Arosalinie: Chur - Arosa Available Here

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by dreampage, Mar 24, 2021.

1. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

This is where you'll find the Arosalinie: Chur - Arosa DLC on Xbox: https://www.microsoft.com/p/Train-Sim-World-2-Arosalinie-Chur---Arosa/9N2NNF1LW7LF

The link will take you to your local Microsoft Store page according to your location setting. The DLC will become purchasable at midnight local time. Also, as with other content it's possible that the Xbox Live achievements for this route will be activated only later in the day, so it might be a good idea to wait with completing the tutorial, etc.

2. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Xbox achievements are visible in my achievements list so should be all good.

3. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

30 Euro? No, Thanks.

Note: On PC, also for this DLC, like for the previous Diesel Legend (In addition to the perma discounts and the March Madness), they have the 10% of discount.
    I'm sorry but I am not your goose that lays the golden eggs.
    If things don't change quickly (equal treatment?)
    I will drastically reduce my financial support by limiting myself to buying only what I consider indispensable.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

Then buy a PC.

Both Microsoft and Sony take a cut of the profits when a sale is made, hence why pre-order discounts on DLC especially, are rarely something that you will ever see.

If you don't like it, then don't buy it, or in your case, move to a platform that better suits your discounted DLC pre-ordering needs.

As DTG have said many times before, they don't expect everyone to buy all of the DLC that they release, just that which interests them, so if you don't consider this to be "indispensable", then that is fine.

• Like Like x 4
  5. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Here -> https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/search/tsw2 arosa line

If you give me all the money I spent from the first TSW1 to date, without skipping any DLC and Add-ons for a total amount of well over 1000 dollars, I will do it right away.

Think before you write no?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

Firstly as the other person said both sony and Microsoft take cuts and dtg only get a little whereas on steam they get it all, now im like you and gave both tsw 1 and tsw 2 dlc it is frustrating yes but nothing will ever change

• Like Like x 1
  7. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Both you and the other user have not noticed that the 10% discount is also on the Playstation Store.
    The link is above.
    I don't have the crystal ball to predict the future ... When I bought TSW (3 years ago) Microsoft's policies weren't the same as today, nor could I have predicted today's Sony policies.
    I bought the product and it is the same for all 3 platforms. If there's a problem between Steam and Microsoft (or Sony) and something they should handle. At the most, if I change manager, I can pay for the operation (as happens in banks) but I do not find it ethically legal that we have to buy it all over again. It is clear and obvious that this is a stretch, a blackmail. I want to change manager because I am dissatisfied but I cannot otherwise I have to buy back "copyright licenses" which I have already paid dearly for. We are talking about a digital work! The same digital work, not a different one. Do you pay for the operation (service) from Microsoft to Steam?
    Not at all! You pay back every single digital product you already own! Does it seem ethically legal to you? Legalized yes but legal absolutely not.

8. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing this!
    As someone who owns TSW on PlayStation and Xbox, I can tell you personally saving 10% from pre-ordering or buying it day one and to be honest instead of going through the steps to get that 10% off on PlayStation, I’d rather give DTG my extra $2 if it goes towards making more routes in the future. I get my $30 of fun with a route. Do you honestly believe DTG purposely keeps sales from coming to Xbox? Could you explain why every TSW dlc (not TSW2) is 10% off right now and has been since it’s induction into Gamepass, which can be used in TSW2. If they want us paying full price for everything? Thinking that this is solely DTG’s choice the fact that they are open to sales on other platforms shows it’s more to do with the platform holder.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

just an FYI, the PlayStation 10% discount only applies to PlayStation Plus subscribers.
    Also, iirc, Xbox and all platforms were offered a 10% discount at launch for the LGV route.

As for TSW discounts on Xbox, they only apply if you are subscribed to gamepass or ultimate gamepass. It applies to any DLC for titles available with gamepass and not just TSW and also to the game itself for when XBox takes a game off gamepass.
    I let my subscription to gamepass expire a year ago. If I go to look at TSW on the store now, it's full price, as are the DLCs.

Also, for those saying that content should be transferrable from console to PC, don't even go there. There are 3 separate corporations involved and 3 lots of coding required as each system is different and has different operating systems and terms and conditions. You are buying the game/licence on that system. They are not cross-platform and never will be.
    Even when GTA V released on PC, console owners had to pay for the game again if they wanted to play on PC. When GTA V released on PS4/XB1, PS3/XB360 users had to pay for the title again if they wanted to play on the newer systems. There was no free upgrade to the better system.
    At least with TSW content, most of it (barring NEC) has been ported over to TSW2 as preserved collection content and it was made available for free in TSW2 if you already owned the content in TSW2020. DTG could have said, we're bringing most of the TSW routes to TSW2 but you've got to pay for it all again.

No company is required to give you access to multiple platforms for just one purchase as there are licences involved for the different companies involved. Licences can't be transferred between systems. You can't buy an Xbox key for a game and expect to redeem it on PlayStation or Steam.

Personally, I'm glad that consoles don't get sales that often on TSW content. To me it just means saving up until there is a sale and then buying DLC I want a bit cheaper.
    Also, as said above and multiple times by DTG staff on live streams, they don't control sales/pre-orders on consoles. They have to wait until MS or Sony offer them slots in sales. Steam is a completely different system and allows more freedom with sales.

• Like Like x 2
  10. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

If you like, as far as I'm concerned, in addition to the full price you can attach as much money to support and encourage the team you praise so much. I think I already gave them what I owed. But then, if you really wanted to support DTG, instead of waiting 2 years to get the old content at a discounted price, you could have done like me by buying it on day one at full price. Wouldn't that have been more profitable for them? :)
    I wait for you to pass the infatuation from first love, then in case we talk about it again.

