PC Arosa Various Bugs

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by fabristunt, Mar 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

AFB not maintaining correct speed, always slight under target speed.

Headout camera reversed: right arrow activates LEFT headout camera and viceversa.

Headout camera view angle restricted: I cannot look towards the back of the train, just 90 degree to the side and back towards the cab.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Dr. Viking

Dr. Viking Member

The hand´s on this clock at Litziuti station are a bit off.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  3. jörgen Näslund

jörgen Näslund Well-Known Member

Going downhill in first scenario
    the train goes jumpy (back and forth in speed fast) in sharp curves. in a switch I derailed even though I kept the speed due to this. Second time i just drive 15 km/h in the switch and i not derailed.
    I must depends on couples getting tense in the curves.
    I meet a Ai train but pantograph was down.
    But the rest is pretty good. I like the route. I have PC I have 80-90 fps

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
  4. Blu

Blu Active Member

I watched last nights review this afternoon, and with regards bugs which they admitted and would be fixed during April. My question is if you are aware of the bugs? Why not hold off releasing it till they have been fixed in April?

Its good that they advised us of them and that gives us the option to wait until its been fixed.

However I would have thought anyone purchasing the route pre April fix should be given a discount. ( I noted some console people get a 10% discount already. I dont know enough about consoles and how they work to comment on that.)

• Like Like x 1
  5. fabristunt

Same here. The train is bobbing like crazy and I derailed in the first scenario while driving slowly.

• Like Like x 3
  6. fabristunt

I suspect that the TSW physics engine is at the limit and cannot really cope with the inclines and rolling stock.

Edit: also, the sound isn't affected by opening the windows. COME ON!

• Like Like x 2
  7. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Please do submit a ticked if you are derailing unexpectedly. We are currently gathering feedback and this will get looked into. Submitting a ticket will allow us to find the cause of the problem faster.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Blu

Blu Active Member

In the review last night, it was pointed out that it is easy to derail if you don't follow the driving skills needed. You need to Juggle the Vacuum Brake and the (Dynamic brake) If you allow the coaches to run into the back of you the train will derail (Vacuum brake operates the train brake) But you will also need to use the dynamic brake otherwise you will run out of control. (So if you haven't done this then its not a bug! I should have added earlier) :)

9. DTG Natster

You might find this video helpful also. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWLTmQEzG-4

• Like Like x 1
  10. jörgen Näslund

I come down and get a gold star. I use dynamic brake 100% but still have to use vacuum brake to hold the speed down.
    And I drove half the speed needed in switches for not derail
    But something is wrong with train at least downhill, it is so jumpy every time it is sharp curve. and evidently I am not alone.
    But maybe I should only have 50% dynamic brake and rest vacuum brake I don't know if it be any difference

11. SamTDS

SamTDS New Member

vacuum braking is the main used when with other carriages, this is because it applies braking across the whole train instead of just the loco where the weight behind you could push you off the track. This was described in the second pre-release stream yesterday

• Like Like x 1
  12. jörgen Näslund

You right and wrong. If using the dynamic brake you shall not derail. Why the having this on loco in first place.
    You shall use the dynamic brake so the so that there is not so much wear on the train and that you return power back to other trains
    and it not explain why the train should not jerk back and forth in curves when using it.
    I have seen this on other simulators MSTS long way back and some train in trainsimulator 2021. if you drive slowly, you can even be pulled back. I am pretty sure it is coupling problems. They are too tense, they should be more slack

13. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

This is nonsense. If you go downhill and start braking with just the locomotive (which dynamic brake does), the cars stack up on the couplers and don't bump you anymore, they sit comfortably on the couplers, the train has its "minimum length". Especially in Switzerland they heavily rely on dynamic brakes for all trains. IDK where this weird concept for blended braking came from, but trust me - they would use ONLY the dynamic brake and then use the vacuum to STOP at the station. Using vacuum brakes on the whole downhill run would send you to a repair shop really fast as you would melt the brakes off.

