PC Arosa Timetable Is Too Tight

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by fabristunt, Mar 27, 2021.

1. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

The timetable is too tight. Departing from Chur on the first service of the day I reach St. Peter Molinis with 4 minutes delay. I am driving according to the speed limit.
    The delay keeps increasing for subsequent stops.
    The timetable needs to be reworked completely.

• Like Like x 10
  2. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

I've noticed this too.

The 21:00 from Chur to Arosa is scheduled to take 57 minutes in reality, but only given 45 minutes in game.
    The 22:03 from Arosa to Chur is scheduled to take 56 minutes in reality, but only given 42 minutes in game.

My theory is that Rivet tried to copy the real timetable, however as this is based on EMUs, didn't have time for the runarounds at each end.

So instead of making the timetable work in a proper fashion, they've sped up the timetable so it appears to work.

In reality the 21:57 arrival into Arosa then departs at 22:03. Obviously this is not long enough for the runaround, so Rivet have sped the 21:00 up to then give you 18 minutes. Sounds good, until you realise that you arrive nearly 12 minutes late...

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Cyklisten

Cyklisten Well-Known Member

Another problem is that I have to wait for another train while there are two other passing loops betwen me and that train. It happened twice after starting from Chur at about 7:00. I would probably get super delayed to Arosa, but I derailed in a switch in Langwiese and after reloading the last objective my schedule just disappeared.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

To avoid derailing leaving Langwies towards Arosa you should keep your speed 20km/h or less until you don't pass the switch. I derailed there three times in a row ...

Duty times really need to be set in game realizable way or without time penalty. I was expecting that timetable will be more relaxing, it's impossible to chase every second on very low speed railway.

• Like Like x 5
  5. fabristunt

Especially considering that the speed set does not work properly, so it's impossible to achieve 35 km/h, thus losing precious seconds. Feels more like a racing game with such a timetable...

• Like Like x 3
  6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The timetable is one of the worst in TSW for not being realistically achievable. The AI trains might just be able to make it as they can hug the speed limits, something that’s not possible for the player to do. Even then, I’m not sure with some of the timings I’ve seen between stations.

• Like Like x 4
  7. roggek

roggek Active Member

Well Rivet says that they copied the RhB timetable from 2015.
    Judge for yourselves:
    <+> KUBUS <+> (fahrplanfelder.ch) Arosa timetable 2015 PDF
    The real running time according to that timetable is 61 minutes...

The normal running time between Chur and Arosa should be around 61-64 minutes, not 45 as it is today.

• Like Like x 7
  8. adamcjay

adamcjay New Member

Not sure it's needed given the clear evidence above, but just to input my experience...

Drove RH1460 departing Arosa at 17:50. Sure it is difficult to keep always at the speed limit but I think I managed it fairly well. As can be seen, I lost 4 mins over the first few stops, but what really got me having to wait at Luen-Castiel for a Southbound service as I clearly hadn't made it into that section in time for the dispatcher to route me through on time. Maybe I'm just too slow, but when you're talking 1 or 2 kph here and there, I find it difficult to accept.

upload_2021-3-29_19-14-39.png

• Like Like x 2
  9. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I agree, the timetable is not working properly. It is far to optimistic.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

I’ve only done one timetable run up the mountain and ended up being almost 10 minutes late despite sticking as close as I can to speed limits. Only got a silver medal for my run because I couldn’t make up the points in time.

Don’t want to run more services until this is fixed as I don’t fancy having to redo it all over for gold medals later.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

With my runs up the mountain the worst I have been is 4 minutes late, but got a gold medal for the two runs I have done. A third I got a silver medal but I put that down due lost points on a few of my stops.

• Like Like x 1
  12. bartolomaeusz

bartolomaeusz Well-Known Member

I enjoy the Route, doesn't bother me that I can't make the times - not after Bakerloo and the Trans-Pennine anyway

13. fabristunt

I have no issues with the timetable on bakerloo and NTP. You might want to re-evaluate your driving technique and braking point.

• Like Like x 1
  14. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

On NTP it depends what you're driving. I can do it with a Class 45, but the 47 on the same services is too sluggish.

• Like Like x 3
  15. frank351981

frank351981 Active Member

I´ve done a drive from Chur to Arosa at 13:08. I noticed:
    - my times where I arrived/departed corresponds real good to the real time table (except 1-2min), but not to the ingame-timetable.
    My times: 08 / ? / 23 / 29 / 38 / 42 / 50 / 57-02* / 06 / 12
    Real times: 08 / 10 / --- / 28 / 37 / 41 / 50 / 56-58 / --- / 09
    In Game: 08 / --- / --- / 23 / --- / 33 / 38 / 45 / --- / 08
    (Station sequenz: Chur departure / Chur Stadt / Untersax (no stop) / Luen-Castiel / St.P. Molinis / Langwies / Litzirüti / Haspelgrube (no stop) / Arosa); *had to wait for KI-train to Chur

When you now put all InGame Times to stations where are no regulär stop (execpt Chur Stadt), it would roughly fit. Would be: 08 / --- / 23 / 33 / 38 / 45 / ? (regulär stop Langwies) / ? (regulär stop Litzirüti) / --- / 08. Seems they have put the times on the wrong stations

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
  16. Medellinexpat

Medellinexpat Well-Known Member

I think that generally route timings are too aggressive. I recently posted issues with the GWE pack and the timings where some people helped me compare them to real life. I think DTG make the timings aggressive to make it more game play friendly. My guess is that most real train drivers focus on their job and don’t feel under continual white knuckle stress to keep the speed up to the maximum ensure that they don’t arrive late. Game play wins over realism.

• Like Like x 1