Kansas City Union Station With Routes East And West

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by wflint2, Apr 6, 2018.

1. wflint2

wflint2 New Member

May I suggest a multitude of route possibilities from the famous Kansas City Union Station?

KCUS 079.jpg
    One of the many unique features of KCUS is the "through" track design allowing trains to continue onward in both directions without backing out of the station.
    Along with hundreds of photos, both vintage and post- restoration, I can provide access to the original architects drawings of the complete original building and track plan, including the coach yard, roundhouse, and engine servicing facility.
    Also, for sheer diversity, there are few places in America that can match Kansas City Union Station. At it's heyday, no less than a dozen railroads (plus some local traction lines) paused there. These include:

• Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe,
    • Chicago & Alton (to Chicago and St Louis),
    • Chicago, Burlington & Quincy (direct lines to Denver, Billings, Omaha, Chicago and St Louis),
    • Chicago Great Western (to Minneapolis / St Paul and to St Louis),
    • Chicago, Milwaukee, St Paul & Pacific (Minneapolis / St Paul, connections to Chicago & Milwaukee),
    • Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific
      (direct lines to St Louis, Chicago, Minneapolis / St Paul, Denver, Galveston, connections to Southern California),
    • Kansas City Southern (Port Arthur, Texas; connection at Shreveport for New Orleans),
    • Missouri, Kansas & Texas (lines to St Louis and Dallas / Fort Worth),
    • Missouri Pacific (lines to St Louis, Omaha, Pueblo, Little Rock; connections to New Orleans and Texas),
    • St Louis & San Francisco (lines to Birmingham, Mobile, Dallas / Fort Worth; connections to Mexico),
    • Union Pacific (lines to Denver, Omaha with connections to the Overland Route),
    • Wabash (St Louis, Chicago, Toledo, Detroit).
    KansasCityMO1930.jpg
    As it seems DTG has more than adequately covered the East and West coast lines, perhaps it's time to consider this middle America hub for their next US route?

• Like Like x 8
  2. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Midwest really needs some attention. The past is also especially interesting with the huge muddle of railroads back then. Not a bad idea to check it out!

• Like Like x 1
  3. BlitzRail

BlitzRail New Member

I wholeheartedly agree with this. There's sooooo much potential out in the midwest, that DTG has not tapped into

• Like Like x 1
  4. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

I would love to see this coverage in my home area, I'm in Jefferson City, in particular I'd love to see the MP line from Kansas City to St. Louis.

• Like Like x 1
  5. 777Gaming

777Gaming Well-Known Member

Reminds me of Jacksonville Union Station. Cool!