PlayStation Iow Patch Needed

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mkdog45, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

Hello everybody,

Isle of Wight needs a patch to fix a lot of outstanding issues. I am wondering if Rivet Games have got plans to do a patch or if they are abandoning IOW to focus on Arosa now.
    Below this post I will gather everything that needs to be fixed that has been report and that I have seen.
    Jasper_Rivet

Feel free to comment what needs fixing below as well.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Missing trophies. Nat gave a vauge comment about why they never made it to the PlayStation system on a thread a few months back. Inquired further and never got a proper answer as to both why left out and if they will ever appear.

and good work for this post.

Lovely little route that has been forgotten by developer and myself as a customer too.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

Not having a working brake gauge under the speedometer on the HUD. It use to be there but not been there for ages now. Submitted a ticket ages ago but still not fixed. The ticket reply was it would be passed on to Rivet but nothing has been done.

4. Mkdog45

Jasper_Rivet Please could you pass these of to the respective teams:

1. Lake Station pops in late
    2. AI trains don't have passenger lights on
    3. AI trains travel without headlights on
    4. The destination boards on the train don't show up on both ends.
    5. I have seen people saying that the buttons have return to being angular.
    6. The BIL light doesn't turn on when doors opens (orange light at the top on roof like what the 377, 1972, 465, 375 and 395s have.)
    7. The stop marker boards (like s car stop) needs to put in, in the opposite direction. For example at Ryde Esplanade there is a marker towards Shanklin but not towards the pier head.
    8. The stop marker at the end of the route (both ends) stops way before the buffers.

[Improvements]

1.The water texture needs to be improved.
    2. Change the tech so that the signals don't wait for you to shut doors but instead when the train stops (like Southeastern).
    3. Add working PIS - This shouldn't be that hard if Rivet ask for the Plugin. Then they just need to change the existing boards for the new PIS and that is done and can use the boards in Southeastern High Speed like East Coastway will soon have.

• Like Like x 2
  5. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Complete All Scenarios trophy does not work for all players -
    Rivet Response, core issue speak to DTG.
    DTG - Response, Rivet are responsible for fixing their DLC's
    Customer - left without a solution at all

• Like Like x 5
  6. Turbojugend

Turbojugend Well-Known Member

There's also an issue where resuming a saved game disables the open/close door shortcuts on the d-pad. Using the dashboard buttons works fine though.

Man, I'd love to see improved water textures. I was playing PGA Tour 2K21 this morning and was drooling over those water textures.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mkdog45

I have just driven on the line again and have found that:
    Audio doesn’t change even if you open the front door or windows.
    The signal at the end of Sandown station shows a yellow aspect but on the hud it shows a green one.
    The headlights look a bit odd with their bulbs like that.
    Door open buttons doesn’t illuminate.
    943E1F75-0672-43EB-A032-226E1E7F8CF5.jpeg E693BC36-1694-41D4-A0A7-6C8CBDC536E7.jpeg 7C6207D0-5100-4D35-93B2-8FCE38AABAF2.jpeg A6CE1C11-3322-440A-AF3D-D8A2AE418066.jpeg 8E8D7E63-9203-48F2-9892-1D614F41664E.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  8. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It seems difficult to meet the schedule unless using Forward 2, which we were told isn’t used due to the state of the rolling stock.

Sounds still aren’t right. For example, when doors close on the train, rain sounds drop dramatically- even if windows are open. Standing up in the train when it’s raining causes the sound to vary.

The scenarios are poorly curated e.g. reversing the train before changing ends etc.

Wheel slip in power position one.

When applying the brakes, you get a clicking sound moving the brake lever into position one, but you don’t get similar clicking sounds in the other braking positions so you don’t get a satisfying acknowledgment you’ve engaged a higher brake setting.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  9. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

I always use Forward 2 on IOW it definitely gives you an extra kick forward up to speed.

