Rhb Ge/abe Locos, Emus

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Trainzdriver328, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Trainzdriver328

Trainzdriver328 Active Member

Good evening, I've owned the add-ons Arosa Line, Albula Line and so on for a while. The only thing I do not understand correctly is the control of the vacuum pump. That's a little switch near the Train Brake. Can someone please explain the exact functions of it? Because the manual only says that it changes the power control. And if, for example, I go to notch 3, the highest level of the Vacuum Pump, then you can increase the power without limiting the speed, which is also correct. But if I turn the switch back to 1, for example, then the train accelerates like a rocket to the specified speed. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Hopefully anyone can explain to me better how it works. Thank you!

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The Vacuum Pump switch does not operate like that on the real trains
    In real life you increase the speed of the pump to release the brakes quicker

Did you read the section in the Manual that explains the Vacuum Pump switch gives different levels of operation?
    From the RhB manual 02 about the Ge 4/4II

"1.6 Basic Linear Throttle Override
    We have worked hard to design an intelligent throttle Fahren zone for this locomotive featuring speed selection and power cut-off as described above. This system also evaluates the total train weight and track gradient to deliver the best throttle power for the current situation.

However if you wish to bypass this system and use a basic linear scale throttle without speed selection then select setting “3” using the Vakuumpumpe lever. This will change the way the Driving Control Wheel operates. Settings 0, 1 and 2 will revert to the default intelligent system."

3. Trainzdriver328

I've read it carefully, but if I go to Setting 3, and then go back to Setting 1, for example, then the train accelerates much faster than at the start of the scenario

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Setting 3 is a Basic system
    Setting 1 or 2 might mean the train accelerates faster using the Intelligent Throttle depending on weight

5. Trainzdriver328

ok and then what is Setting 0? The lowest acceleration?

6. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

From what I read it only has positions 1, 2 and 3.