• Like Like x 2
  14. jörgen Näslund

Looking at stream Matt having now. I see theirs train is much smother than mine. In the Hud the acceleration knob
    On my train downhill it moves lot forth and back. Theirs is not. There drive maybe in consoles me PC
    But when theirs train is coming to first station and go through the first switch in the right position i can see some of the problems even in theirs train. and that was where I derailed.
    For me it was huge acceleration increase speed and one second later decrease speed (30 km/h)
    and soon after i derailed

15. damianchilds

damianchilds Member

Anyone else had the bug where you can’t select anything after you get out of selecting a route or livery

Attached Files:

16. SamTDS

SamTDS New Member

can barely see the screen properly due to the rgb all around shining into the lens. from a quick glance i belive you are in one of the overlays your console has for recording and thus taking the input away from tsw2

• Like Like x 1
  17. fabristunt

I wrote in the other topic that I was using the correct tecnique. But that's just an excuse by RIvet: in the second scenario I just derailed at 1 km/h while starting after connecting the 2 freight cars.
    There is something bigger that's messed up.

18. fabristunt

This was confirmed on the streaming, thanks Matt. I will make a support ticket later today.

19. Blu

Blu Active Member

A driver of any passenger train in any country wouldn't allow the train behind the loco, especially a passenger train to free wheel into the loco. This is bad practice and can lead to derailments let alone other issues.

You need to keep your train under control and providing a comfortable ride. The last thing you want with a fitted train is your coaches wagons etc bunching up behind the loco.

End of! If you have a train brake you use it when hauling a train. The Dynamic brake is solely for the locomotive and is never used alone on stock like this.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
  20. fabristunt

Just derailed again while departing from Langweis. I wasn't breaking, I was at a steady 20 km/h. This is BS.

• Like Like x 1
  21. jörgen Näslund

Now the Matt in stream says it is wrong for some of us (or all of us). Now dynamic brake should not be used at all.
    until they find a solution to the problem. I have send a ticket now

22. jörgen Näslund

Just drive 10-15 km/h in switches I think it will work for you. At least for me.

23. Blu

Blu Active Member

Last thing I heard him and Jasper say was they were looking at making the braking simpler to make it more enjoyable for people who haven't got the time to learn how to use it correctly. (diplomatic response)

24. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

So all American trains going downhill only on dynamic brakes risk derailing? Ok...

• Like Like x 3
  25. fabristunt

I also derailed at less then 2 kmh when departing after attaching wagons. This is a deeper issue, and going 15 kmh isnt really a fix. Rivet needs to make some changes. Maybe Simugraph isn't suitable for narrow gauge and such grades.

26. SamTDS

SamTDS New Member

the American use of dynamic braking is for long distances downhill to reduce the heat generated by the brakes and maintain pressure. anyways most of the time on the long trains they also have helper locomotives at the rear end that mimic the controls from the front

• Like Like x 1
  27. Blu

Blu Active Member

American Freight trains don't use dynamic brakes alone! Its not a substitute for train brakes its used along side the train (airbrake).

• Like Like x 1
  28. SamTDS

SamTDS New Member

the derailing is known about ane even mentioned in the seccond pre-release stream. they are working on finding the cause

• Like Like x 1
  29. jörgen Näslund

Yeah its some here haven't have a clue about drive a train. Dynamic brake its main brakes to hold train speed.
    only when it is not enough should you apply the train brake. or to brake completely to a stop.

But in Europe one should be a little careful using them they are best suited for automatic coupling.
    But here in Sweden i know the driver use it much even in heavy trains 4000 tons

30. Blu

Blu Active Member

Wrong!! Only in modern passenger stock maybe. But not in American freight trains or any other.

• Like Like x 1
  31. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

End of? You can’t say that after the utter bunkum you have written. The dynamic brake is there specifically for controlling a train on a downward grade. Now I don’t know for sure if the drivers on this line wouldn’t put a small amount of train brake on (a few percent) or whether they use only the dynamic brake but they would never use just the train brake.

