Games Forums. I have not added TSW2 locomotives yet - soon. As long as Dovetail does not have generic game controller support, I will continue to slowly update my script, but each locomotive must be added one at a time.

There were a couple other efforts to add Raildriver support to TSW, but not generic joystick support.

One is by Crrispy (Gandalf) which can be found here: TSW et Raildriver, c'est parti! - Add-ons et utilitaires - RailSim-fr.com (railsim-fr.com). Crrispy ceased work on his software because he felt the effort by S. Yamakazi was more advanced, and also because Raildriver support is now being added to TSW2.

S. Yamakazi's effort can be found here: GitHub - Yamazaki93/TSWRDConnector. This too only adds Raildriver support. This project also has not been updated since last summer, but I don't know anything else about it.