Train Guards

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by tim.brooks111, Mar 26, 2021.

1. tim.brooks111

tim.brooks111 New Member

It would be great to have train guards that open and close the doors for you, as well as signal to the driver, I think it would create such a cool experience!

• Like Like x 4
  2. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Would be great to see guards introduced to the game. The Class 101 seems so alien with no guard in the guard compartment as these were a interesting feature of the first generation DMUs out of Paddington until 1992. Also a feature of some of the other routes too.

3. Mr heff

Mr heff Well-Known Member

Or even the ability to become the guard ;) that would truly make TSW unique.

4. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

I myself don't quite understand why people want this, am I missing something? I'm genuinely curious to hear why the abilty to be a guard is so fun. Is it more than opening and closing doors and maybe checking tickets? How do you imagine it working, because it might be fun, I just don't know :)

5. Mr heff

Mr heff Well-Known Member

I think you have to be really obsessed to enjoy it fully tbh haha. I'd imagine it's fairly east to implement, most of the functionality is already in the game. Most trains in the UK have a guard box that's only accessible with a key in each carriage, that's where you can operate the doors and guard buzzer. The driver AI would be programmed to respond to your buzzer codes. Not too exciting perhaps for someone who isn't completely bonkers about opening and closing doors, but I would certainly enjoy it.

• Like Like x 1