But please first explain to me why we on Xbox have to pay 10% more than everyone else. Does this seem correct to you?
    Speaking as a train enthusiast, I can tell you that it is quite difficult to wait 1 or 2 years to buy a product you love at a discounted price. TSW is a niche product, absolutely not for everyone. Like any other similar game. Those who love it buy everything (or almost). Everyone else, the mass, at the limit takes the base game (what we call Core) but will rarely give it a sequel. I have many of friends who have done so.
    Those who distribute video games, those who decide prices and discounts (and when to implement them) have studied these things at university. Believe me, there is nothing random about marketing, everything is perfectly studied and planned (with a lot of psychology) to perfection. Does buying old TSW routes right now make sense to you? Not for me, because if I like something, if I have a passion, that route, if not on day one, I'll buy it soon. Probably giving up something else. They are called priorities. And I repeat that those who manage all this have studied certain mechanisms at the university. However, we inevitably ended up off topic.
    And I'd like you to explain to me why Xbox customers have to pay 10% more at launch than those using the same product from a different platform.
    But I could also have told you: On Xbox the balances on the old routes are now there, on the Playstation there were a few months after launch. And they are also much more frequent.

So why don't you switch to Playstation? The answer I have already provided above (in the previous post).

Note: Your quote is fantastic.
    Think about playing, you have a long way to go ... :)

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
  11. appledates#4945

On another note. Really enjoyed the tutorial on Arosa. Such a fantastic locomotive and passenger cars, the best I’ve seen in TSW2. The train itself is very fun and unique to drive. I also didn’t realize just how narrow narrow gauge railroads are, but it’s really cool to see a different width to the track. I also enjoyed having a reason to use my horn, as driving through the city automotive traffic is crossing over the rails for the first time in TSW2. Although we have driven up mountains before there is nothing quite like this experience. Not only are you climbing up 6% grades but you are literally climbing up the sides of mountains that sometime have you feeling your going to go flying off the edge, I haven’t experienced a feeling of heights in TSW2 like this route pulls off.

• Like Like x 1
  12. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Sales for XBox and Playstation games are completely controlled by Microsoft and Sony. DTG have no say in the matter. Steam is much more cooperative with developers.

• Like Like x 3
  13. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/search/tsw2 arosa line

If the above is true then I was wrong. I'm sorry but I'm not familiar with the Playstation Store. I went to the link and it says "Save 10%". What that tiny yellow symbol means, I human cannot know. "Powers" of marketing (in the meantime, come in, the surprise of the subscription we'll show you later!) :)

As far as I may disinterest, what I think I wrote above. TSW is a product spread over time, over the years. Nobody can predict and anticipate the changes in strategy of the managers of the various platforms. Laws are notoriously made to protect citizens. Frankly, it doesn't matter to me or a judge about the various policies and codes behind a single product. We pay to buy a product. The capillary and twisted bureaucracy made up of codes, licenses and sub-licenses I leave to the bureaucrats, who are paid for what they do. We customers buy a video game to be able to play it, without too many fuss. Otherwise buying a video game would become a job and usually if I work I get money, I'm not paying.
    All this to reiterate that if I want to change the platform I have to be free to do so because technicalities apart from what I am going to use is the exact same thing and paying it twice, reads or doesn't read it is a real scam for me. And I explained the reasons above.
    You can pay for a service to switch from platform A to platform B. You re-download the digital product at your own expense (connection is a cost).
    But paying the exact same thing twice that just isn't! It makes no sense and finds no reasons.

I am of the opinion that for a videogame for which up to now more than 1000 dollars/euros have been spent, there cannot be a law that binds you to the single platform. The customer is thus effectively forced not to switch platforms. The world is being updated, even jurisprudence should adapt. And I repeat, the digital work that I am going to use (the product) is the same.

• Like Like x 1
  14. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

As an Xbox user, I agree that it is not an ideal situation but it has been explained many many times on the forum. TBH, I don’t think it’s worth the stress over £2.50.

• Like Like x 1
  15. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

The entire dlc Is worth only 10€ for the Loco, the rest is absolute Garbage.
    Even the Train Simulator Route looks 100% better as this, Well Done Rivet to screw the TSW community

16. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

I totally agree, its more about making a massive stink and scene about something because people seem to need to actively build sodding mountains in places they definitely don't need to be..........

• Like Like x 1
  17. nockwurst

nockwurst Well-Known Member

Then don’t buy it. No one is making you buy it.

• Like Like x 3
  18. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

There was a launch discount for HMA for Xbox. You do not normally need a paid Xbox network account for the launch discounts. Haven't seen new add-ons with a launch discount lately on Xbox, other than those with games on Game Pass.

19. appledates#4945

No doubt Arosa has more charm then any of your “favorite” German routes. I guess Rivet is supposed to be responsible for fixing the pop-in issues that have plagued TSW from the beginning.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

The 10% discount is for ps network ps plus whatever its called not for all playstion players, and to be honest I did notice the discount as my friend hentis got the discount. and what did you have to pay for again exactly, you do realise that sony, Microsoft and steam are 3 different companies so of course you would have to buy all the stuff again. I did when I changed to xbxo and I didnt moan about the legality of it, I just got on with my life instead of complaining on the dtg forums if you dont like something then do not buy it

• Like Like x 3
  21. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

Xbox does sometimes offer discounts on new releases the day it comes out. Usually a few dollars so nothing special because taxes end up adding it all back.

22. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

You want some chips to go with all that salt?

23. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member