Southbound Scenario

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by games4achievements, Mar 25, 2021.

1. games4achievements

games4achievements Member

Shortly before the end of the scenario (about 500m before the last station) the locomotive brakes by itself.

Now I can't get the locomotive to run. Can someone help me ?

Attached Files:

2. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

Are you driving with safety systems on and did not acknowledge the warning?

3. games4achievements

games4achievements Member

I usually drive without that, but yes you are right it is the train protection system. Think that is part of the scenario or a bug.

4. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Could someone explain the saftey system at all? Is it automatically enabled or do we have to turn a switch like other locomotive safety systems in TSW?

5. jonharris

jonharris New Member

The deadman’s switch cut off under the switch panel to the left connects/ disconnects the ZS if it’s set to cut in when you pass a danger aspect distant signal a warning tone will come on and a button will flash next to the door controls if you don’t acknowledge it the train will brake automatically.
    Incidentally it’s worth noting there’s a glitch and it only appears to trigger at 3-4 different points on the route so it’s easy to miss what it is because it’s not constantly going off like say AWS/ DSD. HTH.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

Oh! I never would have thought that switch was the one for the safety systems. Thank you for taking the time and explaining this, and it’s good to know that it only will trigger at certain spots, not as intended. Very much appreciate it!