Arosa Line Possibly A Problem Or Just Something That Needs Explaining?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by SHINO BAZ, Mar 25, 2021.

1. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

I was just shy of entering the final tunnel to arosa station,when a yellow warning light under the grade monitor came on a few seconds later the red below it came on,then the train just stopped,i was going slow because i was getting near the station.I searched all over the cab for any kind of reset button or switch found nothing tried turning things off and on yet nothing i tried restored power.so any idea what happened?

2. thomastl59374

thomastl59374 Well-Known Member

The coloured lights are part of the in-cab signalling system, with the colours representing the upcoming signal aspect. I haven't experienced much if it myself but what I understood from the release stream was that when the yellow shows up you need to press the acknowledge button otherwise the train will stop. Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 2
  3. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

Yes and explained very well, I will add that I have heard the saftey system might not be activating as it normally should so that could also be effecting it.

4. SHINO BAZ

I just watch the stream and saw what matt said but he forgot to say what to do if the light goes red and stops your train.I have no idea how to reset the engine so it will work again,If it even happens again.

5. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

I wonder if setting the vacuum brakes to emergency would reset the safety systems?

6. StrikeEagle78

StrikeEagle78 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if this is the only switch that needs to be set to fix this, but I also had the same issue and was looking everywhere for a fix to get the train moving again. Then I looked at the lower left panel (where your left leg would be). There is a switch there to turn on the cab fan and next to it there is a Deadman Cut Out Switch button. I set it to cut in and the light turned off and I was able to continue. Hopefully this works for you.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SHINO BAZ

Ok,that sounds promising i'll remember that one.So i now have one button to try if it goes yellow and a switch if it goes red.thx...

8. SHINO BAZ

After this just happened to me again,i final realized after poking around the cab for 30+minutes it was a brake issue not a power loss issue,but you need to refill the vacuum air pressure system to release the brakes.I was able to do it but i'm still not sure how it works.note the system ran out of air in less then a mile and stoped me again but i set the vaccum to 3 and air system numbers went up and i limped my beaten and batered train into arosa station.What a pain in the caboose it must be for swiss train drivers going up hill.

9. SHINO BAZ

The train stopped while i was doing the log delivery senario just before the station you leave your log wagons,and none of the buttons or switches i have used to fix this before now did anything this time.

10. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Hey SHINO BAZ I've had a chat with some of our more expert train drivers internally, the advice I have for you is the following.

One thing that may be causing the issue is, have you pressed the ZS button when the yellow starts to flash? This should stop the emergancy brakes. It is also worth checking if you have the deadmans switch on, it is on the left hand side under desk.

If you have all of this set up correctly and you continue to have difficulties please do submit a support ticket as it might be an issue that requires further investigation.

11. SHINO BAZ

Ok,
    1st. I have pushed the ZS when the yellow came on,and it cleared the system twice but 3 other times the train still went red and stopped,
    2nd.After i was stopped i pushed the ZS button and air vacum system refilled to about 48,and i could move again.
    3rd But while doing the log haul senario my train skipped yellow went straight to red and stopped,and ZS button did absolutely nothing this time.
    4th.As for the dead man i haven't used it for any of these runs,but someone posted that they used it to clear a stop issue,which wasn't any help to me,it did nothing to clear the stopage.
    5th.I tried putting the auto air refill to emergency just see what it would do and of course it didn't help.
    6th.Now so far this has only happend while i was going uphill,downhill hasn't had this happen yet.
    Note:I have kept my uphill speeds with in 2 or 3 mph of the track speed limit,so i don't think speeding is what's causing this random yellow/red alerts and stops.
    7th.On most other in game locos clearing a emergency stop normally isn't to hard,but for the Ge 4/4 II is a head scrather for me,now when your being taught how to drive the Ge 4/4 II,rivets should have had a how to recover from a emergency stop explanation in there somewhere,because this is a system you can't turn off.

Thx.

12. bartolomaeusz

bartolomaeusz Well-Known Member

ZS cleared it for me, but after 10-15 minutes of looking around as others noted above. 18 minutes late and I'm being called into the station office by an administrator.

13. hairyscotsman40

hairyscotsman40 Member

I’m getting this same issue and just cannot recover after the emergency stop. Do feel Rivet should have dealt with this in the training scenario as someone else said it’s not like other routes where you can turn the safety systems off, or should I say, you actively have to switch the safety systems on.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thorman

Thorman Active Member

Same problem here. Stopped near Arosa (from Chur) and impossible to restart.
    Given the very poor quality of the DLC, I am considering asking a refund from Microsoft.

• Like Like x 1
  15. roggek

roggek Active Member

Apply vacuum brake (to hold the train stationary), , Set the traction controller to "0" and set the reverser to neutral/"0".
    The red light should go out. Set the reverser to forward, and you can start over again.

And agian here is the manual:Train_Sim_World_2_Arosalinie_Driver_s_Manual_EN.pdf (steamstatic.com) Page 20 is very informative...

Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
  16. doomedcookie

doomedcookie Active Member

There's a button called ZS, right next to the Reverser keep pressing it

17. pwilson79

pwilson79 Active Member

The traction controller/throttle also HAS to be in the off position, which is a tiny, easy-to-miss setting just between 0 throttle and 0 brake. this is extremely easy to miss, and I know it was what I was missing when I found myself in exactly the situation you guys seem to be describing. for 20 minutes. (ahem) :)

18. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

This thread is already open
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/red-signals-which-make-arl-unplayable.38438/

19. pwilson79

pwilson79 Active Member

that thread looks like it's a completely separate issue to me.

20. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I'm experiencing a similar problem. After accidentally failing to acknowledge the yellow warning light, my train has been brough to an emergency stop with a red warning light. No matter what I do, I cannot figure out how to reset the system to get my train moving again. Throttle is in the off position, reverser is in neutral, both loco brakes and train brakes are at 100%, I've been pressing that acknowledge button, I've been trying to use that Deadmans Cut-Out Switch in both positions, I've been trying to turn off the master key. But no matter what I do, nothing happens. How does one reset the Ge 4/4 after the safety systems triggered the emergency brakes?

DTG Protagonist Jasper_Rivet ?

EDIT: Google found this topic with a search. Didn't pay attention it was in the Xbox forums. I'm on PC, in case that matters. So I guess it's a cross-platform problem :P

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  21. jon_mann

jon_mann Member

Having exactly the same problem on the PS4 version, trying to couple back up to the wagons, got permission to go at restricted speed, buzzer sounded and before I got a chance to hit the acknowledge button train stopped ans I can't resume. Have put brakes to 100% and throttle to off and pressed the button again, nothing.