PlayStation Stuck In Traffic At Crowcombe Heathfield! Bug? (west Somerset Railway)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by myhrik, Mar 24, 2021.

1. myhrik

myhrik New Member

Hello!

I am playing the "West Somerset Driver" Journey on TSW2020 on my PS4.
    At the penultimate stop on the second mission in a row called "Minehead – Bishops Lydeard", everything came to a halt.

I arrived at the stop several minutes before schedule, but the signal to pass into the station was red. I figured I would just stop and wait until it turned green, but it never turned green. A train is occupying the space I am supposed to drive into, and it doesn't seem to move.

Is this a known bug, or am I missing something? Do I have to start from scratch and play the entire one-and-a-half hour mission all over again..?

See the attached screenshot. The train occupying "my" space, does not move, and the signal stays red. When trying to pass it anyway, the mission fails.

All help would be very welcome!

IMG_1402.jpg

2. Ps4Player

Ps4Player Well-Known Member

Did you save and reload? This is a common bug on many routes with savegames...just a guess.
    But don't set your hopes to high, it's very unlikely to turn green later...

3. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

4. myhrik

myhrik New Member

Yes actually, I did load this game by the "Last Played" function... Dang.
    I also saved the game regularly because the route is so long... But that's not a danger before actually reloading, is it..?

5. shhweeet#4292

Apparently doing saves and then starting from a save can introduce bugs etc. into that particular task. My theory with these red light problems and others bugs is it’s maybe linked to the player being too slow. I’m a fairly recent newbie as such whilst I’m learning the game I’m obviously quite a slow coach so by the time I get to a red light problem other faster players have probably got there whilst it was on green and passed it.

Just a theory of mine though and probably totally wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ps4Player

Ps4Player Well-Known Member

I never encountered a problem because of just saving. Only after loading. This is actually. The reason why I didn't continue WSR, Peninsula corridor or Csx. It's not even fixed in TSW2....

7. myhrik

myhrik New Member

Thank you all for all your input!! Greatly appreciated.

I enjoyed WSR quite a bit so far, but this makes it a bit unplayable. If I can't save and load when a mission lasts for 90 minutes, I can't quite find the time to complete it either, until they fix this. Let's hope they do. :)

8. johnny69wells

johnny69wells Active Member

Are these save bugs going to fixed? Sand Patch Grade, is long journey time, people shouldn't be expected to do in one go, without saving.

• Like Like x 1
  9. shhweeet#4292

I agree they should be fixed as a matter of urgency. I very rarely have the time to do these long journey times of an hour + either. Talking of saves has anyone noticed if you save on Trans Pennine and then reload via the save the person with you in the cab ( co driver ) changes. I got the shock of my life when I had a man with me and then after a save there was a woman! Every time you save you get a different co driver when you reload from it. Weird?

• Like Like x 1
  10. johnny69wells

johnny69wells Active Member

Its happened a few times with me.

• Like Like x 1