PlayStation Oakville Subdivision Journey Problem

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by IfICanDream, Mar 23, 2021.

1. IfICanDream

IfICanDream Active Member

After almost getting to the end and coupling the rest of the autorack cars to formation and then heading the train the other way towards Burlington, the train refuses to move. I noticed the acceleration goes into the red. What do I need to do here? Thanx.

2. pinter

pinter Member

I just "completed" this scenario last night, it's called "Maple Leaf Motoring".
    I ended up uncoupling all the autoracks I just coupled to. The game would occasionally flash an "Unexpected formation" warning message at me, but it allowed me to finish the journey.

I also checked all the handbrakes on those autoracks and none were set.

Also, this occurs on PC.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
  3. IfICanDream

Yeah, that’s what I ended up doing. And I’m glad I wasn’t the only one who got the formation error.

4. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...this is absolutely a known bug with that scenario that dates back to Oakville Sub running under TSW 2020. Matt actually spoke about it on one of the live streams back then... but DTG abandoned support on all things TSW 2020 and it then carried over into TSW 2. Nice, huh?

The fix for this is exactly what was mentioned- uncouple from the cars then recouple to them, and that should do the trick. This issues also doesn’t occur every time after coupling up to the set of cars in the large yard... out of 10 tests I ran back then, it only happened about 3-4 times. There’s plenty of legacy info on this issue in these forums... just use the search function and you’ll find it.

5. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Yes, I'd almost forgotten this one. It's serendipitous. First few times, the train didn't move or only accelerated to about 10-15 mph. But then it just worked! Nothing different. Was fine, all the way to Burlington. I never repeat scenarios, once completed, so I just put it down to gremlins and moved on. Not very helpful, I know, but there it is.:)

Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
  6. IfICanDream

I never recoupled, just went ahead without them, which, obviously, was why I got the formation error. I'll remember this if I repeat the scenario again.