Wcml South Class 350 Issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chrsjrcj, Sep 19, 2020.

1. chrsjrcj

chrsjrcj New Member

I know the route has many other issues, but I can't even put this train into Forwards/Reverse or move the brake/power handle. Am I dumb and missing something, or is this a bug too? I've tried on both scenarios and quick drive to no avail.

2. dunkrez

dunkrez Well-Known Member

Have you switched the master key on?

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. chrsjrcj

chrsjrcj New Member

That would help lol

Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

While I'd never call anyone dumb.. well.. maybe flat earthers and people who think the moon landings were fake perhaps LOL... I do suggest that you're doing something wrong. Master key (Shift+W)? DRA? Have you read the manual?

[edit] Ignore... Appears you've sorted it.

5. dunkrez

No worries mate, happy driving :)

6. jimhev1963

jimhev1963 New Member

iv been having the same issue, but i have tried everything to get the train actually moving, it is on full throttle, reverser on forward no braes on and is still not moving forward. everything is on it just will not move. please help im getting rather frustrated. pantograph is up, engine is on, master key is on, floor pedal tried on and off, even wipers on and off but no movement!!!

7. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Is the DRA on?
    The red thing on the left of the instrument panel - try switching it on and off
    Page 11 of the manual

• Like Like x 1
  8. jimhev1963

jimhev1963 New Member

tried that, nothing, no movement, the class 377 which is pretty much the same train works fine, but the 350, nothing

9. esgtee

esgtee Member

I think I had that issue before and tried to clear it by applying full service brake, switch into reverse. Then neutral, and back into forward. If at any point the emergency brake has been applied, it will take a while for it to release. What about turn the driver's key using mouse click rather than shortcut keys?

I'm due to go back to work next week on the real thing. Real Class 350s tend to behave more predictably than the software version!

• Like Like x 2
  10. brummie

brummie Active Member

When you first turn on driving key, using the f4 HUD, with the mouse select neutral position, set up your cab and when ready to go, using mouse move selector this time to forward position and then throttle away! Make sure the DRA is off or you won't go anywhere.

11. GP771

GP771 New Member

Anyone know why on the class 350 and beeping noise goes off? problem is its not aws and it cannot be turned off unless i go into neutral and forward... also stops the train, pressing Q will not stop it

12. dunkrez

Try pressing "e" when you hear the alarm, might be that.

13. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The train has a Vigilance device just like the real Class 350 and a lot of other modern trains
    And the driver has to reset it every 60 seconds to prove he as not been incapacitated
    On the real trains the movement of the Power/Brake controller resets the timer

Peter

14. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Just had to edit my controller software controlling my foot pedal to include Numpad_Enter as the DSD button, that was on the Mk3 DVT, always worth checking if a train uses different keybinds.

15. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

What do you use?

16. esgtee

esgtee Member

Sometimes I'll pre-empt the Vigilance on a real 350, lift the pedal up and back down quickly, so the alarm doesn't go off at critical moments, and it knows I'm paying attention. I don't think that works in the game though. If you press the E key before the alarm goes off, it won't wait a minute to set the alarm off again.

17. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Same as the AWS - you can not reset it before it sounds