Matt did that on the stream only to make sure there wasn’t a derailment because of a bug in the game with the dynamics.

32. SamTDS

SamTDS New Member

extending this even in the intercity 225 also known as the class 91 in the UK the primary brakes is air. dynamic does have a noticiable effect but is insufficient for the braking distances related with our signalling

• Like Like x 1
  33. Blu

Blu Active Member

The dynamic brake is solely on the locos and helps take the load off the train brakes by using the shear weight of the locomotives but that will not do it alone. you still need to use the train brake air or vacuum to control the rest of the vehicles in the consist. So not bunkum at all!!

• Like Like x 1
  34. Rutger Luiten

Rutger Luiten Active Member

Here is my list of bugs

-There is always a magic gap between the loco and the wagons, even when phussing, the same bug is with the BR204.
    -The vacuum selector doesn't work, in TS21 is does.
    -AI trains stop at the wrong place at stations.
    -Atmosphere lightning is not natural, some parts to bright other parts like the bogies aren't visible, just complete dark, even in the summer.
    -Why are the 2 liveries, useless same with the BR204
    -The resolution of the textures of trees on the lumberwagons is very low.
    -A lot of mouse controls aren't working correctly, from 0% straight to 100% and reverse.
    -The whistle isn't always working.
    -What is the right way to reset the loco, just turning the master switch?
    -Is there a way to select the front or rear pantograph?
    -Why does the rear light of the loco automatically turn of when coupled to a wagon?

• Like Like x 1
  35. dbrunner#4864

dbrunner#4864 Well-Known Member

Blu stop talking crap if you don't have any idea how a Electric brake works. When electric brake is used powerful fields are generated inside the traction motor in order to transform the forward movement off the train in to energy and thus slow the train down. This is the main braking method for all the trains descending heavy slopes of even during braking at high speed. The current that is produced due to electric braking is either dissipated as heat around the roof area (dynamic braking) or current is returned back to the overhead wires (regenerative braking) (Tgv; Obb/DB modern infra)
    For US dynamic brake is main method of slowing heavy trains down slopes. At huge loads using only air brakes results in increased wear and in case of heavy freight it can even melt the brake pads. Other danger if you continuosly adjust the air brake you run the risk of emptying the main air reservoir before it can be recharged resulting in no brakes. This has happened with deadly outcome.
    If you guys talk to real train drivers or see some documentary/ cabview's from OBB or US or any other country where there are steep slopes they will confirm that dynamic is a must for safety. Electric brake is just like a reversed power extremely powerful and wear free since unlike brake pads/discs , the rotor is slowed by the magnetic field.
    I hope that this clears some things out and Blu stops swing the weirdest things possible about dynamic braking.

• Like Like x 2
  36. Blu

Blu Active Member

Bit Rude!!! I think you find if you re read what I posted!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I said the Dynamic brake is used by the locomotive to assist with the train brake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It takes the heat off the train brake!!!!!!! What some are saying here is its the only braked used!!!!!! So I'm not talking Crap!!!!! You need to read what is written!!!!!!!!!

37. bartolomaeusz

bartolomaeusz Well-Known Member

R1432: Arosa-Chur, horn does not work, gradient indicator is reversed, and the stop at Litzirueti is missing.

38. jörgen Näslund

You quite mad you know that. Stop lying here. we are now many people who say that you are completely wrong.

39. Blu

Blu Active Member

40. eire007

eire007 Active Member

Hahahaha I’m so happy, all of you buying the game and as always they are full of bugs, What’s new....
    Learn your lesson. Stop buying on first release and if you do. Stop whinging. You are getting what you deserve

41. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Maybe it is better to create one thread for each bug, now bugs may get lost in the mass and the discussion on braking techniques. It is a bit hard to complain about braking if you do not follow the instructions given by Rivet, whether they are right or wrong.

• Like Like x 2
  42. DTG Natster

I am locking this thread as the conversation is digressing into argumetns. We have made sure your feedback has been noticed. And if you experiece any more technical issues please do let us know.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.