What Do You Think?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Swisstrains, Mar 29, 2021.

?
  1. Wait longer for the cab car and pay a bit more

40 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. Don’t wait and have an add on that is more or less unfinished?

10 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

So as most of you have seen: The Br101 is still in production. And the ones who have seen an IC in germany know that they are operating with a cab car almost everytime. And since Matt told us that there is noch cab car in planning, because it would mean they would have to create another locomotive and sell “two for one”, (if I’m wrong here, let me know ;))
    But my opinion is: I would pay even 20€ to get the cab car! And I’d even wait longer, because the Br 101 without a cab car would be like internet in germany: It is there, but it’s not good :)
    So I would love if we can let this thread light up and (as Sam said) make a ton of noise so we might change their mind ;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

They have already stated that the addition of the cab car was neither included in their budget or time for this project. These are business decisions that are made early on and I doubt that we can change anything about that.
    They have acknowledged our request for the cab car, so who knows, maybe some other future dlc will provide it.
    At this point I just don't see any point in kicking off the same topic again like 2 months ago, we made our position clear in several threads and DTG put out a statement, saying it was not accounted for the control car and it won't come, and that we have been heard.
    Sounds pessimistic but that's that topic done for me anyway.
    All I want from this dlc that has not been made 100% clear so far are layers for some other routes, which is unprecedented but still a way to make the pack more attractive.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

My suggestion would be to start a streak counter for how long we can go between poll threads with loaded questions and leading answers.

Cheers

• Like Like x 11
  4. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Option 3 accept that the loco is nearly done (stats are in steam) and so will be arriving shortly without a cabcar.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Have to agree. Very few people in the forum know how to write poll questions with objectivity. That's why I ignore most of them.

• Like Like x 5
  6. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The 101 ohne Fuhrerstandwagen is a done deal. However, it's possible that the hue and cry might cause DTG to think twice before repeating the mistake in future.

They might even release another German loco (120? 245? 103?) which includes an IC cab car usable with the 101.....

• Like Like x 3
  7. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

They could probably make a route down the road with 120 AND the cab car. 101 could then substitute and both could substitute each other on IC services on new routes. As much as I love the 103, I think it never worked with these cab cars. Also, an option would be to create a route with diesel IC services (definitely 218) and make it there. The problem with that would be that for a 101+cab car layer on other routes you would need a combination of DLCs that don't work together normally (101 probably wouldn't substitute on a diesel route), so for it to work they would have to drop those weird loco+route DLC activation systems and make something brand new.

"You only have 101? That adds these 8 EC services. Do you also have this route with 218? Well, now 101 ads another 30 IC services with cab cars, 15 each way."

8. solicitr

Do the same cab cars even work with electric and diesel locos?

9. solicitr

BTW, DTG are missing a trick not including the 218 in Hamburg-Lubeck: the things are stabled at Lubeck! (that line was not electrified until relatively recently, and diesels hauled everything) Maybe a loco DLC for HL.

10. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Yeah, they've been running them to Sylt - an island only reachable by a train - some time ago (also a very interesting route to make as a whole).
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  11. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

Well, easy question, complicated answer, the cab car itself can be connected to any loco that has ZWS (zeitmultiplexe Wendezugsteuerung). The problem with the 218 is that they don't produce enough power to supply a train with more than 7 coaches with energy. So, they mostly go as multiple unit, one for the Traktion and one for supplying the train with energy (most for the air conditioning). As the communication between the multiple units take the same channel/pin as the communication with the cab car, the cab car is dead, when a 218 MU is in front of the train.

• Like Like x 1
  12. solicitr

So the IC coaches use HEP, they don't use axle generators like the m- and n- wagen?

13. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

Yes, as the 'z' in Avmz, Bpmz...indicates, they all use the 'Zugsammelschiene' no axle-generators

• Like Like x 1
  14. solicitr

Interesting that the ZWS apparently is designed for a maximum of two units, and can't be daisy chained.

15. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I am happy with what will be given to us, but a delicate hunger will remain /o\

16. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

I agree on that, though nowadays apparently the 218 are rarely seen, with the 112 doing most of the work, and even they are being switched out for 146.3 since 2020.
    By the way, TSG mentioned once that he has plans for a 218 after his announced 3 releases, which also means, that it will probably take more than a year for that to come anywhere close to TSW. They mentioned that they will already have to work hard to get 2 of the 3 locos in this year.

17. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

People really need to learn how to write surveys that are not biased. Might as well ask the old question, Are you still beating your wife?

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. solicitr

Just taking their lead from the professional polling organizations.
    "Which best describes your position in the coming election?
    A. X is a great statesman and I'm totally going to vote for him.
    B. X's opponent is a slimeball and I'm totally going to vote against him."

• Like Like x 1
  19. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

DTG have said that the cab car won't come so making threads like this is pointless.

I will say this though. I find it odd that dtg said that making a cab car would be two for one if that's a bad thing as they have done that with the MP36 and made the cab car along with the Amtrak cab car and charged standard price. The fact that a option on this poll is to wait longer and pay extra for a cab car would not be a good thing because increasing the price for a loco dlc would cause complaints and some would point out the MP36 has the cab car and it's standard price and probably say it wouldn't make sense or isn't fair to increase the price since the MP36 is "two for one" and is standard price.

Hopefully in the future dtg won't make the same mistake again by not including a passenger train that has a cab car in real life without a cab car. I could only imagine the backlash if dtg didn't include the dostos cab car for the db br 146