A Few Things To Add That Are In Game

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Swisstrains, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

Hi!
    So over the last few days I wrote down a lot of questions, which I would love to get answered. I’ve been thinking about them for a long time and would like to give my ideas and to get an answer to them. So let’s get into it:
    1. On the skyhhok games website I saw the Zacns tank cars from MSB with a GATX logo on it. They looked amazing and way better than the ones we got in game. So my question is: Are we getting GATX logos on these tankcars when the MSB update is getting released?

2. I know this question has been asked a lot of times, but on the other side a lot of time has passed. So: Will the Br101 get a cab car?

3. Apart from the cab car: Will we get extra layers for the Br101 on other routes, for example SKA and HHL?

4. This also belongs to the MSB: Will we finally be able to use the Br185.5, the new Br182 from HHL on MSB after the update?

5. Also for MSB: Will we be able to use the Falns coal waggons, sggmrss container waggons, shimmns-ttu steel waggons and maybe also the Roos-t wood waggons on MSB? This question is also for ither routes, cause it would be so amazing to have more variety in freight waggons on other routes... And since they are in game, it would be cool if we can use them on other routes! And it would be the perfect time to implement them when they get updated anyways :)

6. Will the Br143 finally get the PIS so that you don’t have to run to the cab car all the time?

7. More a bug, but I thought I would also leave it here: Will the light bug in the tunnels of MSB get fixed? So that the light won’t shine through?

8. How often do the waggons spawn that we created in the livery editor? I edited a uacns waggon and haven’t seen one of them in the 100 I’ve seen since then...

Thanks for reading and I would appreciate to get as many answers as possible :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

I can give only one answer, it is to question 2. In a stream a while ago they said the BR 101 will not come with a cab car because 'it would be like moddeling an entire new loco'. Many players don't like that, and because the BR 101 isn't that far into developement as far as I know, I really hope they change that and choose to include the Cab car anyways. Without the Cab car the BR 101 would need complicated running around operations, which might make its availability lower. The Cab car is also seen with the BR 101 really often, and to me it would feel like missing if not included. (and locos like the baby bullet for Penninsula Corridor did come with a cab car.)

I do expect the 101 to layer onto other routes, but nothing is known yet. I don't expect information until closer to its release (which I'm really excited for).

I also hope the GATX Zacns comes to the game, it does look way better. There also seems to be an EWS class 08 on their site, which as far as I know isn't in game (yet?).

Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Swisstrains

Uou are right! Almost every other train that is in the game and has a cab car in real life did come with a cab car. And I live in germany and have almost never seen an IC without a cab car...

• Like Like x 2
  4. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

I see sometimes the IC trains without a Steuerwagen, but the cab car has to be with the Intercity set, I don't mind if it takes longer, but I really hope that there will be the cab car

• Like Like x 1
  5. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

There won't. It was said before. Simple as that. Hopefully it will be added as a future DLC at least

6. jolojonasgames

Yeah but the problem is that is unlikely too. Who will buy just a cab car? Just make the BR 101 take slightly longer and make it cost maybe a bit more if it is truly that much of an effort.

The only option then would be to add the cab car with a BR 120 dlc (because the 1st and 2nd class car for this wouldn't have to modelled again), and have that add onto the BR 101 DLC.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Swisstrains

but was there a reason? I don’t now but it would be a shame! Cause the IC is way cooler than the ICE because it has more flair in my opinion...

8. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

cause doing the cab car is almost as much work as building another loco. So basically we're asking for two locos for the price of one

9. jolojonasgames

I normally don't complain but:
    1. Northern Trans Pennine Heavy Freight pack came with two locos, for the normal loco DLC price
    2. The Baby Bullet DLC for Penninsula corridor came with a cab car.
    Now, there are a few reasons I can think of as to why. For NTP HFP, the 08 was already in game, it has just been reskinned as far as I know. The baby bullet came with the cab car and standard car, the 101 with 1st and 2nd class coaches.

Still 2 locos for the price of one has happened, and I think most players would like to pay a bit extra for the can car just because it might never make it into the game otherwise.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Swisstrains

exactly! I would pay 20€ if I have to, but it’s not the way just to sell the Br101, cause there are very minor cases where an IC is operating without cab car in germany :(

• Like Like x 1
  11. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

I would add cold starts to locomotives in the depot. Even the Arosa line does not leave the depot in 24 hour mode. I would like to have the opportunity to come to the locomotive in the morning and put it into operation. And then get on the line.

12. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I think that would just cause complaints if the price of the db br 101 went up just for a cab car. Some people would point to the MP36 which has a cab car and costs $20 and complain that if dtg made a cab car for a train and charged normal price for that, then why is the price for the DB BR 101 higher if you made the MP36 and the cab car for the standard price

13. jolojonasgames

Yeah, that could be an issue. Looking at the MP36 really makes me wonder why DTG doesn't include the cab car with this one (maybe because it's an ex-InterRegio car and therefore too different from the other coaches?). But maybe it's not to late into the developement process to change DTG's minds, though I think that's wishfull thinking :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. tallboy7648

I doubt dtg will change there minds. They are very stubborn

• Like Like x 1
  15. Swisstrains

Well, Sam said that if we really want something we have to make noice... much noice! So.... Where is the best place to make noice so DTG will hear us? :D

• Like Like x 1
  16. tallboy7648

The fourms :)

17. Swisstrains

so... lets make seven or eight new threads and call them “why we should get the IC cab car with the Br101” :D

• Like Like x 1
  18. jolojonasgames

They'll be sooooo annoyed :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Swisstrains

as we would be without the cab car XD
    But you’re right, I made a thread and we can make this one light up

• Like Like x 1
  20. tallboy7648

Look dtg know the complaints about the train not coming with the cab car and they said that the cab car will not come. DTG are a stubborn company so don't waste your time on the matter. If the DB BR 101 is something that you won't like because it doesn't have the cab car, don't buy it or wait until it's on a deep deep sale. It might suck but it is what it is

• Like Like x 1
  21. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

Well, with a short look on the MP36 cab car, it is actually a usual standard coach with an added driver's stand, that replaces some passenger seat rows.

[​IMG]
    They just could take the already modelled coach and change a part of the interior, add some headlights and front windows, not a complete new model. Maybe they had added the IC-cab car, if it was the same style like the MP36 cab car, for example like this one...

[​IMG]