I definitely agree about the scenarios but I will spare everyone by not going there again! :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. DaVeTheDaVer

DaVeTheDaVer Member

Oh yes thats so bad. Also have this Problem at the arosa line

• Like Like x 2
  11. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

What's "Forward 2" not played this module yet, so any help is appreciated.

12. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

Bit like on the 1972 Tube stock, Rate switch 1 and 2. Forward 2 is to give you a boost.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

There are often missing trophies on all platforms , not sure if it is being looked at though

14. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Glad I’ve not given Rivet any money yet.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

not popping is one thing but completely missing here. No idea if they will ever be added as rivet and DTG have been dodging the question for some time now.

I know you are on Xbox, and it’s very weird the way they “appear” in the achievement list up to a day after the new dlc has launched.

xbox has all IOW achievements, PS folk have a lowly 4 trophies.

16. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’m still simmering over the measly four trophies in the PS4 version. What could have possibly gone wrong to cause this mistake and why will it never be fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

you are not alone on this one. I only have 3 of the 4, yet to complete 20 services.

it’s been reported before, Nat even replied on another thread but nothing. I asked why they were left out as it was done on propose apparently :|

• Like Like x 1
  18. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

The decision to only add 4 trophies was intentional. Not having all of them work however was not. I am currently in communication with Rivet to see what can be done about making them all achievable.

I will make no promises, but I will keep you up to date with any news I get.

I have also made sure to pass along the rest of the feedback you have shared in here.

To clarify, when you have feedback for a third party route, you can share it all in these forums and we will make sure everything you have mentioned get's seen and passed along. We can't promise what will get worked on though.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

Thanks for your input:-

Though I have to say maybe the community should start to ask for refunds, as it is not "fit for purpose" or as "Expected to be". I wonder how we stand on our "Consumer Rights"

Suggestions on how, we as the community can help?

20. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

cheers for this :)

Although somewhat retreading the same ground.

can you confirm if the rest will be added or will it remain just 4 for this DLC?

21. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

What was the reason behind the decision to only include four trophies on PS4? Was it a technical limitation? Time limitation? Capability limitation? Why did the PC and Xbox get the usual ten?

• Like Like x 1
  22. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

There was a technical reason that stopped more being added. The exact details of that I don't have to hand right now.

I would expect it to remain as just the 4.

• Like Like x 2
  23. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

With all respect, but this seems to be an excuse. I would suggest to plan a bit more ahead or not at all, as there have lots of other trophies been added after IOW but still in the same set. Is there any explanation? Otherwise I'll stick to my conclusion.

Edit:
    I'd like to state these details that may shed some light on the issue:
    1) There are 124 trophies in set 1, 119 in set 2 and up to now 55 in set 3.
    2) The trophies for IOW are in set 2, and it seems at least possible - general logic assumed - that 5 additional trophies could be added to that set.
    3) Although it's probably not possible to put them in the same folder.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  24. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Who is really responsible, is it Rivet, DTG or Sony? Someone must know who and how to resolve.

25. Coastway trainspotter

I’m not sure , but both companies seem reluctant to be the responsible one

• Like Like x 1
  26. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

It's funny how IoW is the only route to suffer from such a "technical reason".

In addition to the shopping list of bugs above, the liveries still don't work. You can create a livery but it isn't usable. Rivet have been tagged on threads covering the matter, but they are obviously missing a keyboard to reply.

I strongly feel that DTG should not allow Rivet to release a new route until they've cleaned up behind them. The two Rivet routes are the worst reviewed on the steam store. Even the Diesel Legends pack has been reviewed more favourably...

• Like Like x 4
  27. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Rivet games are beginning to be the crap running off of dtgs coat tails (hard work)

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
  28. kingus.uk

kingus.uk Active Member

I won't be buying any Rivet content until they get their act together. I've reported problems to both DTG and Rivet, and as pointed out above, each blame the other party, no one does anything about it. It's the only real action we can take, and if no one buys, they might look at why.

• Like Like x 2
  29. Coastway trainspotter

I agree , sounds like some sort of small protest , but it may be effective

• Like Like x 3